St. Mary's Hospital

Hospital

Rate St. Mary's Hospital

Ratings for St. Mary's Hospital

Value

My daughter was there for day surgery 3 weeks ago and they mixed up the time for her, she had to fast. We arrived on time for 8:20 to register, was told her surgery that was scheduled for 10:20 was moved to 12:20. We had a letter from St. Mary's showing her surgery time for 11:20, we showed the nurse the form and she basically said the doctor's office should have told us the time changed...she had no idea the time was originally 11:20....my daughter didn't get in to see the surgeon till 1:20, needless to say she was very hungry! We got home at 6pm, we were at that hospital from 8:20am to 6pm!!! Extremely unacceptable our time is valuable as well. The after care nurse had 0 care in her bones I was not impressed with her coldness...I had surgery at St. Mary's in the summer and same thing, they were late for my appt. I can honestly say I won't be going back there if I can help it. I doctor who released my daughter was great she had understanding, care and knowledge which we needed since WE are not doctors.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2019

Value

I came there with the eye condition. The receptionists were EXTREMELY rude!!! The staff refused to help me, and the doctor did not care at all. Wasted 5 hours there

flag | Submitted January 12, 2019

Value

Twice now St.Marys hospital almost killed me. The first time was 10 years ago so let’s assume they have new staff now and I need not talk about it. But the new staff have the exact same horrible attitude. I went in there by ambulance, I was already diagnosed by my doctor but the medication was not working so I went In because I was getting so sick I could barely stand. They first of all would not even give me a glass of water even though I was already diagnosed with a kidney infection which requires you to drink a lot of water. They said it was because they were running tests but I was already diagnosed, so I honestly think they were just being difficult. I was so thirsty my mouth was completely dry and therefore they could not get a vein which is because I was soooo dehydrated also it is why my heart was beating 95 bpm and they still would not even give me a glass of water. They kept me there all day and ran there “tests” they kept trying to get a vein but to no avail because without water it was not going to get any easier. Then they discharged me still with absolutely no water and sent me home. Without fixing a thing. In fact their refusal to give me water for the past 10 hours made it way worse. They told me to keep taking the antibiotics ( that were not working) and kicked me out. The next day I went in to my doctor. I was so sick my doctor said “why aren’t you in the hospital” and I explained. So he sent me to Grand River Hispital and dazed ahead so they k we i was coming and they took very good care of me. Their is a culture of bad attitudes and habits at St. Mary’s hospital they are not interested in helping people.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2018

Value

As far as I'm concerned they let my Mother die. I called my family in Alberta on Wednesday afternoon because I was concerned with the care and what seemed like deterioration of my Moms health. The nurses station told my relatives when they called that she was fine and I was reprimanded by the doctor for stating my concerns to my brother. My mom passed away two days later and thank goodness they listened to me because they made it to the hospital in time to be with her when she took her last breath. Whether it's short staffing, or overall discontent with their jobs, it's not the publics problem. I am having nightmares because I had to sit and watch my mom dying before my eyes and was afraid to speak up again, for fear they would treat her even worse.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2018

Value

Bad at night, they need to hire more doctors for night time.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

Value

I have gone to Grand River Hospital ever since I came to Waterloo but once in an emergency scenario I took an ambulance to St. Mary’s. I told the nurse that I was on blood thinners for a blood clotting disorder. I was short of breath, I could barely breath and I was having chest pain. I told the nurse all of this and she rudely shrugged me off and told me that she could smell the weed in my apartment and I was just high (my roommates were smoking weed). I waited in emerge for three hours barely breathing in panic with no one to help me. Eventually I got the strength to call my parents who demanded I get immediate attention. They told my mom that he can come up himself if he really needs medical attention. Eventually when I saw a doctor they said they would take an ultra-sound “just in case” anything was wrong...I had three blood clots in my lungs blocking my airways. Never again will I go to that hospital.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2018

Value

Poorly trained Doctors. They sent a profoundly depressed patient home without any kind treatment. And yes the patient did request to speak to someone several times and was left alone in a treatment room for hours with not one so called professional offering any kind of help or intervention .

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

Value

They have twice almost killed me. The first time they sent me home to die and I lived and I don’t even know how. And the second time Grand River hospital helped me , thank god. These people do not Care about people.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2018

Value

Bad hospital. Staff are rude and don't have any consideration for patients

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

Value

I got a boxers fracture on my fifth digit and went to the hospital to get it set and I found 10 days later according to a plastic surgeon that the guy who set ruined my knuckle and cause permanent damage and would have been better doing nothing. 10/10 would do again

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

Doctors at St. Mary's Hospital

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.