Grand River

Hospital

Rate Grand River

Ratings for Grand River

Value

I arrived in quick time by the paramedidics.. with multiple injuries. They did xrayed then went with the ct scan. I think they should had just done the ct scan first and fore most. I was cared for well with one exception. They kept me laying on the wooden backboard with a neck brace basically all day until I went in for back surgery. When I met Dr. Moammer he could not believe they made me suffer on the hard back board and the neck brace on even though they both could have been removed about 6 hours prior. He removed it himself. Did thoroughly good job! Both before, during and after the surgery. Cherrs to you team!!!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2018

Value

I have really bad health anxiety after some of my experiences at Grand River. I have had a referral lost, an abnormal mri that was not communicated to me and experienced terrible treatment from some staff who just didn't care. While admitted, was unable to stand up or feed myself. Only one nurse over 4 days offered to help me. I had to wait for my mom to visit in order to get any assistance. I was kept up all night by the loud nurses basically having a party at the nurses' station, sharing personal stories with each other loudly which I didn't care to hear ALL night. I ended up asking to go home as I was just getting worse there. I will say that I had an amazing doctor and ER in the emerg but this was after I slipped and fell on a spilled drink that had been left on the bathroom floor. I also have nothing but amazing things to say about the labour and delivery staff as well as the NICU doctors and nurses. It is unfortunate that some staff really bring this hospital down when others really do care and are competent.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

Value

The Doctors and especially the nurses on the cancer care ward were very professional caring and compassionate despite being overloaded with too many patients?The one important issue I did have was doctors decision for benevolent deception treatment protocol.They didn't have the heart or stomach to tell the truth regarding my loved ones hopeless condition.They kept giving me hope for a better result when they knew there was no hope for any recovery.This I found very difficult to handle emotionally

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

Value

Nursing care was exceptional! Caring and giving and knowledgeable about the emotional issues attached to the physical problems. Everyone works hard and i felt well cared for by the doctors and nurses and the different department personal.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2018

Value

The wait time in ER sucks. Always has here. not enough staff to deal with the volume.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

Value

Taken to ER - first time I've been to this hospital and I hope I never go back. The ER department is overburdened and therefore chaotic. There is a definite lack of cleanliness at the facility and that needs to be corrected immediately. The bathroom was disgusting and very few times did I see the sheets be changed between patients on the emergency beds. The ER doctor was good but the nurses were overworked. It was the lack of cleanliness that was most disturbing.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

Value

We were given a YouTube channel and sent on our way without any diagnostic testing!! Saw another doctor and were ordered xrays and an MRI! Extremely disheartening. Staff were not friendly or helpful.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Value

Nurses are extremely rude and insensitive to patients needs and pain, asking to see my dr he won’t show up tell I go to his office , they don’t give u medicine on time , dirty and such bad food you won’t be able to smell it . Sharing rooms with people suppose to be in single rooms especially when they ware dipper . Unbelievable Ignoring for patients

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

Value

Nurses are extremely rude and insensitive to patients needs and pain, extremely long waits hours range between 4-7 hrs. I saw a nurse shushing a patients who was experiencing pain and another nurse asking a mother to remove her toddler (patient)from a stretcher because nurse needs it. don't go there avoid this hospital until it is closed or our complaints is heard by responsible people. I hope all of the staff get fired and be substituted with more experienced , knowledgeable staff.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

Value

Father was prescribed 14 medications during his lengthy stay at grand river waiting for a long term care bed. He was practically a comatose zombie. Nurses said it was his disease progressing. They didn't want to deal with him - injected him with Hydromorph on a regular basis for causing trouble despite the fact he could barely walk. Could never find the dr - we would wait for hours for his arrival only to be told he wasn't coming to the floor! Moved father in law to long term care, where with less staff they got him down to 4 medications! Father could eat on his own and expressed some joy until his passing. Would never, ever go to grand river for care. I can't believe my taxes support this place.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Doctors at Grand River

Dr. Tom Hupel

Dr. Tom Hupel

Latest Rating

Dr. Hupel did a total knee replacement on my left knee in 2006 & my right hip in 2016 & then my right knee in August of 2018. I am amazed what a wonderful orthopedi... Read more

Dr. John Heintzman

Dr. John Heintzman

Latest Rating

Dr.Heintzman is incredibly helpful and aware . He is always willing to work with my daughter and listen to our concerns and offer solutions outside of medication . V... Read more

Dr. John Vanderkooy

Dr. John Vanderkooy

Latest Rating

He is a good person kind hearted Doctor but kinda confused

Dr. Ravneet Juneja

Dr. Ravneet Juneja

Latest Rating

Basically said I was a waste of his time. I left his office in tears.