Grand River

Hospital

Rate Grand River

Ratings for Grand River

Value

The Doctors and especially the nurses on the cancer care ward were very professional caring and compassionate despite being overloaded with too many patients?The one important issue I did have was doctors decision for benevolent deception treatment protocol.They didn't have the heart or stomach to tell the truth regarding my loved ones hopeless condition.They kept giving me hope for a better result when they knew there was no hope for any recovery.This I found very difficult to handle emotionally

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

Value

Nursing care was exceptional! Caring and giving and knowledgeable about the emotional issues attached to the physical problems. Everyone works hard and i felt well cared for by the doctors and nurses and the different department personal.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2018

Value

The wait time in ER sucks. Always has here. not enough staff to deal with the volume.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

Value

Taken to ER - first time I've been to this hospital and I hope I never go back. The ER department is overburdened and therefore chaotic. There is a definite lack of cleanliness at the facility and that needs to be corrected immediately. The bathroom was disgusting and very few times did I see the sheets be changed between patients on the emergency beds. The ER doctor was good but the nurses were overworked. It was the lack of cleanliness that was most disturbing.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

Value

We were given a YouTube channel and sent on our way without any diagnostic testing!! Saw another doctor and were ordered xrays and an MRI! Extremely disheartening. Staff were not friendly or helpful.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Value

Nurses are extremely rude and insensitive to patients needs and pain, asking to see my dr he won’t show up tell I go to his office , they don’t give u medicine on time , dirty and such bad food you won’t be able to smell it . Sharing rooms with people suppose to be in single rooms especially when they ware dipper . Unbelievable Ignoring for patients

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

Value

Nurses are extremely rude and insensitive to patients needs and pain, extremely long waits hours range between 4-7 hrs. I saw a nurse shushing a patients who was experiencing pain and another nurse asking a mother to remove her toddler (patient)from a stretcher because nurse needs it. don't go there avoid this hospital until it is closed or our complaints is heard by responsible people. I hope all of the staff get fired and be substituted with more experienced , knowledgeable staff.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

Value

Father was prescribed 14 medications during his lengthy stay at grand river waiting for a long term care bed. He was practically a comatose zombie. Nurses said it was his disease progressing. They didn't want to deal with him - injected him with Hydromorph on a regular basis for causing trouble despite the fact he could barely walk. Could never find the dr - we would wait for hours for his arrival only to be told he wasn't coming to the floor! Moved father in law to long term care, where with less staff they got him down to 4 medications! Father could eat on his own and expressed some joy until his passing. Would never, ever go to grand river for care. I can't believe my taxes support this place.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Value

I have witnessed, the poor medical treatment or service in the mental health department system!! As I got numerous report from patient, explaining to me how the doctor or nurses do there task! From base on what I heard from patients, if you have disobey any of the right from being in mental health system they will add more time for you to be there and feeds you more medicine! And if the patient misbhave or or mess up, the doctor will force you back, to do the same medical procedure.. That right there is not curing mental health issues!! It provoking patient more angry with the system because the doctors are simply repeating the method instead of help fixing the problems! Simply example method, That these doctor are using are, is like a kindergarten class, if a child misbehave you get a time out and eat some candy! And if that same child act up again the teacher would do the same methods or procedure So please take this matter seriously before calling yourself a doctor!!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

Value

I had the sad experience to visit the ER and be admitted as a patient in December 2015. Was admitted to the oncology ward even though I do not have cancer (no one bothered to clarify that fact, so I was left wondering). In the eight days I was a patient I was not once offered to be washed. Not once. I was also asked to be administered my own suppository with two broken ribs. Grand River offers the worst nurses ever. The doctor I was given could not even manage to discharge me with a line of communication. When I proceeded to become sick again I went straight to St. Mary's hospital where I recieved the highest level of care. I'm traumatized by the care I did not receive being admitted into this hospital. The nurses here should be given sensitivity training.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Doctors at Grand River

Dr. Tom Hupel

Dr. Tom Hupel

Latest Rating

Dr. Hupel was my surgeon in 2011 for an ACL reconstruction. I saw Dr. Hupel on 3 separate occasions pleading that my knee was not improving after a dislocation. I wa... Read more

Dr. John Heintzman

Dr. John Heintzman

Latest Rating

Dr.Heintzman is incredibly helpful and aware . He is always willing to work with my daughter and listen to our concerns and offer solutions outside of medication . V... Read more

Dr. John Vanderkooy

Dr. John Vanderkooy

Latest Rating

saw him for the first time today and he was very funny and made me feel comfortable.

Dr. Ravneet Juneja

Dr. Ravneet Juneja

Latest Rating

I think Dr. Juneja is a great psychiatrist. He is very kind, he knows what hes doing, he cares about his patients, and i really like him.