Grand River Regional Cancer Centre

Hospital

Rate Grand River Regional Cancer Centre

Ratings for Grand River Regional Cancer Centre

Value

Being diagnosed with prostate cancer, I met the Doctors and staff. Through my radiation treatment, I found them to be thorough, professional and understanding. It amazes me that they have genuine compassion for all who face the challenges of cancer. Special thanks to Dr Rachaconda who led me through it with a positive attitude and vital information. My results are good. I attribute that to the work done by the competent staff and early detection. Kudos to all at GRCC and thanks! Brian Sweezey.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

Value

I had excellent care at Grand River Cancer center. The technicians, the doctors, the nurses all amazing. Battling breast cancer is hard enough but when you have great care it helps! Thank you!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

Value

The lack on compassion from the head oncologists was terrible. Some nurses were great, while others couldn't be bothered to check on patients. Father was there with a treatable form of lymphoma. On a Thursday night, was told my 55 year old father would be coming home in a matter of days. Following day called back for another meeting and told that the chemotherapy has suppressed his immune system so far the he now has PML which is worse than cancer and he will be dead in a couple days as it eats his brain. They're lack of monitoring/knowledge is the ignorance that killed my father at 55

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

Value

I can't stress enough how horrible our family was treated by my beautiful Mom's oncologist! She was arrogant, disrespectful and lacked any kind of compassion. She belittled and talked down to my Mom as well as our whole family! She made one of the worst times in all our lives a thousand times more difficult! I was appalled and shocked Grand River would keep such a vile Doctor on staff! Seeing a loved one suffer with cancer is one of the most traumatic experiences one can go through! Having to see this lady treat my dying Mother like a piece of dirt was utterly repulsive! I honestly feel so sorry for her patients and their family's! She must be a very very unhappy person to treat cancer victims with such disrespect! She's more concerned with staying on schedule then answering questions and making her patients feel comfortable and informed! Her nurse was also very rude and disorganized! I will never ever have anything good to say about this place!!!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2018

Value

Everyone that I had contact with at GRRCC was extremely friendly, helpful and caring. My experience over my 20 days of treatment was exceptional and the staff did everything that they could to make my experience an easy one. I am very grateful for all the support which made a difficult situation bearable.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2018

Value

From Julie at reception, to the lab people, to Leanne at the chemo suite reception and Sandra, Trish,, David and all the others in the chemo suite; they are all great. My Doctor Stevens and nurse Cathy could not be better. If you need their services, this is the best place to be

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

Value

In all my stays and visits I would recommend going there to all.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

Value

Great team of caring people Dr Stevens and his team are professional compassionate people God Bless this clinic and all who work there. Was diagnosed with leukemia over a year ago all options where explained and possible treatment discussed wonderful to have such a great team on my side

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Value

When you learn that you have cancer, it is very scary. Everyone from the receptionists, the nurses,the doctors and the radiologists were extremely friendly and helpful. I consider myself very lucky. Vastly different experience than at the main hospital.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

Value

The doctors, nurses and receptionists were kind, helpful and compassionate. Having cancer is a very frightening thing but I felt well cared for and consider myself lucky to have a great cancer center so near by. During my month of radiation I heard nothing but praise from the other patients so I too am surprised at some of the negative comments here.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Doctors at Grand River Regional Cancer Centre

Dr. Pierre Fortin

Dr. Pierre Fortin

Latest Rating

He is a great doctor with a wonderful attitude and comforting style.

Dr. Darren Gopaul

Dr. Darren Gopaul

Latest Rating

Doctor Gopaul is a wonderful doctor. He is caring and compassionate as well as very knowledgeable. When my fully cognitive 92-year-old mother was faced with a very ... Read more

Dr. Vas Basrur

Dr. Vas Basrur

Latest Rating

Dr Basrur was my radiation oncologist in 2012..was very helpful with explaining my case to me. He was very kind & caring. I saw him interviewed on tv news when he r... Read more