Ratings for Dr. Michael Hawke

I had a very positive experience with Dr. Hawke. I was not expecting such a thorough assessment, including audiology assessment(in another room) during the consult with opportunity to discuss those results and further physical assessment directly afterward. Hearing loss for me has been quite distressing and I found him to be understanding and optimistic in his suggestions for further testing and possible solutions. I think he's a good guy and very smart. Thank you.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I've been having some vague but sometimes unbearable pain for months. He begrungingly did a couple of tests but I'm not even sure if he evaluated properly because he was so convinced he wouldn't find anything. He may be right but I didn't really like his attitude and his guesses as to what's causing the pain seem ridiculous. He didn't seem to be sympathetic to my situation at all. I'll have to get further tests done elsewhere because this is terrible to live with.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

I love Dr Hawke. I saw him today for vertigo and he was very patient, listened to my concerns, and sent me for additional tests to determine the underlying cause of my symptoms. I've seen many doctors now who just say dizziness isn't a big deal, but not Dr Hawke. When it interferes with your ability to do normal everyday activities, it is a big deal. I appreciate being taken seriously. I'm thankful for being referred to Dr Hawke.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Great experience even though he wasn't able to solve my chronic ear pressure/popping issue. He let me know that I could see him anytime without a referral. He did not rush me, he listened and took his time.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Well, my Mom has been trying to get an appointment for a cat scan and was told, when she last saw Dr. Hawke, to contact Rachelle, the receptionist, for information about the appointment. So, 4 months later, and after numerous attempts at leaving messages that were NEVER returned, my Mom decided to call the office, yet again, today a few times. On the fourth attempt she finally got Rachelle on the phone! When my Mom asked why none of her phone calls were returned she was told, "I always return calls," to which my Mom just chuckled a bit, not feeling in the mood to argue over her delusions. She told my Mom that she has a cat scan scheduled for later this year, but had no idea when and that she will be getting a letter in the mail from the hospital. Awful experience with this obviously, incapable woman who makes imaginary phone calls, but otherwise, my Mom didn't have one bad word to say about Dr. Hawke.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Egoistical & dismissive. Came to him with a problem and he preferred to deflect rather than to listen. Won't be returning.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I was referred to Dr Hawke by my GP. He seemed knowledgeable with a good understanding of ENT. Overall I think he was good my complaint is the length of time to get the 1st appointment, the MRI, the time for him to complete an assessment and the 2nd review appointment was 7 months. In the end he confirmed I had a problem and referred me to another Sinus surgeon. I had to go through this process with a Sinus surgeon which took another 5 months. My question is why did I spend 7 months going to a Sinus Specialist only to be referred to a Sinus Surgeon causing huge delays In resolving the issue, treatment and moving to healing.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

After a whopping 3 minutes (if that) - his response - "I can't help you"

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

I can now update my experience with Dr. M. Hawke. It turned out that I had a sinus infection. He gave me some antibiotics and within short order, I was breathing again. He also had me check into a sleep clinic as some of what I reported to him indicated that I may suffer from sleep apnea. Sadly, it appears that my problems are deeper than that which Dr. Hawke is an expert. But once again, I had a top notch experience. The office staff was terrific. And he listened carefully to what was ailing me and made some suggestions. Dr. Hawke was thoughtful, patient, and has a lightness of being which gives me great confidence in him as a doctor and as compassionate human being. He is in a class of his own. Top notch and I have no hesitation in recommending him to others.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Staff is really nice and polite. Dr. M. Hawke will do X-ray or CT scan. I did't see a doctor. It was very bad experience. Thanks for nothing.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014