Ratings for Dr. Michael Hawke

I have been a patient of Dr Hawke's for over two years. Dr Michael Hawke is knowledgeable, competent and affable and I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2019

I've been waiting fo an MRI referral since March 2019. It is now 2019. It's common to get your MRI appointment and have to wait a few months for it, but in this case, I'm still waiting for the initial appointment booking. It's definitely not normal to take this long to BOOK a referral appointment. I've called the receptionist multiple time and they keep saying they're not getting a call-back from the hospital. Given that I'm not the only one with this same complaint, I don't think the issue is the hospitals not getting back to the receptionist but the receptionist not being as thorough and consistent with their follow-ups!!!!! Definitely not impressed as I'm waiting for this MRI to continue my consultation and get to the bottom of my issues. Meanwhile, I'm living in discomfort because of a subpar receptionist.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2019

My daughter has been seeing Dr. Hawke since she was 6 and has a fantastic experience with him. He is kind and funny with kids. Would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2019

I've been a patient of Dr. Hawke since I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2014. I can see how some might find him to be terse and abrupt, but honestly, I've never left his office feeling that I was rushed or given substandard care. He is quick and not overly chatty, but will take the time to talk and answer questions if needed. Overall, I have no complaints. His staff are also helpful and friendly.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2018

My husband is still waiting for an MRI referral after he saw Dr. Hawke back in May of 2018. I've called the office to follow up a couple of times and still have not received an MRI appointment. After reading comments below sounds like we will be going back to GP for another referral.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2018

Mom has seen Dr. Hawke for 2 years, since her radiation on right side of her head. He is gentle, kind and knowledgeable. Speaks with her respectfully. Treats the problems perfectly well. Always attentive her needs.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2018

Dr. Hawke is an excellent doctor BUT HIS STAFF WHO WORK THE PHONES ARE RUDE AND DO NOT FOLLOW-UP WITH CALLS RE .BOOKING OF SPECIALIST APPOINTMENT.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

I have been seeing Dr Hawke for at least four years now, 4 time's a year, and would gladly trust my complete medical care to him if only he expanded his specialties. His reception team run a very tight ship and have always been nothing but professional and responsive. I have chronic wax build up which used to lead to sinus and ear infection and loss of hearing. Since I have been a patient and have regular treatments these complaints are a thing of the past.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

My first visit I found him to be condescending and his manner was not very personable. This guy feels like the kind of doctor that wants to be retired but still hasn't paid off the yacht and cottage yet. My second visit, the admin staff were completely missing things from my file which delayed my appointment, then after all that waiting for them to get their act together the doctor has an scheduling conflict and chooses to leave before doing me the courtesy of at least completing my appointment before he takes off. Reschedule? Ya right. Complete waste of time. Needless to say I'm going back to my GP to be referred to someone with more couth. This wasn't a one off, it's the work culture in that office.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I had a very positive experience with Dr. Hawke. I was not expecting such a thorough assessment, including audiology assessment(in another room) during the consult with opportunity to discuss those results and further physical assessment directly afterward. Hearing loss for me has been quite distressing and I found him to be understanding and optimistic in his suggestions for further testing and possible solutions. I think he's a good guy and very smart. Thank you.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017