Ratings for Dr. Michael Hawke

Mom has seen Dr. Hawke for 2 years, since her radiation on right side of her head. He is gentle, kind and knowledgeable. Speaks with her respectfully. Treats the problems perfectly well. Always attentive her needs.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2018

He tried to touch my no no spot and I am still scarred

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

Dr. Hawke is an excellent doctor BUT HIS STAFF WHO WORK THE PHONES ARE RUDE AND DO NOT FOLLOW-UP WITH CALLS RE .BOOKING OF SPECIALIST APPOINTMENT.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

I have been seeing Dr Hawke for at least four years now, 4 time's a year, and would gladly trust my complete medical care to him if only he expanded his specialties. His reception team run a very tight ship and have always been nothing but professional and responsive. I have chronic wax build up which used to lead to sinus and ear infection and loss of hearing. Since I have been a patient and have regular treatments these complaints are a thing of the past.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

My first visit I found him to be condescending and his manner was not very personable. This guy feels like the kind of doctor that wants to be retired but still hasn't paid off the yacht and cottage yet. My second visit, the admin staff were completely missing things from my file which delayed my appointment, then after all that waiting for them to get their act together the doctor has an scheduling conflict and chooses to leave before doing me the courtesy of at least completing my appointment before he takes off. Reschedule? Ya right. Complete waste of time. Needless to say I'm going back to my GP to be referred to someone with more couth. This wasn't a one off, it's the work culture in that office.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I had a very positive experience with Dr. Hawke. I was not expecting such a thorough assessment, including audiology assessment(in another room) during the consult with opportunity to discuss those results and further physical assessment directly afterward. Hearing loss for me has been quite distressing and I found him to be understanding and optimistic in his suggestions for further testing and possible solutions. I think he's a good guy and very smart. Thank you.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I've been having some vague but sometimes unbearable pain for months. He begrungingly did a couple of tests but I'm not even sure if he evaluated properly because he was so convinced he wouldn't find anything. He may be right but I didn't really like his attitude and his guesses as to what's causing the pain seem ridiculous. He didn't seem to be sympathetic to my situation at all. I'll have to get further tests done elsewhere because this is terrible to live with.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

I love Dr Hawke. I saw him today for vertigo and he was very patient, listened to my concerns, and sent me for additional tests to determine the underlying cause of my symptoms. I've seen many doctors now who just say dizziness isn't a big deal, but not Dr Hawke. When it interferes with your ability to do normal everyday activities, it is a big deal. I appreciate being taken seriously. I'm thankful for being referred to Dr Hawke.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Great experience even though he wasn't able to solve my chronic ear pressure/popping issue. He let me know that I could see him anytime without a referral. He did not rush me, he listened and took his time.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Well, my Mom has been trying to get an appointment for a cat scan and was told, when she last saw Dr. Hawke, to contact Rachelle, the receptionist, for information about the appointment. So, 4 months later, and after numerous attempts at leaving messages that were NEVER returned, my Mom decided to call the office, yet again, today a few times. On the fourth attempt she finally got Rachelle on the phone! When my Mom asked why none of her phone calls were returned she was told, "I always return calls," to which my Mom just chuckled a bit, not feeling in the mood to argue over her delusions. She told my Mom that she has a cat scan scheduled for later this year, but had no idea when and that she will be getting a letter in the mail from the hospital. Awful experience with this obviously, incapable woman who makes imaginary phone calls, but otherwise, my Mom didn't have one bad word to say about Dr. Hawke.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016