Ratings for Dr. Michael Hawke

Egoistical & dismissive. Came to him with a problem and he preferred to deflect rather than to listen. Won't be returning.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I was referred to Dr Hawke by my GP. He seemed knowledgeable with a good understanding of ENT. Overall I think he was good my complaint is the length of time to get the 1st appointment, the MRI, the time for him to complete an assessment and the 2nd review appointment was 7 months. In the end he confirmed I had a problem and referred me to another Sinus surgeon. I had to go through this process with a Sinus surgeon which took another 5 months. My question is why did I spend 7 months going to a Sinus Specialist only to be referred to a Sinus Surgeon causing huge delays In resolving the issue, treatment and moving to healing.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

After a whopping 3 minutes (if that) - his response - "I can't help you"

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

I can now update my experience with Dr. M. Hawke. It turned out that I had a sinus infection. He gave me some antibiotics and within short order, I was breathing again. He also had me check into a sleep clinic as some of what I reported to him indicated that I may suffer from sleep apnea. Sadly, it appears that my problems are deeper than that which Dr. Hawke is an expert. But once again, I had a top notch experience. The office staff was terrific. And he listened carefully to what was ailing me and made some suggestions. Dr. Hawke was thoughtful, patient, and has a lightness of being which gives me great confidence in him as a doctor and as compassionate human being. He is in a class of his own. Top notch and I have no hesitation in recommending him to others.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Staff is really nice and polite. Dr. M. Hawke will do X-ray or CT scan. I did't see a doctor. It was very bad experience. Thanks for nothing.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

I recently saw Dr. Hawke for what I suspected then, and what has since been confirmed, to be obstructive sleep apnea. I arrived early for both of my appointments and I was seen to within minutes. He listened to my symptoms and opined that I had sleep apnea and booked me for a sleep study and referred me to Home Lifecare for a CPAP machine (Andew at Home Lifecare was fantastic, by the way). Got my CPAP, went for my study, then back to Dr. Hawke, all within a month. I know some complained that he was abrupt and quick, but I never saw this. He listened intently and took the time to explain sleep apnea and what my sleep study results meant. It was quick, but I appreciated that. The staff in his clinic are also good. It's very busy and they are clearly working at full capacity, and they do a fine job. Overall, I'm happy with my experience with Dr. Hawke and his staff.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

I saw Dr. Hawke about twenty odd years ago, maybe more. He removed polyps from my nose and changed my life for the better. I had been suffering with polyps for years and in one quick procedure, fixed me up. I love the guy for what he did. Literally changed my life. Now, decades later, I find that there is something wrong with my nose and my family doctor told me to go see a top notch doctor, namely Dr. Hawke. You could have knocked me over with a feather. He is still practicing!! I am pleased as can be that once again he will have an opportunity to help me out. I'm report back how it goes. My ratings are based on my previous experience.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

I saw Dr.M. Hawke for the first time today with a blocked eustachian tube. I barely had time to take my coat off when I was called to his office. Dr. Hawke was very thorough, experienced and explained every step of the way. I had a hearing test right away by a very professional audiologist & then a final diagnosis back in the DR.' s office. I have never experienced such professional, quick treatment as most ENT Dr.'s have 1- 3 month wait lists. His staff were great too. HIGHLY recommend this Dr.to others needing ENT treatment ASAP !!!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

Had an appointment in late july which ended in requiring an xray...The lady at the front desk who was to make the appointment never called with one nor did she return any of my phone messages inquiring into the delay. Finally(this is november) while I was on hold she solidified an appointment....When I arrived for the appointment, there was no paper work and the lady at the xray place offered to call and request that one be faxed...This reeks of inefficiency and unfortunately reflects on the doctor.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

I have just finished a visit with Dr. Hawke. The office staff were very polite and helpful, and the doctor was kind and very well informed. Although having instruments suck down ones nose is never fun, Dr Hawke was gentle and talked about what he saw. He discussed my issues and gave me his best opinion before agreeing to refer me to another specialist. I feel comfortable recommending Dr. Hawke and his staff.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013