Ratings for Dr. Michael Hawke

Saw Dr. Hawk for sleep apnea. After a 4 min appointment with him i did his sleep study. His own clinic said I had central apnea but he said it was obstucted apnea. A later specialist agreed with his clinics report that i had central apnea(he refused to read his own report or worse didn't understand it). I didn,t buy his machine and missed his warning letter by 1 week regarding driving and by then he had sent off a letter to Driver licence bureau and I spend the next 3 years trying to get it back which i finally did

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Nice enough in person, but very brusque, would not take the time to explain or take you through treatment options. Just gave you some reading material, declared CPAP, and basically told me to go. I tried to ask questions about other options, and he was annoyed and cut off conversation to get me out of his office. Other reviews indicate competency, and I have no evidence to indicate he is not competent, but the interaction was very unsatisfactory, and I will be searching for an alternative physician. From my perspective, not recommended.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2013

Dr. Hawke was friendly, knowledgeable and very punctual. I was pleasantly surprised to be seen on time, something rare for most specialists where often you can wait for more than an hour. Staff was efficient, friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

I had a sinus headache for 1-1/2 years. Dr. Hawke refused to do maxillary sinus surgery. Said it wouldn't help. I found doctor who did surgery. Sinus was full of fungus, puss and bacteria. I think he just couldn't be bothered. I now have a great new ENT doc.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

A very accomodating, friendly man. Extremely approachable and willing to help.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

His staff are lazy and rude - overall useless. I have been waiting for over a year for a surgery appointment. They can't get their act together. If he is to be a top doctor he needs to surround himself with quality staff.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

My opinion can be summed up in 4 words: friendly, efficient, knowledgeable, professional. What more can a patient expect?

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

Really rude to me! He got angry for me saying ouch! Awful! Do not see him!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

very knowledgeable doctor with an awesome sidekick, Joy, but very rude and lazy receptionists with bad manners. feel like going to a chinese market when i go see dr hawke and then visit cpap clinic in the basement. does anyone know if patients can go to other places to get the cpap machine? i feel the cpap clinic in the basement overcharged my insurance company with some defrauding. please advise and don't fall into trap. definitely, the cpap saved my life and marriage. thank you dr hawke.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2010

The reception is very annoying . She does not return phone calls even when you request for them to return the call. The doctor is the best in this line of business

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009