Ratings for Dr. Michael Hawke

Had an appointment in late july which ended in requiring an xray...The lady at the front desk who was to make the appointment never called with one nor did she return any of my phone messages inquiring into the delay. Finally(this is november) while I was on hold she solidified an appointment....When I arrived for the appointment, there was no paper work and the lady at the xray place offered to call and request that one be faxed...This reeks of inefficiency and unfortunately reflects on the doctor.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

I have just finished a visit with Dr. Hawke. The office staff were very polite and helpful, and the doctor was kind and very well informed. Although having instruments suck down ones nose is never fun, Dr Hawke was gentle and talked about what he saw. He discussed my issues and gave me his best opinion before agreeing to refer me to another specialist. I feel comfortable recommending Dr. Hawke and his staff.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

Saw Dr. Hawk for sleep apnea. After a 4 min appointment with him i did his sleep study. His own clinic said I had central apnea but he said it was obstucted apnea. A later specialist agreed with his clinics report that i had central apnea(he refused to read his own report or worse didn't understand it). I didn,t buy his machine and missed his warning letter by 1 week regarding driving and by then he had sent off a letter to Driver licence bureau and I spend the next 3 years trying to get it back which i finally did

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Nice enough in person, but very brusque, would not take the time to explain or take you through treatment options. Just gave you some reading material, declared CPAP, and basically told me to go. I tried to ask questions about other options, and he was annoyed and cut off conversation to get me out of his office. Other reviews indicate competency, and I have no evidence to indicate he is not competent, but the interaction was very unsatisfactory, and I will be searching for an alternative physician. From my perspective, not recommended.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2013

Dr. Hawke was friendly, knowledgeable and very punctual. I was pleasantly surprised to be seen on time, something rare for most specialists where often you can wait for more than an hour. Staff was efficient, friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

I had a sinus headache for 1-1/2 years. Dr. Hawke refused to do maxillary sinus surgery. Said it wouldn't help. I found doctor who did surgery. Sinus was full of fungus, puss and bacteria. I think he just couldn't be bothered. I now have a great new ENT doc.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

A very accomodating, friendly man. Extremely approachable and willing to help.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

His staff are lazy and rude - overall useless. I have been waiting for over a year for a surgery appointment. They can't get their act together. If he is to be a top doctor he needs to surround himself with quality staff.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

My opinion can be summed up in 4 words: friendly, efficient, knowledgeable, professional. What more can a patient expect?

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

Really rude to me! He got angry for me saying ouch! Awful! Do not see him!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011