Palmetto Richland Memorial Hospital

Hospital

Rate Palmetto Richland Memorial Hospital

Ratings for Palmetto Richland Memorial Hospital

Value

I spend 3 nights in the Heart Hospital and had exemplary care. From the pre-op, to intensive care, to the heart hospital and discharge, I felt I had the best care possible. The doctors, nurses and other professionals were all respectful and helpful. They took great care of me. I have to admit my experience was 100% positive. If I ever have to be in ICU again, this is where I want to be. I was monitored constantly by very competent nurses. The nurses and other professionals really do all they can to make you comfortable. To be honest, the only weak link was the hospital food. The food was ok, but it is hospital food..... :)

flag | Submitted June 15, 2018

Value

Well when you go to their er its very small and people are loud and nurses are very rude and mean.they have to Long of a wait time.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Value

I had surgery last of November 2017 and as an RN I can say without a doubt that I had the best care I have had at any hospital ever. From the pre-op to the post-op to the floor everyone was exceptionally nice and helpful. They answered the call light within seconds and were right there to get what I needed.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Value

There wait time in we before being seen is terrible.they need more it's on staff and real good caring nurses and techs. There wait time is usually 6 to 8 he's or more. It needs to improve by more it's nurses techs of all kinds more seating comfrontable seats. And more parking which needs to be very well lit up at night just like in the day time.more guards posted in parking lot. And guards should escort patient and family members to their cars especially at night.and one time I was there waiting on my ride and all the guards working from night until morning they all were just sitting at their post eating and like 4 guards were just gathered in that one spot eating and talking not paying attention to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Value

I recently took my husband to Robert Puchalski at SC ENT located at Palmetto Richland. My husband had severe ear wax and could barely hear anything. The doctor carefully removed the wax, and my husband was feeling relief. I asked Robert Puchalski what we could do for preventative care in the future so that my husband's ear wax does not become severe again, his only response was not to use q-tips. I told the doctor over and over again that my husband DOES NOT use q-tips, and he argued with me and told me that that had to be the case. I'm not sure if the doctor thought that I was lying, I wish it was as simple as not using q-tips, but my husband has some sort of ear wax drainage issue. The doctor could not, or would not, offer any preventative care for the future. The doctor did a good job removing my husband's excess ear wax, but when it builds up again next year we'll just be back, but at another ENT office. It is important to note that the doctor was not rude, the problem was he was not helpful or willing to suspend his belief that my husband was not using q-tips.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

Value

My father is in there for the third time in less than a year. He keeps getting infections. Now he is on a wound vac. The nursing staff in the heart health are amazing and attentive. In the other parts of the hospital they are overworked and work too long of hours. They try to do what they can and most of them are super friendly. I think the entire system needs nutritional training . Of course that may be true of all hospitals in the south. The man is a severe diabetic and they let him have a sugary dessert with every meal. The other thing I have noticed is the medical community there, grossly underestimate this man's intelligence. They never tell him why they are doing something. This has caused him to have an attitude and not always do what they ask because he does not know the seriousness of the situation. I think the staff needs training on dealing with people over 80 that are still intelligent and sharp as a tack. This could go a long way to having a more cooperative and happier patient and family visits. I personally would not choose this hospital.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

Value

Our mother spent a week in this hospital recently. She had emergency eye and sinus surgery at the age of 92. An infection had diminished her eyesight in one eye. We were thoroughly pleased with the care and attention she received from everyone on the staff. This was our first experience here, and it was a absolutely wonderful.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Doctors at Palmetto Richland Memorial Hospital

Dr. Evelyn R. Tucker

Dr. Evelyn R. Tucker

Latest Rating

Dr. Tucker is the most kind, knowledgeable, & thorough doctor I’ve ever met! My 1st visit was incredibly refreshing! The staff was friendly & listened to every wor... Read more

Dr. James W. Stands

Dr. James W. Stands

Latest Rating

I’ve been going to Dr Stands for 39 years. Absolutely the most kindest, caring, attentive doctor I’ve ever gone to. I hope he doesn’t retire until I’m gone! 🤪

Dr. Charles G. Castles

Dr. Charles G. Castles

Latest Rating

Dr.Castles is amazing! His staff is just as wonderful as he is. One of his nurse, Joyce, has been with him since he started with the practice. She is so sweet and v... Read more

Dr. George W. Watt

Dr. George W. Watt

Latest Rating

Dr Watt delivered my four children. Unbelievable bedside manners.. And never rushes you... I think he is why I just kept having baby after baby..

Dr. Melton R. Stuckey

Dr. Melton R. Stuckey

Latest Rating

GREAT DOC. Has seen it all and listens to your concerns.

Dr. Robert Tye Whitaker

Dr. Robert Tye Whitaker

Latest Rating

AWESOME DR AND MAN. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! MY DAUGHTER HAS SPECIAL NEEDS AND HE ALWAYS TOOK AMAZING CARE OF HER.

Dr. Greta C. Zimmerman

Dr. Greta C. Zimmerman

Latest Rating

She is a very good doctor. However, her employees that make appointments on the phone should all be fired. Every time I call to make an appt or ask a question, I a... Read more

Dr. Siva K. Chockalingam

Dr. Siva K. Chockalingam

Latest Rating

Dr Chockalingam is great however the office staff make it difficult to remain a patient of his.

Dr. Laura M. Ledlie

Dr. Laura M. Ledlie

Latest Rating

COMMON ANSWER "THATS NORMAL " MY child has had 3 bad experiences her and TODAY im switching their DR.

Dr. Christopher T. Hutchinson

Dr. Christopher T. Hutchinson

Latest Rating

Love him and his nurse Erin. Respects the patient's opinion and decisions.