Mount Sinai Hospital

Hospital

Rate Mount Sinai Hospital

Ratings for Mount Sinai Hospital

Value

Dirty floors, halls. Not enough diagnostic equipment for such a big hospital. A lot of work done by residents. Too many cooks in the kitchen and not enough attention to detail: who did what, was it done or even followed up on. Had heart surgery here and would not go back. Staff can be annoyed and too busy to bother. Claim “judgement call” on things they have “protocols” for. Dangerous place. Be very careful and when being careful be even more careful... as they are t

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

Value

Nightmare experience. Operated on patientswhile rock and roll music blasting so loud residents were screaming over the din. Resulted in very serious injuries. Doctor lied about oversedation and did not inform me I had been given a blood transfusion. Altered medical records. Don’t go to this horrible place ever.No respect for patients. Dept of health does nothing about ghost surgery performed by untrained residents.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

Value

I had cataract surgery on 11/14/17 at Mt Sinai which was performed by Dr. Ahmad. She is the most amazing doctor. Not only an amazing surgeon but also an amazing person. In addition her entire team did everything they could to make this a pleasant experience. Let's face it eye surgery is a scary thing but not with this group. I would recommend her to anyone who needs any type of eye surgery.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Value

I have a great md, which is only reason I went there. Out patient procedure involved a 4 hour delay. Stopped family member from holding area, while others had family there. Had to push to get brother back in. Anesthesiologist was trainee, used wrong size mouthpiece, hurt my jaw. Just got robo call to push button 1 or 2 to see how I was doing. It said human would call. Hasn’t happened. Whole experience was factory-like. Wish doctor would change hospitals.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Value

I had a resection for Crohn's disease. Took 6 days. While I was there the nurses were very good and my surgeon was very professional and caring. 10/10 would recommend anyone looking for a gastroenterologist.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Value

Post Major Heart Surgery-wasn't gotten out of bed for 6 days in violation of all protocols (not enough nurses to walk post-op cardio. patients.) Never got clean bed sheets, drinking water, or a bath. Food looked like dog vomit. Requested CAD Pump to manage post-op pain. NO AVAILABEL PAIN PUMPS IN MT. SINAI HOSPITAL IN THE MIDDLE OF NYC, USA? True 3rd world like. Excellent MD's lost in time and place by working at Mt. Sinai.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Value

I was there for 3 days after having surgery for Chiari Malformation. Because I was there and hardly any relative visited I was not bathe, or clean for that time. I went home and I had all the wires on that they used for the electro cardiogram etc. The Doctor was great and everything was great while I was able to care for myself but since I was so drugged up they just simply medicated me and did not care about my hygiene.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Please Dr Rafael Abreu I need you to take care of my hammer toe, pls pls

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Value

Incredible hospital with professional caring staff. I had aortic valve replacement surgery and kidney cancer surgery there. And I'm still here to talk about it. :)

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Value

I was very impressed with the quality of the staff.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

Doctors at Mount Sinai Hospital

Dr. David K. Sirota

Dr. David K. Sirota

Dr. Allan E. Rubenstein

Dr. Allan E. Rubenstein

Latest Rating

specialist in neurofibromatosis, an expert in his field, founded nuerofibromatosis foundation, now called childrens tumor foundation. opened his own pharmacutical co... Read more

Dr. Juan Delrio Martin

Dr. Juan Delrio Martin

Latest Rating

He performed a liver transplant in 06 on my husband and he is the best doctor in the world. Very personable, caring and great personality.

Dr. Paul Bernard

Dr. Paul Bernard

Latest Rating

In 1994 this doctor performed polyp surgery on me. 3 weeks later I sneezed and blood starting pouring out of my nose. To make a long story short, I nearly bled to de... Read more

Dr. Johanna P. Contreras