Mount Sinai Hospital

Hospital

Rate Mount Sinai Hospital

Ratings for Mount Sinai Hospital

Value

I had cataract surgery on 11/14/17 at Mt Sinai which was performed by Dr. Ahmad. She is the most amazing doctor. Not only an amazing surgeon but also an amazing person. In addition her entire team did everything they could to make this a pleasant experience. Let's face it eye surgery is a scary thing but not with this group. I would recommend her to anyone who needs any type of eye surgery.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Value

I have a great md, which is only reason I went there. Out patient procedure involved a 4 hour delay. Stopped family member from holding area, while others had family there. Had to push to get brother back in. Anesthesiologist was trainee, used wrong size mouthpiece, hurt my jaw. Just got robo call to push button 1 or 2 to see how I was doing. It said human would call. Hasn’t happened. Whole experience was factory-like. Wish doctor would change hospitals.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Value

I had a resection for Crohn's disease. Took 6 days. While I was there the nurses were very good and my surgeon was very professional and caring. 10/10 would recommend anyone looking for a gastroenterologist.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Value

Post Major Heart Surgery-wasn't gotten out of bed for 6 days in violation of all protocols (not enough nurses to walk post-op cardio. patients.) Never got clean bed sheets, drinking water, or a bath. Food looked like dog vomit. Requested CAD Pump to manage post-op pain. NO AVAILABEL PAIN PUMPS IN MT. SINAI HOSPITAL IN THE MIDDLE OF NYC, USA? True 3rd world like. Excellent MD's lost in time and place by working at Mt. Sinai.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Value

I was there for 3 days after having surgery for Chiari Malformation. Because I was there and hardly any relative visited I was not bathe, or clean for that time. I went home and I had all the wires on that they used for the electro cardiogram etc. The Doctor was great and everything was great while I was able to care for myself but since I was so drugged up they just simply medicated me and did not care about my hygiene.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Please Dr Rafael Abreu I need you to take care of my hammer toe, pls pls

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Value

Incredible hospital with professional caring staff. I had aortic valve replacement surgery and kidney cancer surgery there. And I'm still here to talk about it. :)

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Value

I was very impressed with the quality of the staff.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

Value

This hospital is unresponsive to request for full records, believe they are sanitized before providing them to reduce risk of liability. I dealt with a well credentialed surgeon, who set his and staff's primary priority on financial basis, not patient care! Out come was a disaster as well as not suppling every document with my name attached to it. With the number of well reputed hospital in the NYC area please consider choosing another one. I certainly wish I had chosen different surgeon as well as hospital.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Value

I was in hospital for extensive spine surgery. My in-patient stay was supposed to be 3 days it lasted nearly 3 wks due to complications. The medical part of the facility was clean, nurses responded to my needs in timely fashion. Once I was moved to the rehab. dept.this was another story. My bathroom was not cleaned, at least the toilet for over a week. for the most part my PT and OT were more interested in selling me product to take home than in individualizing an appropraite program for me.The doctor in chatge of my care in rehab was outstanding and caring,the support staff was a great deal less than that. As I come from a distance away and no 24/7 advocate there I found the staff more responsive to patients who had this sort of advocacy. These advocates were allowed to even interupt my care. The loader they were the more attention they and family members received.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

Doctors at Mount Sinai Hospital

Dr. Allan E. Rubenstein

Dr. Allan E. Rubenstein

Latest Rating

specialist in neurofibromatosis, an expert in his field, founded nuerofibromatosis foundation, now called childrens tumor foundation. opened his own pharmacutical co... Read more

Dr. Jin Chun

Dr. Jin Chun

Latest Rating

Dr. Chun performed my breast reconstruction 11 years ago & to this day, other physicians still marvel at his work. He was so kind & patient, so willing to explain ov... Read more

Dr. Juan Delrio Martin

Dr. Juan Delrio Martin

Latest Rating

He performed a liver transplant in 06 on my husband and he is the best doctor in the world. Very personable, caring and great personality.

Dr. Donna A. Ingram