Highline Orthopaedics - Tribeca

Clinic

Rate Highline Orthopaedics - Tribeca

Ratings for Highline Orthopaedics - Tribeca

Value

I have been training in and teaching martial arts for over thirty years, so I have a number of orthopedic issues -- both shoulders are a mess, torn meniscus in one knee, long ago torn ligament in the other, and a lot of arthritis in a lot of joints. It is all still pretty manageable, because I do a lot of "maintenance work" on my body, and that plus the training keeps me moving pretty well. I have had a new thing going on with my right wrist for the past year or more -- an odd swelling, not seemingly related to any acute injury. In the past three or four months, it began to hurt a lot, so I asked my GP to refer me to a hand specialist, and she sent me to dr. Mark Mohrmann. He is smart and easy to talk to. He listened to my history so that he had an idea of where I was coming from and seemed to take me seriously as a still-practicing serious martial artist. He had X-rays done right away, and went over them with me, then gave me a referral for an MRI. I made another appointment with him after the MRI results were in, and we discussed the results and what I could expect. It is basically a real arthritic mess causing the pain, but I can deal with that, now that I know what it is. He gave me a cortisone shot for the wrist, and that brought a great deal of relief. He did not push me to have surgery, as I had feared he would -- just said that the training I do and the work I have been doing on my wrist should keep things workable for me for now. He understood that I was more concerned about loss of function than about pain (I am good with pain), and that I really wanted to avoid surgery if at all possible. Basically, he took my individual situation onto account. The cortisone has helped a lot. I am no longer anxious, now that I know it is just more arthritis. And I will return to dr. Mohrmann for cortisone shots as needed and for any further problems with that hand. Also, the office is very well run -- easy to get an appointment, and very little wait time, either in the waiting room or in the exam room.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2019

Value

Dr. Mohrmann was recommended by a nearby convenient care site to provide further and a more in-depth assessment of a fairly complicated fracture in my hand and finger. He took his own x-rays (the ones taken previously didn't give him adequate visualization) and spent a great deal of time explaining to me the type of injury I had, as well as his recommended course of treatment. Once the fracture healed, he referred me to a great physical therapist and to date, I am 100% healed and best of all, have not experienced any lingering problems. He was thorough, efficient, and professional. Never once did I wait longer than 10 minutes to be seen and I always enjoyed his bedside manner. I have since referred several friends of mine to him with hand and elbow injuries and they have all had very positive experiences as well. 5 stars and kudos to a great doc!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2019

Value

I went to see dr. Mohrmann while I was pregnant because my foot bone got cracked and bruised. He was very thorough, helpful and treated me right away. I didn't have to wait. Office was very clean, and staff were very friendly and helpful. I got a boot for my foot. It healed nicely and fast. I was able to walk again within 3 weeks. Then, I delivered my baby. I also had this mommy wrist pain really bad 3 times! I went to see Dr. Mohrmann again & again in his new office. He treated me and the pain was gone within a day after. I can't thank him enough. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! THANK YOU so much.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2019

Value

I usually only write a review if there's a negative experience (it's bad! ...but we all do it) - Dr. Mohrmann is so patient with me! I'm a hypochondriac sometimes, but he totally made me feel comfortable and at ease and always had a smile on his face! I'm afraid of most doctors! When you go into his office though it is a combination of real patients whom and professional staff; but there are always one or two people who are in there that you can see obviously are there looking for a doctor to give them a script and are turned away.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2019

Value

I saw Dr. Mohrmann on a referral from a friend of a friend after I broke my right humerus. He was friendly, articulate, professional and really knew his stuff. The have x-rays there, and the technician was fast, but experienced, and working with him, got the exact shot he needed to give me a proper diagnosis. The office staff is friendly and efficient, in person and on the phone, and the office is clean. I've since seen him for a 2nd follow-up and had the same positive experience. I would definitely recommend Dr. Mohrmann (who I believe specializes is arms, among other things), and the entire Highline Orthopaedics practice.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2019

Value

Quite crazily- I recently hurt my index finger and was ignoring it for some time. After swelling and it looked quite misshapen, I finally saw Dr. M who said, "Lisa your finger is fractured" and showed me we here on the x-ray. We tried the path of least resistance first and it was put in a cast. And then I moved cross-country. I came home for a weekend and on that flight that finger got so swollen, I couldn't bear the cast. I reached out to Dr. M and he not only met me at his practice early the following morning- but the only window I had before leaving back for the west coast and all when he was not due in the office. I just had surgery to fix this injury and feel I am well on my way to being back to normal. Again, this is a doctor and surgeon I will highly recommend not only for his skill but his calming, professional & informative manner.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2019

Value

Dr. Mohrmann is a doctor and surgeon I will highly recommend not only for his skill but his calming, professional & informative manner. I have been seeing Dr. Mohrmann for a number of years for pain in both my thumb joints. By the end of last year, we decided I had reached the end of pain control in my left thumb joint and decided on surgery to reconstruct it. I felt no pressure at all to have the surgery at any point in prior visits. But I had reached the limit of ongoing pain and then the inability to do simple daily activities because of the pain. Dr. M always made me feel comfortable and informed of the full procedure including in my case a three-month cast which was key in the healing. Now 9 months later I am completely functional - back to where I was prior to the injury in terms of mobility & strength and no more pain that I had dealt with for years. I am thrilled with the result and will not hesitate to have the same surgery on my other thumb when and if it gets worse. And btw hardly a scar.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2019

Value

I made an appointment to see Dr. Mohrmann for my bone fracture. Waiting time was short like 10 mins. He spent a good amount of time to explain to me about my fracture and bruise. I got to do x-ray right away in his office. I also knew the result just right there without having to come back. Everything was very efficient and organized. The upper east side office is a clean and modern design. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2019

Value

I came in as a walk in for my shoulder pain but didn't have to wait too long. The experience was very pleasant and comprehensive. The x-ray was explained in detail as was the ultrasound showing my inflammation. Hardly felt the injection as the conversation kept me busy. My shoulder received good care and is free of pain now.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2019

Value

I've seen Dr. Mohrmann three times now for three different ailments (wrist, elbow, and shoulder). He was very friendly and always spent plenty of time with me explaining what the issue was and what my treatment should be. He has been spot-on every time. He was able to give me a cortisone shot right there on the spot, which was a life saver. They have an x-ray machine right in the office, which was also very convenient (to eliminate fracture in my case). His office staff is very nice, organized, and went the extra mile to help me figure out my insurance coverage. They even helped me find a great physical therapist near my office as part of one of my follow-up treatments. I never waited more than 10 minutes for my appointment. I would definitely recommend!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2019

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Latest Rating

Dr Echenique is very personable, knowledgeable and friendly. He is performing my second knee surgery in 4 years and he has answered all my questions and concerns. H... Read more