Hospital For Special Surgery

Hospital For Special Surgery

Hospital

Rate Hospital For Special Surgery

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Hospital For Special Surgery

Value

Dumped on the sidewalk after two days post surgery. No orderly. Hematoma on arm after poor technique drawing blood. Wrote to Director. No courtesy, no reply. Avoid this hospital. Go to another hospital. Third world Hospital.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2017 | flag

Value

Good nursing care - nurses did not seem stressed and did a top job with a smile.
They watched out for the patients. Doctor was tops too- Dr Mayman.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2017 | flag

Value

HSS was like being in a country club atmosphere, clean ,friendly and supurb nurses and doctors.

Submitted July 1, 2016 | flag

Value

I HAD A HIP REPLACEMENT AT HSS IN NY IN JANUARY, 2016 BY DR. THOMAS SCULCO. THERE IS DEFINITELY A SHORTAGE OF MEDICAL ASSISTANTS AND NURSES. I NEEDED SOMEONE TO TAKE ME TO THE BATHROOM BUT EVERYONE WAS TOO BUSY SO I WET MY PANTS. THE NURSE CALL BUTTON AND PHONE HAD BEEN DROPPED ON THE FLOOR AND THE WIRES CAME OUT OF BOTH SO THE CALL BUTTON AND PHONE WAS NOT SORKING. NO ONE CHECKED ON ME , SO NO ONE KNEW. WHAT IF I HAD A REAL MEDICAL CRISIS, AND THERE WAS NO WAY OF CALLING A NURSE. ALSO, I WANTED MY BED TO BE CLOSE TO THE BATHROOM BUT INSTEAD THEY GAVE ME A BED CLOSE TO THE WINDOW. GETTING IN AND OUT OF BED WAS A REAL INCONVENIENCE, I COULDN'T WAIT TO BE DISCHARGED AND GET HOME. ONCE I COMPLAINED , EVERYTHING WAS GOOD. FROM THAT POINT ON, THE MEDICAL ASSISTANT, ANNETTE, WAS THE BEST. I REALLY GREW TO LIKE HER. THE DISCHARGE NURSE, MARY MURPHY, WAS A LITTLE SLOW IN LETTING ME KNOW THAT I WAS BEING DISCHARGED THAT SATURDAY, TWO DAYS AFTER SURGERY. SHE SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME IN THE MORNING, SO I COULD MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO BE PICKED UP. IT'S EASY TO FALL THROUGH THE CRACKS, THE PATIENT HAS TO BE AWARE AND PAY ATTENTION. DON'T TOTALLY DEPEND ON HSS TO COVER YOUR BUTT.

Submitted April 8, 2016 | flag

Value

had knee replacement surgery and my daughter had foot surgery. Great with pain management for my knee. Drs. and nurses were great. I had great care.

Submitted March 15, 2016 | flag

Value

As a nurse for 41 years I was so impressed with the care and kindness through out every dept. professional pleasant and kind.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2016 | flag

Value

The WORST nursing staff... They are lazy and only come around when it is time to hand out medicine... I would NEVER recommend this hospital

Submitted Jan. 13, 2016 | flag

Value

Horrible. She only cares about records not the patient.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2015 | flag

Value

I was at the hospital last year for hip replacement I couldn't have had a better experience it was my first operation in the staff was great attentive took care of everything this year I had my shoulder replaced the staff was poor unattentive did not take care of us my roommate and I when we were told we had four blankets took almost 45 minutes to get blank food that we ordered was wrong we didn't get a shower or clean for the 5 days when we were there beware of weekend nurses the nurses at work during the week are very good and professional The Weeknd nurses don't care if they even show up my second experience at the hospital was a disaster I couldn't wait to get out

Submitted Aug. 27, 2015 | flag

Value

Worst nursing staff I have ever encountered. Was there for 5 days after an operation. I was on automatic pilot. I could not get anyone to even help me with basics like washing my fave or brushing my teeth. Doctor okayed a sgower. Nurses refused. Said they don't do showers. Very poor at helping to control pain. They just don't care.

Submitted June 13, 2015 | flag