St. Michael's Hospital

Hospital

Rate St. Michael's Hospital

Ratings for St. Michael's Hospital

Value

St mikes location on Sherbourne is a cesspool. This is a toxic environment, you can see it on the faces of the workers. A mismanaged centre, that doesn’t seem to know what their patients need. It smells, the last time I was there I had to leave because the stench was so bad.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Value

I used SMH for family medicine but it seems my doctor, Dr. Bogler, has abandoned her patients. Even before she went on leave she was never available. Her replacement was great but in the end I decided to find another family doctor.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

Value

I was treated with the upmost care and respect from all nurses and doctors. Everyone seemed to be in high spirits and had a great sense of humour:) I was, however, disappointed to see the hospital still uses styrofoam cups. With St. Michael’s being an innovative hospital, I would have thought they would progress with modern environmental initiatives. Overall, excellent place

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Value

I accompanied a relative here last week and was surprised by the rudeness of the staff at our reception and then later appalled at their callous treatment of a crying defenceless and mild mannered woman. While we were there this patient from out of town comes in with a cane to make an appointment and bursts into tears when she is told she was no longer a patient and needed another dr referral. The poor woman claims she had not only left messages, but even faxed requests to get her appointment rescheduled before the cut off. She was told that by the rude receptionist that they only read faxes from Drs. She asks for a manager and was told that yes she is a patient (apparently one for years) but it was over a yr since last appointment so she wasn't a patient that could make an appointment . ->I was confused and I don't have a neurological disease. My aunt only comes here every 18 months. The woman continues to spontaneously cry. I gave her a kleenex PAC while she waited by the elevator. No staff did anything to help her. She seemed so nice and exhausted and obviously has no advocate. My aunt confirmed that she always makes appointments right there because they never return calls. She was surprised by the 1yr cut off as her next appointment was another 18 months. If you go here; bring an advocate or voice for yourself. And kleenex.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

Value

MS Clinic do not return calls nor do they care about you as a patient. No oncall neuro while they enjoy there vacation. Very unorganized and they have no empathy for patients. Impossible for other medical staff to be able to speak directly with your neurologist.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Value

MS Clinic is poorly run, unorganized lacking empathy for patients adding stress in dealings with management of their chronic condition exacerbated by stresd.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Value

The Emergency staff at this facility leave a lot to be desired.I’ve had two bad experiences with staff here.The first time I asked the nurse to help me get a taxi she snapped at me.The second time I had gone to Emergencyat the suggestion of some medical phone service as I had severe diarrhea and my stomach was so upset I couldn’t even drink water.My medication was low in my system .This was due to two factors.On the Fri.I had some alcohol and my medication is not to be taken with alcohol.The next day I hadn’t taken it because my stomach was too upset to drink water.Yst he proceeded. to tell me how to,take my medication.I was taking it as per Directions. She then told me to go and pick up some gravol and some consume.I asked how Iwas to do this due to the diarrhea.She then gave me a diaper which I didn’t appreciate.She didn’t tell me it would be cleared up by morning!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

Value

They did my coronary bypass surgery there. I got one of the best surgeons in the country (Dr. Verma) and had compassionate and excellent post-op care. Terrific hospital for care. There's a lot of construction going on right now as they expand to serve growing needs, and that affects the facilities a bit in terms of trying to navigate around the hospital. But, excellent care and my outcome after surgery has been terrific.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Value

In a nutshell , the medical staff really care about their patients care...

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

Value

I've had, altogether, 13 surgeries... all but 2 on my left hip. Although my body has not been cooperative, I cannot say the same for the level of care at SMH. They've had ample opportunity to mess things up. But noooo...they have to go and give me excellent care each and every time. How can one expect to for a legitimate complaint with THIS kind of care?! All kidding aside, Drs. Hall, Schemitch, Waddell, and now Atrey are all #1 in my book. The ball is now in Dr. Atrey's very capable hands with a very complicated (lucky!)13th left hip revision. It's a true testament to the level of excellent care and professionalism that I did NOT hesitate for a moment when asked if I wanted to go ahead with this tricky procedure. Everything has been thoroughly explained to me...including the risks, chances of success/infection...but I have tremendous faith in these folks. Let's get me walking again! Cheers SMH!!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Latest Rating

I have had 2 ooerations with Dr Elahi and would say that i am blessed to have such a gifted and graceful surgeon work on me. He has soft hands and is a master surge... Read more

Dr. Michael Cusimano

Dr. Michael Cusimano

Latest Rating

Brilliant man and wonderful staff!!! He's the go to doctor for any brain surgery.

Dr. John Lee

Dr. John Lee

Latest Rating

Dr. Lee is a kind and expert doctor. He's the best physician I've met, and I am very grateful for having been in his care.

Dr. Jason Young Lee

Dr. Jason Young Lee

Latest Rating

Dr. Lee has been caring for my chronic kidney for over a year now. He is professional, extremely knowledgeable and understanding. He explains what needs to be done... Read more

Dr. Mark Peterson

Dr. Mark Peterson

Latest Rating

Saved my life. Great personality and bedside manner

Dr. Tony Barozzino

Dr. Tony Barozzino

Latest Rating

Dr. B is the best there is. Saved our girl for sure.

Dr. Ralph George

Dr. Ralph George

Latest Rating

Excellent doc with great people skill.A real gem!!

Dr. Henry Ahn

Dr. Henry Ahn

Latest Rating

Words are hardly enough for me to express the gratitude I have for this wonderful man who has given me back my ability to live independently. Dr. Ahn, with his ass... Read more

Dr. Michael McKee

Dr. Michael McKee

Latest Rating

If you’re looking for a perfeccional Dr MCKEE is the one it has been now 16 months after my shoulder surgery and it’s with great pleasure that I say my shoulder is b... Read more

Dr. Jeremy Hall

Dr. Jeremy Hall

Latest Rating

I would recommend Dr. Hall who did an excellent job on my knee!