St. Michael's Hospital

St. Michael's Hospital

Hospital

Rate St. Michael's Hospital

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for St. Michael's Hospital

Value

I went to St Mikes, diagnosed anaemic ,given blood and iron transfusions, and colonoscopy appt. 4 days prior I went to Albion Clinuc where the Dr said 'just the 'flu'! I had no symptoms of 'flu! I was falling down weak, age 75. Sent home!
Refused to check my blood. At St Mikes ; days later hg was 62, I had lost 1/2 my blood. I have never been treated with such kindness and efficiency,, also follow up appt.
St. Mikes? Truly the best.

Submitted May 13, 2017 | flag

Value

I had all my four children in St. Michael's Hospital many, many years ago,{42 - 32 years}. But I still have fun memories about my experience. I love all the staff, the doctors and nurses. They were caring, kind and compassionate.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2017 | flag

Value

Thus hospitals refuses to treat people because they say they are treating trauma patients . However what happens is that their neglects makes you become the trauma patient.

Submitted Feb. 5, 2017 | flag

Value

Avoid the inpatient mental health unit whenever possible. The majority of nursing staff there stigmatize and judge the patients as much as the rest of the world. They treat people with psychological distress pleading for help as badly behaving children, not as needing skillful treatment and compassion. All they do is bring meds. One strong (non-violent) expression of disagreement and the 'rent-a-cop' security (who are literally dressed exactly as Toronto Police Officers in order to intimidate) are called to help bully the patient into submission. Nothing else. Group treatment is gone, there is no quiet area, a piano can be plunked on at all hours, showers are cold...the place is crazy-making.

Submitted Jan. 29, 2017 | flag

Value

The first time in my life I needed surgery, it was St Michaels Hospital where it happened to be. I'm so grateful for the kind Drs, nurses and support staff. The way they treated me with the respect and dignity I could not be more thankful.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2017 | flag

Value

RateMDs is BS logbook bulletin board, don't trust any of it, I'm pleased from SMU hospital & the excellent staff - anyone can post on RateMDs -American BS company,?without ANY ID or login if you pay $500 CDN (350$ US) You have the option to delete negative reviews or hide them.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2017 | flag

Value

I recently had a cardiac surgery at this hospital. The surgeon Dr. Verma and his team were excellent. Dr. Verma is very accomplished, very kind and personable. The nurses and staff were very prompt and caring. This was my first surgery and first stay in a hospital and it could not have been better. Thank you to the staff at St. Mike's.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2017 | flag

Value

I ❤️The hospital staff! They are all fabulous! I had the most amazing Dr Das operating on my back

Submitted Jan. 3, 2017 | flag

Value

terrible services. bad value.terrible services. bad facilities.

Submitted Dec. 26, 2016 | flag

Value

The hospital needs general overall improvement to the physical infrastructure (which I am aware has started and is to be commended). The poorest part of the service of the hospital is human resources without which the hospital is just a building. Efficiency, staff morale, rapport with patients and visitors by hospital staff needs a double dose of a combination of steroids and morphine in order for the hospital to start serving the public effectively and efficiently. I have been to the ER department on 3 separate occasions and each time I am left to feel like I am either in an episode of the Twilight Zone or the department is a combination of a mental health hospital and a shelter for homeless people. That scenario can be quite daunting and overwhelming for a person who do not want to have to deal with such matters in a confine, and often times crowded space.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2016 | flag