St. Michael's Hospital

St. Michael's Hospital

Hospital

Rate St. Michael's Hospital

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for St. Michael's Hospital

Value

They are VERY abusive. I, a women in late 50's was jumped by5 male security guards in the emergency department. I'm clostrophobic and they druged me and tied me up in a small windowless room with door closed. More than once.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2015 | flag

Value

My kids were born at this hospital and i was very happy with the professionalism of the staff at the maternity department. Unfortunately its not very clean.

Submitted Feb. 9, 2015 | flag

Value

I'm a bit torn on how to review this hospital. Some of the staff and specialists are genuinely good at what they do, but there are some instances where I wonder how some managed to get into the health care profession. Long wait times, and often seen in a rushed manner (and sometimes treated very dismissively). At one point, I witnessed some inappropriate behavior in the x-ray department where two staff (technologists), were talking about another guy calling him a (derogatory term).
As for the facilities, they are quite worn down, and often not very tidy. I stayed overnight last winter, and ended up in a room that had a broken window, patched with duct tape, and everything in the room had a layer of dust. I was freezing, even with an extra blanket, and it made me wonder what other germs were lurking, considering the state of the room.
I'm giving it 3 stars in general, but only because I can't dismiss those doctors and nurses that are actually good at their jobs.

Submitted Jan. 28, 2015 | flag

Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

Value

Great hospital. Staff is wonderful but cleanliness is an issue.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2014 | flag

Value

This is the most amazing hospital i had surgery for hydrocephalis and a shunt surgery was preformed by dr julain spears hes an amazing nerosurgeon and his medical team was amazing as well very caring surgeon great bed side manor his med team are a munch of really caring medical drs i would highly recommend dr julian spears to everyone and anyone thank u so much dr spears for helping me feel better truly an amazing caring dr.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2014 | flag

Value

thank-you St. Mike's for my breast cancer care and reconstructive surgery. Without you and my family, this couldn't have been done.

Submitted Oct. 21, 2014 | flag

Value

My daughter was seen in the FASD Clinic. The staff were so kind and knowledgable. Brenda the Nurse Practitioner was so skilled and caring. The staff at the desk were fast and polite. Bernadette the nurse found a room for us to meet. We received service that made us feel important.

Submitted Sept. 11, 2014 | flag

Value

I had emergency heart surgery a couple of years ago and St Mikes saved my life and for that I am grateful.. I stayed for a couple of weeks and loved most of the staff and nurses. I found this hospital extremely clean and effecient with their daily regime. I did encounter a couple of nurses that were not very nice.. but it did not deter my opinion of St Mike's. the ICU was amazing so my family tells me... I was induced =)

Submitted June 15, 2014 | flag

Value

I have found this to be an excellent hospital. I have taken my elderly mother several times there in the past year. The staff including doctors right down to the cleaning staff are all very friendly, helpful, and supportive. I also work in a hospital in the Toronto area, but I must say this this hospital and their service puts the place where I work to shame.

Submitted June 15, 2014 | flag