St. Michael's Hospital

St. Michael's Hospital

Hospital

Rate St. Michael's Hospital

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for St. Michael's Hospital

Value

I went to an appointment with an incompetent, rude and arrogant young gynecologist at St Michsel s hospitsl. She didn t listen to I told her about my medical history and she was very disrespectful with my immonologist, a well known profesor at U if T.

Submitted Aug. 24, 2016 | flag

Value

As many others have noted, at this teaching hospital there is a mix of awesome to good bad and arrogant specialist. The latter likely have an audi, by way of observation over decades.
Overall, my experiences here have been amazing, from emergency to being in isolation. Food is surprisingly good seriously healthy, once the menu can be accessed. Staff overall are great, even most of the specialists ( non audi driving ones, perhaps, haha)
The building itself is scary old, and some areas look like total germ pits. I sure hope they get their reno completed soon, emergency runs well, but new facilities will help both cleanliness and staff morale further. These people are seriously overworked, so I get that some may not be as compassionate as one would hope for.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2016 | flag

Value

This Hospital is a Joke. While some of the doctors and staff are great. Most are morons, I recently was in Emerg with a foot ulcer. The first doctor I saw gave me a bag of antibiotics and sent me home to return in the Morning for another dose. The doctor that saw me in the Morning was awesome I do not have enough nice things to say about her. She was appalled I was sent home the night before without seeing sugery or any home care plans started. I was admitted as I had suspected I would be. I have a medical background. I am repeated in Emerg for issues related to my 20 or so illnesses. while its a teaching hospital and that is greatly needed for our new doctors to learn and gain experience often times they are left unsupervised and asking to speak to a higher doctor or for a second opinion is not something that is easily done. Doctors do not listen to their patients close enough and most treat you like you are stupid. while Dr. Chen, Madroni, Macarski, Abramson and many others there are fantastic most doctors there are not. I do not recommend this hospital unless you know the doctor you are going to see there is good

Submitted Aug. 5, 2016 | flag

Value

Hospital is old and going through renovations and an addition is being added. This is an inner city hospital with a high population of homeless in the area which creates problems with panhandling which is a problem for those not used to it. I have had good experiences with doctors and bad ones as well which is par for the course in any hospital. If you can look past the condition of the property, this is a decent facility for care, but has a long way to go before I could say it is extraordinary.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2016 | flag

Value

Every one is very pleasant, kind, understanding and helpful. Especially the breast clinic and head of the department and head of surgery Dr. George are priceless. Thank you all

Submitted June 15, 2016 | flag

Value

So wasted 12 2 hour trips to Toronto and if you have foot and ankle problems your screwed!!!😢 after falling off a ladder six years ago 3 attempted repairs at my local hosp. even with a 'specialist' got referred to Andie at Western who got me to timmy here after six visits to him he says bye bye can't help U... terrific... now what... family dr ???guess its time for head between my legs and kiss it bye bye

Submitted May 19, 2016 | flag

Value

Complete waste of time at ER. After four hours of waiting to see a doctor my boyfriend and I just left. It wasn't even a busy night, the stuff had no sense of urgency and the doctor "was coming for 2 hours" and never made it - at 2 am we decided to just go home.

Submitted May 6, 2016

Value

St. Michael's Hospital cares for everybody.
It is the heart and soul of health care for Toronto and all surrounding areas.
Thank you for saving my life November 26 2006
Anne Marie Gariepy

Submitted April 23, 2016 | flag

Great Hospital.. excellent Dr's and staff .. very friendly and knowledgeable

Submitted April 18, 2016 | flag

Value

AVOID, the staff are terrible, rude and apathetic. The facilities are like a drunk take in the waiting room on weekends, you could literally trip over cops and those in handcuffs on the way to the waiting room. Terrible, terrible, terrible unpleasant staff.

Submitted March 29, 2016 | flag