St. Michael's Hospital

Hospital
5 1 3.34558823529 34

Rate St. Michael's Hospital

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for St. Michael's Hospital

Value

I have been attending since I was 17 and in 2005 they saved my life after a Dr from Mt Sian refused treatment and after the Victoria Hospital in Brampton claimed that the same DR at Mt Sian told him that there was nothing wrong with me. Well St Mikes Hospital came to the rescue and they did do a scan and found that I was bleeding out in both lungs and had I not come to St Mikes I would not have made it through the night.---I am extending Shame to Mt Sian and Victoria Hospital for there gross Negligence. I will point out that the emergency room head is taking too much liberty in making slanderous comment. The ongoing construction at the Hospital has been going on too long and they need seriously need to "Get it done".

Submitted July 30, 2015 | flag

Value

Not a very good experience. The test results from my blood work have been missed. My family doctor, who also works at St. Michael hospital never received. I left numerous messages with the Patient relation department, but no one ever returned my phone call. There should be no accident of losing patients testing results in the hospital environment. I completely lost my trust.
A few weeks later I had my PAP test done, but there was not enough specimen taken during the test, that the results were invalid. I received a notice about the follow-up appointment, but no explanation provided why I need a follow-up appointment.

Submitted July 15, 2015 | flag

Value

Worked in the TNICU - great experience. Witnessed a drunk nurse come in on day shift and have an IV put in him by another nurse so he could recover in time to actually start working. Got my lady parts felt up twice inappropriately by another (not-straight) male staff. Heard a group of night RN's talking about a patient's family in a racially offensive way right in the nursing station. Excellent place to have worked - NOT.

Submitted July 4, 2015 | flag

Value

This is on behalf of my brother who had surgery for a blocked artery in his leg. The surgeon was raised to full professor at U of T soon after the surgery 2 years ago. However my brother did not see the surgeon again until 6 months later at a follow -up appointment, when the surgeon apologized "Sorry about your leg". Why was he sorry? Whowever the doctor left to sew the incision, barely completed the job. In fact they did not, which left considerable work for the nurses who did the daily home visits. On a couple of occasions weeks later when my brother tried to go out, he would discover (as would other people who saw him) his pant leg was soaked,
because the incision site was leaking so much. The only help he was able to get was from those brave nurses who obviously do not know what they will find when they go to see a patient. However, the hospital now calls him constantly demanding the documentation left behind every day by those nurses.

Submitted June 28, 2015 | flag

Value

I had a terrible experience a few days ago in the immunology dept. While I had to wait almost 4 months to see a reputable Dr., I in turn was given to first see a Dr. in training who seemed somewhat unsure + was not very good. After he r write up whereby she only allowed for specific answers from me to be noted omitting other info which I attempted to share that were relevant to immunological issues ( I was an informed patient who had previous contacts/appointments with Immune Drs., the next Dr who came to see me was abusive, disrespectable, and arrogant with large ego. She looked like she just graduated from Med School who seemed to place more emphasis on her presentation of fashion than on patient care. She was cold, condescending and mechanical. She started by telling me what Dr I had seen and did not ask me any health questions related to referral/reason another Dr within same Hospital sent me for (Respirollogy), and the fact that prev Immunological Dr saw me several years ago related to possible immune problems. She exhibited uninformed knowledge regarding my health records and did absolutely NO medical inquiry nor showed interest as to why I was there for the appointment. She sounded like a broken record reiterating names is some Dr. I saw at St. Michael Hospital and told me that there was nothing for them to do despite my protest of my many health symptoms + some previous Medical abnormal test results. She told me there were " no indicatiob' which when I asked her the meaning of such word she never clarified to me. She asked finally after her persistent+ what appeared as "ego" based unfounded attack on my stance that something was wrong/off with my immune system due to symptoms, prev diagnosis, SHE finally asked me after 20 minutes what I thought was my health problem. After I told her that given immunity is in large related to ones Gut, and I have had diagnosis of IBS, Castro problems that included a portion of my illium enlarged + thickened (as per CAT scan), I beloved that with a prev parasite infection in my gut has impacted my immunity . I had informed her of my pan allergic testing results, hives, recurrent shingles and infections, diagnosis of chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromalagia etc. Despite all medical evidence and my shared symptoms + that a Dr. From the same Hospital she worked in is St Michael Hospital had referred me to Immunology, she played no attention to relevant data + info but again proceeded to rhyme off Dr I had seen ( some over 15 yes ago) to tell me I do not need any medical attention from the Immunology . I never did get to see the Senior Dr who I was scheduled to have appointment with and was left in the office by her not having my health attended to. I told her as she left she was a bad Dr. Why was I referred by another Dr. to experience such unprofessional medically uncaring , not to mention abusive /derogatory Dr. who appeared more interested in her presentation of fashion + ego than medicine for which she took the Hepocratic aOath for. I am still in pain, feeling terrible health wise + will again spend months to see a Dr. Is this what our Medical System and new younger Dr have come to?. A gutter low!. I am 61 years old and hate to think what my Golden years will be as I age further given this atrocious Medical System I experienced at St Michael Hospital in Toronto at the Immunological Dept.

Submitted June 16, 2015 | flag

Value

I had surgery at St. Mikes and it went really well. It was perfect. The young student doctors were all very friendly in prepping me for surgery. It is run like a well oiled machine.

Submitted June 10, 2015 | flag

Value

While my doctor is ok, the admin staff is incompetent. Almost every referral my doctor has made has been messed up by the admin staff (not making referral, losing electronic records (the same record twice!), not notifying of referral appointment (so I missed it), not making the proper referral (failed to request a consultation with appt, now have to wait an extra 2 months to get appt with consultation), and this week, failure to reply to email request of copies of most recent, and crucial, blood and urine tests. Surely it can't be intentional incompetence, I keep telling myself.

Submitted June 9, 2015 | flag

Value

I had my daughter at this hospital a week ago. The Doctors and nurses couldn't have been more helpful. Being a first time parent, I was tensed and apprehensive, but the nurses and doctors were very comforting and made me feel relaxed as I got the feeling, I was in the right hands.

Submitted June 2, 2015 | flag

Value

Horrible. I went to the ear, nose and throat specialist and any treatment for me was dismissed immediately. The specialist and his assistant practically laughed in my face that I had set up an appointment with them (which was referred by my doctor). Very unprofessional and extremely long wait time for a slow, weekday afternoon.

Submitted May 12, 2015 | flag

Value

the cancer clinic is amasing all the doctors and nurses and secutarys r out standing i had breast cancer i never was treated so well

Submitted April 21, 2015 | flag