Mount Sinai Hospital

Mount Sinai Hospital

Hospital

Rate Mount Sinai Hospital

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Mount Sinai Hospital

Value

No one wants a heart attack but the care & follow up at Mt Sinai was 1st class, I was in safe hands at the worst time. Thank you

Submitted March 22, 2017 | flag

Value

I checked in to Mount Sinai October 13 to the 18th. I was there for surgery to remove a tumour found in my colon. I can tell you that all staff during the hospital were professional, courteous and helpful. The staff in Emergency tended to me quickly by taking my vitals and putting me on a gurney while waiting in the Waiting Room area. The nurses on the 11th floor as well as the 14th were wonderful. I am afraid of needles and needed several injections a day. I hardly felt the needles. They diligently attended to my IV. The work of a nurse is not easy and they deserve praise and thanks for what they do.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2016 | flag

Value

A little run down but you are fed well. The showers a little small too but the water works.

Submitted Sept. 25, 2016 | flag

Value

I was dumped in a n extremely busy recovery room for many hours after surgery. Although the nurses where very kind. I was unable to recover in such an environment.

Submitted Sept. 11, 2016 | flag

Value

Wrote to the CEO at this hospital about the conduct of their staff in the dental unit and my letter was just handed down to Human Resources that did nothing but send out a useless reply. Now that this website I see has a couple complaints about their head of this unit being so physically and verbally abusive towards the disabled adult that have had to go to this place, they were phoning me asking if we were coming back ~ Not bad since we had been there 3 years ago and they just noticed in their files we had not returned!!! Slow, awful, not client/ patient orientated and disrespectful towards any one who is disabled ~ that is the head dentist running this unit (DR. Micheal Siegal) ~ Been a nurse and took our disabled son there. Rude and abrupt is the first impressions. Facility is cold both physically and attitude wise.
Not a returning customer that is for sure. Found a lovely private practice in Scarborough that handles deep sleep dentistry and accepts the ODSP as well and better still they are fantastic at this private practice ~ like night and day compared to Mt. Sinai hospital ~ just an all round awful place. Quickly, I also went to see an endocrinologist there who miss diagnosed me by miles. Happily i disagreed and went elsewhere and got better results elsewhere.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2016 | flag

Value

I've had to go to the ER about eight times over five years and mostly the visits have been handled professionally and they've respected my history (chronic medical condition with a list of meds). They seem to have decreased wait times but when they're really busy, privacy suffers.
There's a small waiting area in the department, just in from the main waiting room and next to x-ray, and they'll often treat you there vs giving you a room or curtained area. This is fine to a degree, such as having a nurse confirm you need a diagnostic test and you need to wait for that. Of course the bonus is that you stay in that chair but sometimes you have to move again when the doctor wants to examine you and you need to be on a bed.
But medical staff need to be mindful of what they're discussing and where. I don't expect to have a private room in the ED but my privacy shouldn't suffer because the department's busy. SOME staff ask if you mind but, more often, they dont.
Other than that, most staff have been friendly and helpful. The hospital itself, from what I've seen on the first floor, is clean. So, overall, I'd give it two thumbs up.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2016 | flag

Value

My daughter's experience with this hospital has been horrible. She's been on the IBD floor for several weeks now.
There have been nothing but problems. Nursing staff are unable to do simple duties, like changing
an I.V or taping a leaking would vac. Even giving a blood thine needle, my daughter had to tell her how to administer. She also had to tell them she had a U.T.I and to test her. 3 days later, it still wasn't tested. She demanded that they do it. And had to tell them to give her antibiotics.
She takes care of a lot of her own needs, including asking for meds and taking her own.
She had been missed for many meals, which really isn't a great loss, as the food is horrible and lots of times uneatable.
She had been put into quarantine, and moved to a room that hadn't been cleaned and still had urine on the toilet.
I'm very concerned of what more is going to happen or what more she'll contract while in this hospital.

Submitted June 5, 2016 | flag

Value

Was referred by my ob because of some complications. My first visit was amazing, met doctor Czikk and then joined the high risk clinic. The staff and doctors there were also amazing especially doctor Whittle & Czikk. Then I was admitted to the hospital where I was expected to say until I am 28 weeks or if baby is born before then. My time there was good until they have a new program which is to introduce a hotel for certain patients on the 17th floor. The fellow Dr. Vitner came and briefly introduced the program and asked if I was interested, which I said yes and someone else was to come give me more information as I had questions, to my surprise the next day they were going to move me without anyone given me more information. My husband was upset as the whole 17th floor was empty and I will be the only one there without any one to assist if needed so he refused until they have at least one more patient there. Then because we refused the floor manager came to give me more information as they think we don't understand and as I was asking questions, in her aggressive tone of voice said "if you are thinking of the free food here that's why you don't want to move, think about the people who needs it more than you" that made me cry as I don't depend on the hospital food, my husband comes every morning at 5am before he goes to work to bring my breakfast then his mom would come to bring lunch and dinner. I was advised not to say anything as they will treat me badly. Dr. Czikk was on vacation and when she returned she mentioned not to worry about the move yet and explained my health status more and I was in the same short stay room for almost 3 weeks, which I had to share the toilet with four patients and sometimes relatives, sometimes I have to go search for a vacant wash room in the hallway and share the bathroom with all other patients relatives. This was extremely hard especially in the nights and I have to clean it before I can use it. Dr. Czikk said she will talk to the floor manager to move me, to my surprise again Dr. Vitner came the next day to tell me you have one of the most beautiful room here and didn't address the real issue, I ignored her as I was scared my time here will be miserable. Then she came the very next day to tell me that " i want to let you know that our plan is to send you home at 28 weeks and you
need to walk as when you go no one will bring you food as here." That was again very disrespectful coming from a doctor who looks like she didn't read my medical history fully and again I cried as I don't depend on the hospital food. I met patients who never worked in this country and has no insurance and they were given a semi-private room without having to pay and I on the other hand who have insurance and worked all life paying my taxes to pay their salary being treated like a dog and can't have even a proper room.

Submitted May 26, 2016 | flag

Value

Had to go to the emergency due to some complications with pregnancy, triage+registration +blood work+assessment and conversations +ultrasound -all done in 3 hours, plus got a refferal to visit early pregnancy clinic with appointment in few days (right after the weekends). Amazing, people are wonderful, promt service and procedures.

Submitted April 22, 2016 | flag

Value

The many doctors I have seen havmnep all been fantastic! The newly renovated birthing wing ìs really nice!

Submitted April 20, 2016 | flag