Markham Stoufville

Hospital

Rate Markham Stoufville

Ratings for Markham Stoufville

Value

My wife ( 77 years old with a broken arm ) and me attended MSH Emergency Dept 7.00 pm Monday evening. Small sign said " Line up here and a triage nurse will see you shortly " So we lined up in a hallway for 1hr and 25 mins.! just to see a triage nurse. There are only two triage stations and the line up was at least 40 yards. Behind us was a middle aged man and woman . Woman was curled up in a wheelchair and in obvious distress. Man spoke to a nurse and enquired length of wait. Nurse estimated 1 .1/2 hours. Man asked nursed if there was somewhere his wife could lie down while waiting. Was curtly told there were no beds and she would just have to wait in wheelchair. Oh yes after triage another one and a half hours to see Dr. Understand Ontario taxpayers pay MSH CEO over $410.000. THINK WE ARE BEING STIFFED.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2019

Value

Went into emergency ward, confused and not speaking. Was asked to go into washroom for urine test with NO help, fell, hit my shoulder and back of head on cement floor. Had to stay there for 5 weeks and then to Rehab hospital on University where I stayed for 5 weeks also. Was a big waste of time all around and found out down the line, they put I had a stroke - what? - I did not have a stroke, My license got immediately taken away and took 1 1/2 years to get back. In rehab did useless tests and excercise that did nothing for me. Markham Stoufville put down stroke to cover their butt! and put my through l0 wekks of hospitals and 1 1/2 years of rehab for nothing. They don't care to assist people for washroom duties, or anything else, nurses just don't care anymore.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

Value

My mother got MRSA at this hospital. A couple of years later, she acquired c. difficile there, and died. Yet a couple of years later, I heard a PR flak saying they'd never had a death from c. difficile. I would never, ever allow anyone I care about to be admitted there.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Value

Virtually zero communication between Nurses; Doctors; Staff; Porters; Accounting. Some brilliant doctors there but they are working in an information vacuum. 'Sister' hospital in Uxbridge, made even worse- they don't even communicate with each other.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Value

Family member in for five weeks prior to death. Neglected most of time - calls for assistance slow to be answered, if at all. Housekeeping of room abysmal. No help at mealtime.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Value

Anyone know of a worst hospital than this one in Canada?

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Doctors at Markham Stoufville

Dr. Matthew Cohen

Dr. Matthew Cohen

Latest Rating

I was referred to Dr. Cohen by my family doctor for my second pregnancy. The initial reaction was that he is very young - my last OB retired, Dr. Hall, so at first ... Read more

Dr. Taylor Lougheed

Dr. Taylor Lougheed

Latest Rating

Takes the time to explain what is going on even when everything is so busy in the ER. Was patient with me and my family with our questions when we were stressed. I f... Read more