QEII Health Sciences Centre

Hospital

Rate QEII Health Sciences Centre

Ratings for QEII Health Sciences Centre

Value

These are the days of inclusion in Canada. .......apart from young women in the emerg dept where obnoxious drs feel that all young people are in emerg for drugs. My daughter had severe eczema and the attending dr was negligent and uncaring. No prescription or advice just go away and no coming here for drugs. All she needed was cortisone cream!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Value

Was treated as if I had a mental illness after the harm that occured from misdiagnosis in the system. Easy to pull off I guess considering the state I was left in. Oh and they conceal flagged test results too and claim they are normal. You cannot imagine the condition I was left in and survived but not thanks to this place.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

Value

We are fortuneate to have an amazing world class hospital in Halifax. The comments before me complain about trivial things like clerks chewing gum...? My life was saved at zero cost to me through the extensive medical equipment and amazing staff. Some people had bad days...just like everyday life.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Value

I am 38yrs old and unable to work for a year and unable to take care of my children. I have issues with my cervical spine causing ongoing pain 24/7 and numbness in my limbs. I am unable to do anything and when I call Dr Mcneelys office (halifax) the receptionist is not very nice and I have not been given an appointment. My life is in turmoil with pain and I don't know how much longer I can do this. I just want help!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Value

WTF some employee said that I refused treatment after I waited 8.5 frickin hours to be seen and then asked me if I wanted to be put back in the system. Why would I wait if I refused treatment! Someone in emergency didn't want to do their job so they said I refused treatment. I hope karma gets them.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Value

Noise is extreme. Shared room with a woman who's family were coughing, in all night and day, using cell phones, tromping through. Nurses were mostly poor listeners and one even dose me the pills belonging to my room mate. Night sitters when male were idiots, playing noisy lap top games, buzzing nurses instead of getting a glass of water themselves when asked. Not a job for young men, but the young women excellent. One doctor on call so arrogant and blabby you wanted to push her out a window. Thought the world of herself and actually said to me that I should not bite the hand that feeds me, when she is the one being fed if bank account examined, by this farce. She confuse 'poor' with 'stupid' and should be fired. Some of the student nurses were excellent, but the older ones just want to be retired and the sooner, the better. One of them slammed a blood tap into my forearm muscles that took eight weeks to recover. It was never used. Those things are never used. I felt like I was in a very dark comedy. Outside the hospital is a community garden that was in full bloom of every vegetable, yet inside the hospital, food of no nutritional value, never a fresh fruit or veg, sickeningly bad food. No logic.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Value

Not only we're some of the nurses rude , the other staff was even worse ! I feel so bad for the people that have to stay here for any extent of time , I wish you all the best .

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Value

The person running this filthy hospital should be held accountable for all the harm and deaths resulting from blatant incompetence of this unethical place the government calls a hospital. Uncaring staff; money hungry incompetent 'doctors' prevail.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Value

I really don't think anyone reads these comments however I just want to say that I was unimpressed by the clerk who registered me for a Diagnostic exam was chewing gum the entire time she was taking my information. As I used to be a supervisor there this would never happened in my time.....also the bathroom needs a lot of attention.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Value

In June an ER doctor made recommendations to have an ECHO for the ongoing chest pain and cardiac damage for a patient, as well as, a respirology referral due to the ongoing collapsing of a patient's lungs. Although the ER doctor was specific in that Dr. Chiasson was not to have and/or interfere with the recommendations to help this patient, as Dr. Chiasson was under investigation for many illegal acts which were reported, some of the illegal acts had been reported by this particular patient. (Note: the corrupted Dr. Chiasson was writing falsified reports, abusing patients, denying appropriate health care, covering up alleged negligence, covering up and threatening females who had been illegally given versed overdoses and suffered ongoing medical harm as a result; AND was under active investigations where she was given specific warnings by investigators to stay away from patients who had made complaints against her while the investigations were ongoing) However, Dr. Chiasson does not comply to any rules, regulations, warnings, ethics, and/or laws. Dr. Chiasson, for example, still interferred numerous times with the patient getting the needed urgent health care she required, as per the ER Doctor in June. Regardless of the many warnings, to Dr. Chiasson, by the investigators, to stop interfering and causing further harm to patients while she was under investigation, she refused to stop. Dr. Hernandez, Head of the Respiratory Department and Chiasson's boss, is well aware of the ongoing damage, harm to the patient; complaints against Chiasson and ongoing formal investigations, regarding patients being denied health care, the abuses patients have endured as a result; BUT, he continues to protect and allow Dr. Chiasson to interfere and cause the patients further harm. He is promoting this alleged negligence and other illegal acts of his staff rather than stopping it. One patient has been given a fatal prognosis as a result of Dr. Chiasson and Dr. Drost (also works in association with the Respiratory Dept at the Infirmary). To date, Dr. Chiasson continues to practice her 'Art of Incompetent Abuses against Patients' with the help of her colleages, bosses and the Hospital who employs such deviants. This hospital, Head of Respiratory Department, and many doctors, knew about this for a year. What a disgrace of a hospital and a health care system we have in NS. It is corrupted to the very core and more will die as a result. . These doctors are knowingly permitted to cause severe harm and death to patients while those who run the hospital are promoting the illegal acts and cover ups so there is no accountability. This is the most dangerous health care system a patient could ever be exposed to and some don't even know the corrupted dangerous mess they just walked into, while expecting to get ethical medical care by competent doctors.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Doctors at QEII Health Sciences Centre

Dr. Ivan Wong

Dr. Ivan Wong

Latest Rating

I just had a hip impingement surgery with and can’t help but give a full five stars he and his staff are awesome

Dr. Daniel Rayson

Dr. Daniel Rayson

Latest Rating

The best word for describing Dr. Rayson is an ANGEL. I do not think there is any doctor in the world who could be compared to doctor Rayson in terms of his care, kin... Read more

Dr. David Clarke

Dr. David Clarke

Latest Rating

brilliant doctor with an awesome bedside manner , explains everything very clearly and answers all your questions. A truly caring person.

Dr. Camille Hancock-Friesen

Dr. Camille Hancock-Friesen

Latest Rating

Dr. Hancock-Friesen is the most genuine, selfless, amazing person I have ever met. As we sat in a small waiting room waiting to hear that our 5 month old son was thr... Read more

Dr. J. David Amirault

Dr. J. David Amirault

Latest Rating

I broke my ankle last April and it feels as if I've never broken it. It healed very quickly, and thanks to him deciding to put me in a walking cast instead of a plas... Read more

Dr. Ivar Mendez

Dr. Ivar Mendez

Latest Rating

Dr. Mendez did my brain tumor surgery and was able to remove 80% which is so much more than expected. He was kind, and answered any questions we had at any time. He ... Read more

Dr. Michael Love

Dr. Michael Love

Latest Rating

Took the time to explain himself thoroughly..... you feel like you’re in good hands with him....... excellent doctor!!! Thank you Dr Love!!

Dr. Lucy Helyer

Dr. Lucy Helyer

Latest Rating

Doctor did not order BARF test on my tumor. Pathologist report even stated BARF test please. Maybe she is overworked but she isn’t paying attention to details.

Dr. Ratika Parkash

Dr. Ratika Parkash

Latest Rating

Beautiful is all I have to say.Again beautiful is all I have to say.

Dr. Michael Biddulph

Dr. Michael Biddulph

Latest Rating

Amazing doctor! I was diagnosed with a very rare form of sarcoma and my family doc referred me to Dr. Biddulph. I'm so happy that I went to him. He was punctual, k... Read more