QEII Health Sciences Centre

Hospital

Rate QEII Health Sciences Centre

Ratings for QEII Health Sciences Centre

Value

I am a senior and I tripped and fell down a slight incline on gravel landing with my full body on my left temple. I was knocked unconscious until paramedics arrived on the scene. I was then alert and transported to the QE2 Emergency with a deep hole in my eyebrow and my temple was bleeding. I was left to fend for myself in a closed room next to the large nurses desk for 8 hrs. I was not offered any water or food until I finally walked to the desk and asked. During my stay I heard a pitiful cry from what sounded to be a very elderly person calling over and over "nurse nurse help help" for at least an hour and she was ignored. Meanwhile I felt like I was outside a loud party with nurses laughing and joking and when I finally made my way out 6 hours later to ask for water and some food I saw at least 6 or 7 nurses all loudly talking. No one commented on the large bloody mess on my face or offered to even bring me a warm wet cloth. When I finally got home and looked in the mirror the blood had oozed and thickly caked dry....when I got it cleaned off I found a hole about 1/2 an inch in my eyebrow which was filled with dried grass and gravel which should have been stiched or pulled together with a tape. I am a retired nurse recently moved from the valley and VRH with famously excellent nurses and care. I had been told by Paramedics the terrible state of the nursing care at the QE2 Emergency and they told me that they try to do their best before leaving their patients because of the nursing care by the Emerg nurses plus the poor reception they give the Paramedics themselves. Since moving here I have many stories of other ER Patients especially the elderly ones about the state of care in the QE2 ER. How can those highly paid nurses in a busy city emergency room be allowed to feel so entitled and uncaring is my question.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2019

Value

My wife was sent here to have Cardiac Catheter procedure. The hospital recommended Point Pleasant Lodge to stay over night since we live in Antigonish and she had to register at 6:30AM on day of procedure. When we booked Point Pleasant Lodge we were told patient stays free and companion pays 50.00 . So be booked a Queen bed and nothing was mentioned to us about any renovations. When we got to Lodge the day before after a 3 hour drive, we saw the renovations , and went to desk and registered, we found out that not only were we not getting a queen sized bed, but were being charged 15:00 for parking overnight and if we wanted wifi that was an additional 10 dollars for 24 hours. So I refused the wifi and was charged 65.00 . There was no where on site to eat because of renovations, so you had to walk or drive to get food. We do not know Halifax and it was the start of Canada Day long weekend, so driving anywhere was out and the patient was waiting for heart angiogram so couldn't walk anywhere,. Also the floor they put us on was still being renovated, the floor was ripped up and it was very dirty. That's great when you are sick and scared. When we used the bathroom the toilet plugged up and the shower drain also plugged. We went to desk and asked about a queen bed and was told by senior staff we weren't getting it. She was very rude and nasty. In short, I would not recommend this place to any living soul. And I think there must be someone on your hospital board that has an interest in this place to allow that mush abuse to be recommended to any sick patient. Disgusting , I am filing a complaint to the Nova Scotia Health Authority and hiring a lawyer to look into this practice as well. PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THE INDIGNITY OF STAYING AT HIS DUMP. JUST CHECK TRIP ADVISOR IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2019

Value

It starts with EMT's and follows all the way through the system.From orthopedic surgeons with no follow up to mental heath, talking an ED patient out of care( ie eating) I could scream, how in the world did this system become so bad (broken) . Greed and poor administration.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2019

Value

I do not understand the derogatory comments that have been made. I was transferred from another hospital to this hospital and had no complaints whatsoever. I thought I was the perfect patient but have been told since that I was anything but....I cannot remember much about my month-long stay on the cardiac floor, but I know I was always treated with respect and given great care with lots of patience. I would not be alive today if the doctors and nurses there had not been so terrific. Thanks.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2019

Value

These are the days of inclusion in Canada. .......apart from young women in the emerg dept where obnoxious drs feel that all young people are in emerg for drugs. My daughter had severe eczema and the attending dr was negligent and uncaring. No prescription or advice just go away and no coming here for drugs. All she needed was cortisone cream!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Value

Was treated as if I had a mental illness after the harm that occured from misdiagnosis in the system. Easy to pull off I guess considering the state I was left in. Oh and they conceal flagged test results too and claim they are normal. You cannot imagine the condition I was left in and survived but not thanks to this place.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

Value

We are fortuneate to have an amazing world class hospital in Halifax. The comments before me complain about trivial things like clerks chewing gum...? My life was saved at zero cost to me through the extensive medical equipment and amazing staff. Some people had bad days...just like everyday life.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Value

I am 38yrs old and unable to work for a year and unable to take care of my children. I have issues with my cervical spine causing ongoing pain 24/7 and numbness in my limbs. I am unable to do anything and when I call Dr Mcneelys office (halifax) the receptionist is not very nice and I have not been given an appointment. My life is in turmoil with pain and I don't know how much longer I can do this. I just want help!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Value

WTF some employee said that I refused treatment after I waited 8.5 frickin hours to be seen and then asked me if I wanted to be put back in the system. Why would I wait if I refused treatment! Someone in emergency didn't want to do their job so they said I refused treatment. I hope karma gets them.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Value

Noise is extreme. Shared room with a woman who's family were coughing, in all night and day, using cell phones, tromping through. Nurses were mostly poor listeners and one even dose me the pills belonging to my room mate. Night sitters when male were idiots, playing noisy lap top games, buzzing nurses instead of getting a glass of water themselves when asked. Not a job for young men, but the young women excellent. One doctor on call so arrogant and blabby you wanted to push her out a window. Thought the world of herself and actually said to me that I should not bite the hand that feeds me, when she is the one being fed if bank account examined, by this farce. She confuse 'poor' with 'stupid' and should be fired. Some of the student nurses were excellent, but the older ones just want to be retired and the sooner, the better. One of them slammed a blood tap into my forearm muscles that took eight weeks to recover. It was never used. Those things are never used. I felt like I was in a very dark comedy. Outside the hospital is a community garden that was in full bloom of every vegetable, yet inside the hospital, food of no nutritional value, never a fresh fruit or veg, sickeningly bad food. No logic.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Doctors at QEII Health Sciences Centre

Dr. Ivan Wong

Dr. Ivan Wong

Latest Rating

Amazing. My shoulder which has dislocated more times than I can count is finally fixed. Others have told me they needed to do this big operation but dr Wong and his ... Read more

Dr. Daniel Rayson

Dr. Daniel Rayson

Latest Rating

I feel so fortunate that I was referred to Dr Rayson as he was absolutely exceptional in walking me through the journey of Chemotherapy. He truly knows his patients ... Read more

Dr. David Clarke

Dr. David Clarke

Latest Rating

Forever grateful for this man and his team. Had a tumour removed from pituitary gland causing cushings disease in 2010. 9 years later tumor free and living my best l... Read more

Dr. Ratika Parkash

Dr. Ratika Parkash

Latest Rating

Superb physician. Hats off to a person as knowledgable, hard-working and caring as Dr. Parkash

Dr. Lucy Helyer

Dr. Lucy Helyer

Latest Rating

Best surgeon ever. Part of a team that saved my life twice.

Dr. J. David Amirault

Dr. J. David Amirault

Latest Rating

Excellent doctor. Knowledgable and explains things clearly. Kind. I would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Dr. Camille Hancock-Friesen

Dr. Camille Hancock-Friesen

Latest Rating

Dr. Hancock-Friesen is the most genuine, selfless, amazing person I have ever met. As we sat in a small waiting room waiting to hear that our 5 month old son was thr... Read more

Dr. Ivar Mendez

Dr. Ivar Mendez

Latest Rating

Dr. Mendez did my brain tumor surgery and was able to remove 80% which is so much more than expected. He was kind, and answered any questions we had at any time. He ... Read more

Dr. Michael Love

Dr. Michael Love

Latest Rating

Took the time to explain himself thoroughly..... you feel like you’re in good hands with him....... excellent doctor!!! Thank you Dr Love!!

Dr. Andrea Kew

Dr. Andrea Kew

Latest Rating

My father had seen another oncologist for 10 years, treating his multiple myeloma. We were unexpectedly switched to Dr. Kew and as we walked out of our first appoint... Read more