Halifax Infirmary

Hospital

Rate Halifax Infirmary

Ratings for Halifax Infirmary

Value

I don't understand the complaints listed below since I recently was airlifted to the Infirmary for coronary issues and after 10 hours of surgery, ended up with over 40 days in the ICU. I cannot say enough good things about the nursing staff, the dieticians and the amazing physio team. The nurses were nothing but kind and responded immediately to any of my requests. I was nurtured back to actually being able to walk out of the hospital and to fly back home a bare 6 weeks after surgery. They saved my life, starting with the doctor who did my surgery and the entire follow up team. I am most grateful and thank the angels of kindness for taking good care of me and giving of their energies and selfless personalities by placing their patients first. Thank you for your kind and professional service.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2019

Value

I was recently a patient at the Halifax Infirmary, and found the care I received excellent. the staff especially the Nurses and their assistants I cannot say enough about them. I don't know what the rest of these people are talking about, but with what they have to work with they do a great job. I for one was well taken care of. Sounds like the rest of these former patients are nothing more than a bunch of malcontents, By the way I was a patient in unit 6.2. Good job guys.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2019

Value

I’m new to Halifax and must say, I am appalled by the disdain and lack of professionalism expressed by the staff. It’s a miracle that patients aren’t contracting multi drug resistant infections in this filthy establishment. Rarely if ever have the doctors been knowledgeable. Clearly, the patient’s wellbeing is not of the utmost priority here. If ever you need a procedure for a serious condition, I would wholeheartedly recommend that you travel to another city.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2019

Value

In my opinion the heart transplant team at the infirmary are lacking the skills that other major cities have.5 transplant a year and one died from bad decisions who should have survived. All covered up. If the doctors got no ski trips or birthday parties you might survive the heart transplant. It's time to clean house.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2018

Value

DO NOT GO TO THIS FILTHY HOSPITAL AND FILTHY STAFF ,THEY ARE ROTTEN DOCTORS AND ROTTEN NURSE !!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

Value

Worst service I received ever! I was shot that how bad the service they provided. Those nurses are careless about patients. And you never know who to assess patients who can be seen by doctor first, when one was suffering from pain and need to wait for more than 4 hours, and the other was called in shortly but he can talk and laugh loud.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2018

Value

Patients are dying needlessly here and it is being ignored by the heads of departments and the hospital as well as the NS Health Authority. Everyone is protected by lawyers, compliments of the government (tax payers monies). I will look into making complaints with Human rights as being denied adequate and/or competent health care and causing death of patients would seem to violate the human rights laws that Canada has signed. Yet, millions, if not billions are being funded to this mess of an (un)healthy (Un)caring system. NS is part of Canada and Canadians are dying as a result. If the province refuses to step in to stop the corrupted system they have and continue to perpetuate, then maybe the Canadian government needs to step in.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Value

Filthy, dirty hospital filled with rude and arrogant staff who could care less about helping patients. A multi million dollar waste of taxpayers monies. Move out of the Maritimes in order to get health care in Canada.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Value

This so called hospital is run by the brain dead and 'dummed down' medical staff from Dalhousie Medical School. When mistakes are made, they are taught to cover it up with made up medical reports, pull medical reports and re-write them, and get other buddies (what they refer to as doctors, residents) to cover up their messes. Poor excuse for a hospital, no excuses for the incompetence that prevails here. Letting patients die, killing patients with negligence is the NS Health Authority's way to solve their physician shortage. Less patients and no need to recruit doctors. There is no competent doctor or specialist who would ever step foot into this nest of negligence and corruption.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Value

The ECHO department is as bad as the respiratory department. The hospital is plagued with incompetence. The NS Health Authority is as diseased as the hospitals it runs. No wonder the doctors are running and recruitment is useless. No competent health care in NS. This excuse of a hospital is an example of how bad the health care system really is in this province. Where is all the government money really going for health care???

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Doctors at Halifax Infirmary

Dr. Nebojsa Sparavalo

Dr. Nebojsa Sparavalo

Latest Rating

Simply one of the best. Honest, straightforward and encouraging. He knows what you need to hear to provide motivation at your lowest times. He is one of the reaso... Read more

Dr. Simon Walling

Dr. Simon Walling

Latest Rating

Dr. Walling is an excellent neurosurgeon. I have been a patient for the last 5 years for an acoustic neuroma. Had 2 surgeries. Follow up care is amazing from the ti... Read more

Dr. Mark Sadler

Dr. Mark Sadler

Latest Rating

I meet Dr Sadler in St.Johns, Newfoundland in the late 70’s. I grew up having grand mal and complex partial.Dr Sadler was there for me. I moved to Halifax in Jan. 19... Read more

Dr. Gerald Reardon

Dr. Gerald Reardon

Latest Rating

Dr Reardon has done 2 knee replacements for me. Knees work great and WITHOUT pain. He is kind, caring and explains this well. He took direction from me when I thoug... Read more

Dr. Daniel O'Brien

Dr. Daniel O'Brien

Latest Rating

Did a retina reattachment excellent care would highly recommend

Dr. William Oxner

Dr. William Oxner

Latest Rating

My first appointment with Dr Oxner left me a little disappointed as he seemed very rushed - when in fact he was just annoyed that my GP hadn't followed his instructi... Read more

Dr. Timothy Benstead

Dr. Timothy Benstead

Latest Rating

Found this man to be nonresponsive to any concerns , arrogant , bitter , noncaring and mute. The worst experience I have ever had with any Dr. bar none. Went in a... Read more

Dr. George Kovacs

Dr. George Kovacs

Latest Rating

Dr. Kovacs was extremely helpful and very understanding. He is an excellent doctor and you would be lucky to get him in the Emergency Department!

Dr. Dennis Bowie

Dr. Dennis Bowie

Latest Rating

Dr. Bowie treated me with callous disregard. He failed to properly manage my asthma. In his opinion, it was all in my head.