St. Paul's Hospital

Hospital

Rate St. Paul's Hospital

Ratings for St. Paul's Hospital

Value

I went to the emergency for a minor cut. Because they had an uncompetent student work on me I am having more serious problems now. Stand up for yourself and ask for a real doctor.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018

Value

Very impressive functional hospital. Recently had day surgery for a lower bowel condition. The hospital was extremely busy with many surgical patients. Staff processed a great amount of paperwork in an efficient, watchful and respectful manner. Certainly I felt a great kindness and attention to my needs in spite of a crowded staging area. Moving on towards the operating rooms various professionals were very clear, direct and stubborn to ensure you had a complete understanding of the procedures. The operating theatre was spotless and blankets used to cover you were heated. Staff was attentive , calm and watchful. The recovery process in the afternoon was similar to the morning - questions answered, nothing was too much trouble. I started at 6:30 am and left at 4:30 pm. A lot of moving parts to coordinate, a lot of checking, rechecking and trying to get a clear picture so mistakes would be avoided, throughout which staff made the adjustments to achieve professionalism I felt their kindness and dedication.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

Value

Very dirty hospital. Quite disgusting. There was human waste in the shower that was not cleaned up when reported. The cleaning staff cleans walking areas and that is it. No wonder people get sicker in the hospital. ICU was excellent but then watch out.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018

Value

Staff is good for the most part but the conditions are terrible. VERY unclean, chaotic and uncomfortable. The noise never stops... old machines and terrible food. I was there for a week and it felt like the worse place to get well.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2018

Value

I had a surgery at Saint Paul and I also went to ER once. Every time I was treated very well. The doctors, ambulance staff and nurses were great. They need to upgrade the building. I think St. Paul Hospital should stay there forever because is the only hospital in West end busy area. In case of earthquake, storm, fire or bus traffic is impossible to get fast to Terminal Ave.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2018

Value

The first night I went into the ER for a high fever, i was taken care of right away with amazing nurses and Doctor. I got called to go back the next day for more antibiotics because a blood bacteria was found. The 2nd day was horrible! The nurse and doctor I had attend to me seemed to care less. I was still running a high fever and headache and asked for some tylenol but was ignored! The Doctor the night before told me to take it every 4hrs no matter what to keep my fever down. I was shivering I was so cold while getting my IV drip. Thankfully the other nurse was off shift and another very nice one took over. She got me a warm blanket and some water right away! Thank you for that. The Hospital is very dirty especially washrooms OMG I am absolutely mortified by this. Cleaner bathrooms anywhere than here. I wont even say what I saw in there. How can a hospital have this dirty of washrooms? Gas stations are cleaner than these. A big thank to staff on my first day though as they were so amazing! Wish they were there on the 2nd day on my visit back there. I have huge respect for healthcare workers as I have a few in my family.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2018

Value

Had surgery here twice, great staff, very clean, Dr. Brian Westerberg & staff amazing. I felt safe & cared for. Everything went smoothly and I can definitely say its a great hospital!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2018

Value

St Pauls is the best, Having 3 chronic diseases, they have he top Doctors and have saved my life a few times. I would like to find a new GP connected to St. Pauls since mine has retired.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2018

Value

This is a very old hospital that certainly needs to be replaced. That said my experiences with St Paul's are very positive. Staff constantly stops if you are trying to find your way and directs you to where you need to be, that includes nursing staff, maintenance and support staff. I've just had a major surgery at St Paul's and I am so grateful I had the opportunity to be treated here. Right from the admitting clerk thru to recovery and being released I was treated with kindness and respect. Recovery nurses are particularly lovely, very kind and quick to respond to any discomfort. I even found the food pretty decent, food that was supposed to be hot was hot and what was supposed to be cold was cold. This is a very busy inner city hospital looking after a high amount of disinfranchised clientele so I think they face a great deal more challenges than most hospitals. That they manage to remain caring and kind is to their credit. Thank you for the excellent care.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

Value

St.pauls is a prison. Its a hospital that needs to shut down the their ER its awful, snooty staff and needs a government review.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2018

Dr. Umran did the surgery on my mom's knee . We couln't be happier

Dr. Andrew Ignaszewski

Dr. Andrew Ignaszewski

Latest Rating

I have had the privilege of his care and services for over 15 years ! I can not express my appreciation sincerely enough or appropriate ! Excellence is the only wor... Read more

Dr. Jack Amar

Dr. Jack Amar

Latest Rating

He is very patient and responsible. His smile makes me not nervous. He is the best doctor I've seen so far.

Dr. Jian Ye

Dr. Jian Ye

Latest Rating

He is the best doctor. God bless him, he saved my life.

Dr. Manoj Raval

Dr. Manoj Raval

Latest Rating

All doctors can learn from Dr. Raval about dedication to patients. He called me on a weekend because he was worried about my cat scan results, and wanted to make su... Read more

Dr. Amin Javer

Dr. Amin Javer

Latest Rating

Dr. Javer is definitely the best. Having him in BC is a blessing for all of us patients suffering of sinus issues. Dr. Javer's exemplar professional ethics and willi... Read more

Dr. Nancy Mitenko

Dr. Nancy Mitenko

Latest Rating

Dr. Mitenko is the best doctor to deliver your baby. She always gives you the information that you need. She did my C section at Saint Paul hospital. My recovery was... Read more

Dr. Robert Irvine

Dr. Robert Irvine

Latest Rating

I am extremely happy with the result of my surgery, Dr. Irvine has a great demeanor, very patient, and super knowledgeable...after seven months of surgery no one can... Read more

Dr. Adrienne Melck

Dr. Adrienne Melck

Latest Rating

A very knowledgable and caring physician/surgeon. This extends to her office staff. Fortunate to have had her take care of me.

Dr. Lawrence Halparin

Dr. Lawrence Halparin

Latest Rating

Dr. Halparin is retired and he is deeply missed. He was the best!