St Pauls

Hospital

Rate St Pauls

Ratings for St Pauls

Value

The Best, Doctors, Nurses, Staff I always feel I'm in the very best of care when I'm a patient or in for tests. They have helped me through 41 years of type 1 Diabetes and my Chronic Heart disease.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Value

Went to to SPH for 5 years for dialysis. Had a kidney transplant 2 years ago. Great Doctors and nurses, very helpful and take good care of you. Very professional and excellent kidney doctors and nurses.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

Value

I recently had tendon transfer surgery and spent 12 days in care. The first night post surgery was spent in a large room next to recovery as the hospital was full. At 2am the OR went into use for a heart transplant. Thee team made tremendous noise and our nurse asked them to quet down twice. i had to use a bedpan and while removing the nurse tipped it,leaving me in a wet bed and gown until the following day. I was given a room the next morning. Unfortunately it was a troublesome roommate. The floor staff were aware of this individual and began to look for another room so I could recover properly. My surgeon visited me but didn't look at my arm. A few days I was moved to the orthopoedic floor. After a week's stay I was told I was healthy enough to go home. At this time I hadn't seen my surgeon and was heavily medicated. I said I woouldn't leave unless my surgeon agreed. He stated I had to have my arm splinted and home support had to be in place. The social worker told me it was too costly to keep me as the room was $1600/daily. This us despite having MSP! I was told I'd be splinted Friday,then Tuesday. Tuesday came around and I was told to return the next day because the clinic was busy. I'm physically disabled so that was virtually impossible. My cast fell off so I was rushed to the hand clinic. A splint was hastily made and my discharge was set for the following day. At this time I was still awaiting confirmation of home support. At discharge I was given a sheet of paper confirming y follow up and told home support would be in touch with a care time. I didn't recieve a call so i rang the floor the day after discharge to ask for a contact # and to report my splint was digging into my wrist stitches. I was told to see my GP or have home support fix it because I wasn't getting a new one. I suffered until my follow up. The attending nurse noticed the dents in my hand and bicep from the splint and alerted doctors. After an hour I had the splint fixed. I felt abandoned. The majority of nurses are very caring but extremely busy. In my 12 day stay my hair was shampooed once. Upon having a bowel movement they do a quick dry wipe which results in dirty gowns and bedsheets. I also had a doctor disrespect me because my surgeon hadn't told me how long I'd be in hospital. The food is atrocious and a slice of cheese pizza is $4.95 in the 4th floor cafe! Very clean facility

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Value

2 of my sons were born at ST. Pauls. The doctor were fabulous and the staff is excellent. I cant expect any service better than ST. Pauls.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Value

I had my daughter at St. Paul's hospital and I had such an amazing stay while I recovered from my C-section. The staff could not do enough for us all. We actually got teary-eyed when it was time to leave. The rooms are nice and big, on suite bathroom with big tub with jets! I can not recommended St.Paul's highly enough

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Value

The staff were busy and irritable but one of a receptionist of ENT clinic, Hosanna was very rude and aggressive. She was suddenly exploded , accused me and slam the door. OMG. She shouldn't work at hospital to treat patients. However, receptionists in ENT resident clinic were nice and helpful.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Value

Thank you St Paul's Hospital. You are the best. Your nurses are angels and your surgery team saved my life. Glynis

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Value

Offers the best care. Knowledgeable staff, quick response to all emergencies

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Value

Great experience getting my bunion surgery at St. Paul's. Great hospital, great staff.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Value

After a fall from a ladder, ambulance to St. Paul's . The emergency department sent me walking out with a burst L2. To cheap or lazy to X-ray my spine?? I was lucky to have it diagnosed in Abbotsford or I may have spent the rest of my life in a wheelchair.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

Doctors at St Pauls

Dr. Monika Pawlowska

Dr. Monika Pawlowska

1 review

Latest Rating

I prefer to keep my comment to myself in regard to this experience.