St Pauls

Hospital

Rate St Pauls

Ratings for St Pauls

Value

Bad service, bad doctors,nurses,dirty,inhuman treatment One time the rookies overdose me on morphine. I went in they didn’t diagnosed me I was tired in pain and confuse. They all, with very few exceptions , tortured my body and soul with their incompetence, malice, neglect and abuse My transplant doctors at the clinic put me twice back together and St. Paul took it all away. Varvara

flag | Submitted December 28, 2018

Value

Worst expierence ever need to listen to the patient not how big of a cheque u get at the end of the day

flag | Submitted December 17, 2018

Value

The staff is just amazing! They treat everyone equally no matter your social situation. We went a night in the emergency room where I got to hear them be equally as compassionate and kind to addicts and as they did to us. The hospital itself (rooms, amenities and food) leave little to be desired. We needed 3 blankets 4 paper thin pillows, missing room curtains, no shower in our room...felt kind of outdated and packed care. Elevators were dirty!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2018

Value

I am looking for a nurse practitioner who will give me a referral to go to the GF Strong building for a interview and a diagnosis for my acute brain trauma.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

Value

Wonderful hospital, I wouldn’t go anywhere else, and I live in Vancouver Island...and have been in alot of hospitals. Victoria Jubilee,Victoria General,Nanaimo,WCGG,BCCH, Lion’s Gate, Vancouver General, Royal Columbia’s, Eagle Ridge, Mount St.Joseph’s...I’ll only come here!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

Value

My thyroid team happens to be at St Paul's and they're really talented but the hospital itself is a mess. Last visit I stepped in a sticky puddle of human urine. A shady man followed me into the women's washroom. He didn't threaten me in any way but was clearly very out of it as he began urinating in the sink. Whilst in the blood lab I heard "Code White" called and a technician mused that it was "third one today".... turns out this is a call for security over a dangerous patient. I may need surgery at this hospital and am slightly terrified about being put under, being vulnerable, and sharing a room.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Value

I was tortured in one of those rooms for a hole night, very cold and very sick, with UTI, insufficient blankets,food on the floor, is extremely degrading, and all because I ask about my medication, what a waiste of tax payers money, these hospital units are nothing more than jails and the stuff/nurses infringes on your human rights every step of the way. Also the security guards where excessively violent, I oppose no resistance what so ever, Went like a lamb to the slutter, felt like in the old Comunist regim. What a shame for our province is the Mental Health ACT

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Value

Living in the middle between St. Pauls and VGH, I always choose St. Pauls if I require an ER visit for an episodic problem. They treat you like an individual, rather than just a number in the queue. And I've never waited more than an hour an a half to be seen, unlike VGH which regularly has an 8 hour wait for my eldetly relatives. The St. Pauls ER doctors really know their stuff and knew right away what the diagnosis was but still did a CT to be thorough. Used to go to UBC hospital because it has a nicer facility without the waiting area full of severely addicted and mentally ill homeless people. But UBC mis-diagnosed me without any kind proper investigation. St. Pauls has the ER expertise to deal with regular conditions as well as the specialized needs of the homeless. It can be distressing being in the same waiting area as the homeless patients, but it can also be a way of breaking down barriers because one time I had a conversation with the homeless guy next to me which made me appreciate that unkempt people with dirty clothes and matted hair are just as human as any of us.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Value

The staff at St.Paul's are working in a sub-optimum environment but have a skill set that makes up for the poor facilities. The staff exhibit a dedication to patient care and reception of family and friends that does not rival any other hospital in the Lower Mainland. I have received nothing but optimal medical care ( I refuse to talk about the horrendous food), and psychological support that patients may need during long and arduous procedures and recovery. Kudos to this crew, who know how to make the most of their experience, dedication and convictions. I certainly would not have survived without your help and intervention, but most of all, thank you for looking after my family, who needed (and received) your support. I am forever in your debt

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Value

The Best, Doctors, Nurses, Staff I always feel I'm in the very best of care when I'm a patient or in for tests. They have helped me through 41 years of type 1 Diabetes and my Chronic Heart disease.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Doctors at St Pauls

Dr. Monika Pawlowska

Dr. Monika Pawlowska

Latest Rating

This was the rudest doctor I have ever encountered in my life. I was referred to her by my obgyn while pregnant with my son, for gestational diabetes. I was late fo... Read more