Ratings for Dr. Anthony Ham Pong

Appointment was 14:40 hrs. An hour later we're still waiting. Wondering if I should bill him for wasting my time. Will post comments on the visit if we ever get called in

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Ignorant man. Know his stuff, but boy oh boy, he needs a lesson in manners. I was so close to responding with my own rudeness and decided not to stoop to his level. We will be going elsewhere as as result.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Took my 3yr old son to see Dr. Ham Pong yesterday and ended up having to leave after the assessment, no testing. During the assessment my son was restless and whining while I was talking, Dr. Ham Pong yelled loudly at my son to be quiet - I was shocked that he would treat him that way. I had already overlooked that my 3yr old said "hi" when he came in and he didn't respond and that he was constantly cutting me off when trying to explain. Him yelling was the last straw for me.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Receptionist and assistant were lovely but Dr. Ham Pong came off as condescending and rude. I obviously had concerns and questions regarding my son's allergy but his tone and responses made me feel stupid. Even though I had to wait forever to see the doctor, and then an extended period of time after they had administered the tests, the actual face time seemed rushed. I will be looking elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

After reading all the reviews, I was a little apprehensive about seeing Dr. Ham Pong for my daughter but my fears were unfounded. Here's a breakdown: Dr. Ham Pong himself - very nice man, soft spoken and gentle with my daughter, asked me questions about her allergic reaction and listened carefully to my responses, explained about the test, answered my questions as to what the test was and he spelled out words (like 'needle') so not to alarm my daughter Staff: receptionist was fine, polite, didn't have much interaction with her; the nurse was wonderful administering the test, made my daughter feel at ease completely Waiting room/office: here I can't disagree with some of the comments; yes it was old, crowded, could use some refreshing and new furniture, the office was cluttered with vials and knick knacks, it was not a comfortable wait. People were in the waiting room at different points in their visit (first see the doctor, then wait, then see the nurse, then wait for your reaction, then see the dr again) making it quite busy and crowded. But not every doctor can have a huge space and brand new furniture, so I'm not going to complain. Overall, perfectly satisfied with our visit.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Super knowledgeable. Very helpful in providing articles and guides for anyone at any level. Quite punctual and the staff are OK. Overall 4.5 stars as a doctor. As a person though, LOL, as others have mentioned, his manners have.... room for improvements. One time he explained something, and 10 min after that, I asked a question and he went "well, you don't the answer coz you weren't listening." This is like my Catholic boys only high school experience allover again... But again, super helpful and gave us the best info and routines and background for my daughter's allergy march, and he does that every single annual checkup. Just look over his social skills and you get the best allergist north side of the border.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

Dr. Ham Pong is very knowledgeable but his bedside manners are horrible. He can't look at me in the eyes, I feel like I have to tell him my story in 30 second or less or else he cuts me off and basically tells me I'm not answering his questions. I'm 42 y-o educated woman and his way of talking to me is nothing but rude. Very unpleasant experience and although his knowledge is great, the fact that I can't ask questions or have a conversation with him about my health troubles me. I has hoping that I caught him on a bad day the last two times I was here, but the 3rd visit proves it's just how it is when you enter his clinic. Really too bad.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

I used to go there and wait in the office standing up with my child, while everyone else was bringing the family reunion with them. Dr. Ham Pong is very good at what he does, no doubt about that, but he does need A NEW STAFF WITH PROPER TRAINING IN ETIQUETTES AND HOW TO SERVE THE PUBLIC. I was being told TO BRING A SELF ADRESSED & STAMP ENVELOPE to have my receipt of payment sent to my very own home. HOW CHEAP IS THAT! I forgot it once and the office BILLED ME ON THE STAMP AND ENVELOPE. So very CHEAP! I refuse to deal with the office anymore, RICH SNOBBY PEOPLE don't deserve my $$$, Goodbye! Hello to another WONDERFUL DOCTOR and STAFF that were very recommended to me from CHEO! BRAVO

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

I am a mid-20's year old male who since a very young age has been severly allergic to peanuts. I hadn't had an allergy test done in over 10 years, and I was referred to Dr. Hampong by a friend. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with Dr. Hampong: he was extremely knowledgeable, and took the time to explain what my allergy actually was to me, as well as the results of my test. His assistant was also very knowledgeable, gentle, and patient. Dr. Hampong also provided me with several documents (that he authored himself!) that further describe my allergy, symptoms, and ways to comfortably and safely live with it. Overall, I very much enjoyed my experience with Dr. Hampong, and would highly reccomend anyone to him and his practise.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

We saw another allergist, who has a really good review on this website, for our two year old son. The other allergist said our son didn't have a sesame allergy or any other allergy. A few months later our son had a severe allergic reaction and we went to CHEO. The emergency doctor referred us to Dr Ham Pong. I read the reviews on Dr Ham Pong and was expecting him to be direct or rude. When we arrived he told me to leave our stroller in the waiting room because it would not fit in his small office; his tone was direct. He also asked me some questions and expected straight forward answers, but sometimes I was unsure of things. He then performed the allergy test for my 2 year old son, and concluded that he was severely allergic to sesame (son's arm was red and swollen where he pricked him with sesame). He also did an allergy test for our 1 year old daughter, out of courtesy, even though she wasn't the one referred to him initially. The whole time Dr Ham Pong was extremely cautious, took his time and closely examined our kids after the tests, and you can tell he takes his job very seriously. He is extremely knowledgeable, and was actually very kind to our family. We made a couple of jokes and we were all laughing; he's actually really nice! Most importantly, he saved our son's life by getting to the bottom of his allergy. The previous allergist didn't even know what he was doing; he was friendly but clearly not as detailed or knowledgeable. I'm so grateful that we saw Dr Ham Pong. Yes he is into his work, takes his job seriously and may not be interested in talking to you about the weather. He does his job, he knows what he's doings and is extremely knowledgeable. That's more important than how direct he could be at times. Not everybody has good social skills; what matters most to us is a Dr who takes his time and cares enough to give us as much info as possible and to get to the bottom of things. He was good with our kids too. They gave our son a lollipop after his allergy test; he was quite content.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016