UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS M. D. ANDERSON CANCER CENTER

Clinic

Rate UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS M. D. ANDERSON CANCER CENTER

Ratings for UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS M. D. ANDERSON CANCER CENTER

Value

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Litton and the breast center. I had a mass/nodule for approx. 2 years that they never evaluated or suggested it be imaged, and it turned out to be a cancer recurrence that had been growing the whole time. I was seen multiple times by Dr. Litton or other providers at MDA during this timeframe and none of them questioned the mass/nodule or had it evaluated. The nodule was visible and palpable at every visit. Even worse - not a single provider documented the mass/nodule in my medical files. In general, the breast center also operates in a manner that puts the needs of the clinic/doctor over the needs of the patient. After only a year & 1/2 after first being diagnosed with breast cancer, Dr. L transferred my care over to a N.P. without even telling me. This is horrifying since a recurrence is most likely to occur in the first 5 years. Do yourself a favor and stay away from MDA breast center.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

Value

I came here from Oklahoma and diagnosed with Thyroid cancer. I then came back and had it removed. After 25 years in the healthcare business I can honestly say this was the most well oiled, efficiently ran facility I have ever been in! They had enough staff to do their job without delay. There were people everywhere to help guide you ....I never got lost not once and that's a musical in itself. A very clean and comfortable hospital that believe it or not I never had to but on my sweater! Most are very cold. The most impressive part was the patient care! Everyone there truely cares about you as a person and it shows! The only department with an issue here is the social worker.....not all just the one I got.....was never helpful....no suggestions....I have worked with a lot of case managers over the years and she was the worse! I would still say this is best facility around inspire the s.w.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Value

I was warned that I would be treated like a number. This hospital gave everything a true, personal touch. Wonderful care for both me and my family.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015