Rex Hospital

Hospital

Rate Rex Hospital

Ratings for Rex Hospital

Value

I walked into Dr. Grant Buttram"s office with absolutely zero hope as I was used to hearing that there's nothing to be done with a collapsing spine from scoliosis and a botched surgery. The nerve damage was so severe that it would make me nauseous with a migraine and stole my breath on a daily basis. I could only walk a few feet before having to stop and take a rest from the pain, it was that severe. After examining my x-rays and MRI's, he walked in with confidence to say he could fix my back and add some height (yes, I was that crooked) but it was going to be a lot of work. I thank my lucky stars every day that this man loves a challenge because it took three surgeries. The first two were successful, but he walks in and tells me he could do better in straightening my crooked spine. And he did. He attempted what no one else would and made it to where I can focus on something other than what the severity of pain I was going to be dealing with. I'll never be fully at 100% but he did take me from 15% to about 60% as I'm just 3 months out of surgery. The staff were amazing at both his office and Rex Hospital. The food wasn't terrible either with a wide variety to choose from. The only main complaint is the beds could use some updating, especially for spine surgeries. Many thanks to Dr. B and Jessica, Pam and everyone else who helped me on this journey. It wasn't near as scary as it could have been and every question was answered with profession and compassion. I highly recommend Dr. B and his staff!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2019

Value

My experience with Dr. Edward Kim has been exemplary. He has performed two surgeries on me, both due to physical over exertion resulting in the need for hernia repairs. On both occasions, I found Dr. Kim to be professional, knowledgeable and genuinely interested in my health. Dr. Kim has a calm and relaxing demeanor that makes conversation between patient and doctor much easier. I highly recommend Dr. Kim for anyone in need of such services. Furthermore, I would add that the entire REX surgical staff, from pre-op to post-op, from the nurses to the young aides who push your wheel chair to your car when you depart the hospital, is friendly, compassionate, and interested in helping at every turn. My thanks to the entire REX staff!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2019

Value

My local hospital is 10 miles, Rex is a hour away. I drive all the way to Rex for treatment due to the great care I get at this hospital. It is clean, and super professional as well! I cannot say enough great things about REx.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2019

Value

I won't go anywhere else I have spent a lot of time in there for a lot of different reasons and they have taken excellent care of me

flag | Submitted April 14, 2019

Value

My experience with my surgery was awesome. The healthcare team were all very nice and patient. They made my time there very comfortable and i would highly recommend the Rex Healthcare system.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2019

Value

My mother was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection by her primary care doctor. She was taking an antibiotic when she fell and was taken to the emergency room. The emergency room doctor read the urinalysis and said she had no uti and took her off her antibiotic. We saw her primary care doctor several days later. He had received a copy of the emergency room report which indicated my mother had a urinary tract infection. This meant she had been without her meds for several days and her confusion was even worse. Please look into this. I think she saw Dr. Denton in the ER. My mother’s name is Marie Norris.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2018

Value

Rex is fabulous. The nurses were horrible. The Nursing Assistants do most of the work and the nurses are quite mean to the CNAs's. Gosh, I got sick of hearing "that's not my job". These were the floor nurses only. Post & Pre op nurses were kind and caring.. I had been told about the floor nurses by 5 friends and 2 Physicians. I should have heeded their advice.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2018

Value

I had surgery in July of 2017 and my experience was very good. The staff and doctors are all very professional and the facilities are excellent.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

Value

I had surgery in August and I have never been more impressed with a hospital. The staff were kind and very competent. The hospital and procedures are very patient-friendly.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Value

ER was Fantastic- helped my son In mins not hours like wakemed

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Doctors at Rex Hospital

Dr. William C. LeLiever

Dr. William C. LeLiever

Latest Rating

Dr. LeLiever and his staff were both helpfull and enjoyable to work with. I had a great outcome.