Kindred Hospital-Indianapolis

Hospital

Rate Kindred Hospital-Indianapolis

Ratings for Kindred Hospital-Indianapolis

Value

I have been a patient here since July 2nd. The staff here has been wonderful and the physical Therapy team is helping me become stronger. I can honestly say that I am seeing great improvements in my overall health condition. I will defiantly recommend Kindred to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2018

Value

Kindred Hospital Indianapolis has been a great hospital for my mother. Laci has kept me and my family on top of everything that has been going on with her. I had no idea that her health conditions had changed in such a short period of time. As soon as they they found out they called me emmediately. I can’t say enough about the wonderful and caring staff that works here.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2018

Value

In my opinion, caused my husbands death !!! Let him fall out of bed 4 different times, when I wasn't able to stay with him ( wife). Be so very careful when dealing with these type places. Lost my heart.

Submitted April 29, 2018

Value

Unhygienic and expensive. Dirty , smelly. Never recommend.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Value

Absolutely horrible. Way too overpriced for the huge 4 hour wait.

Submitted June 21, 2017

Value

Rehab was great they worked with me and I began to see growth in my progress. my Dr. Was there to see me daily and the staff was very nice.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

Value

I was amazed with the hospital and the care. Everybody was so nice and compassionate

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Value

My dad was not provided with assistance in turning every 2 hrs as ordered for the first week of his stay which caused a bed sore. Upon admittance, we were told that the light on his call box indicated that he would be turned, he was not. Call light response time was horrible. In one instance, he asked for a bed pan and, after waiting an hour, he soiled himself. He then asked for assistance in cleaning up, but it again took an hour for a response. He's supposed to be on a renal and diabetic diet, yet he received sugar, salt, and soda on his trays. We spoke with dietary about it, yet, it continued to happen. The RT noted a short in his CPAP and turned it off repeatedly. He has severe sleep apnea and requires a CPAP at night. RT did not notify our family or provide him with a loaner. Instead, RT risked him not breathing for 5 nights before my mother noticed that it was continually and purposefully unplugged. When my mother addressed her concerns with RT, RT said she'd loan us a CPAP for the night, but she left for the day without bringing to my dad. We waited 8 hrs before asking the Charge Nurse, Thomas, to track one down. We brought my father a new one the next day. Staff filled his new CPAP with saline rather than water. We finally called a meeting with his care team. During which, we were informed that we needed to wear gowns for infection control. We were also informed that they should be washing my father and providing him with a new gown before transporting him to dialysis. This did not happen the entire 3 weeks he was there. He was diagnosed with VRE and the facility did not follow infection control protocol which put other patients at risk as they wheeled my dad through common areas (hallways) to dialysis. He received an average of 1 bath per week unless we did it for him. Sutures that were supposed to be removed after arrival were finally removed 2-3 weeks after arrival. During the team meeting, my dad's physician informed us that because of my dad's insurance, they were doing us a favor, that no one else would take him given that reimbursement is so low. We asked if my father had received the nose spray the doctor ordered the week prior, and no one seemed to know. They checked his chart and confirmed that it was ordered, but it had not been dispensed to him. Follow-through and communication between the doctor and staff was horrible. Two days in a row, we were informed that there were no "chucks" in the building. The air conditioning on the 2nd floor of the facility was also out for 2 days. Overall, the facility and the care provided was very disappointing. My dad regressed during his first few weeks at this facility. Thankfully, he was able to transfer to another facility this week.

Submitted April 27, 2017

Value

Overall care was good, staff good. Overall would rate 5 star.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

Value

We could not be more satisfied with the quality care I recieved during his stay. Any questions and concerns we had was dealt with in a timely matter. The food was good. The front desk gentleman was so sweet and very helpful.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Doctors at Kindred Hospital-Indianapolis

Dr. Shelia M. Gamache

Dr. Shelia M. Gamache

Latest Rating

Knowledgeable, caring, and thorough. Among the best I have seen in the Indy area, and believe me there are some not-so-good ones out there (unfortunately).

Dr. Linda L. Stropes