Kindred Hospital-Indianapolis

Kindred Hospital-Indianapolis

Hospital

Rate Kindred Hospital-Indianapolis

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Kindred Hospital-Indianapolis

Value

My dad was not provided with assistance in turning every 2 hrs as ordered for the first week of his stay which caused a bed sore. Upon admittance, we were told that the light on his call box indicated that he would be turned, he was not. Call light response time was horrible. In one instance, he asked for a bed pan and, after waiting an hour, he soiled himself. He then asked for assistance in cleaning up, but it again took an hour for a response. He's supposed to be on a renal and diabetic diet, yet he received sugar, salt, and soda on his trays. We spoke with dietary about it, yet, it continued to happen. The RT noted a short in his CPAP and turned it off repeatedly. He has severe sleep apnea and requires a CPAP at night. RT did not notify our family or provide him with a loaner. Instead, RT risked him not breathing for 5 nights before my mother noticed that it was continually and purposefully unplugged. When my mother addressed her concerns with RT, RT said she'd loan us a CPAP for the night, but she left for the day without bringing to my dad. We waited 8 hrs before asking the Charge Nurse, Thomas, to track one down. We brought my father a new one the next day. Staff filled his new CPAP with saline rather than water. We finally called a meeting with his care team. During which, we were informed that we needed to wear gowns for infection control. We were also informed that they should be washing my father and providing him with a new gown before transporting him to dialysis. This did not happen the entire 3 weeks he was there. He was diagnosed with VRE and the facility did not follow infection control protocol which put other patients at risk as they wheeled my dad through common areas (hallways) to dialysis. He received an average of 1 bath per week unless we did it for him. Sutures that were supposed to be removed after arrival were finally removed 2-3 weeks after arrival. During the team meeting, my dad's physician informed us that because of my dad's insurance, they were doing us a favor, that no one else would take him given that reimbursement is so low. We asked if my father had received the nose spray the doctor ordered the week prior, and no one seemed to know. They checked his chart and confirmed that it was ordered, but it had not been dispensed to him. Follow-through and communication between the doctor and staff was horrible. Two days in a row, we were informed that there were no "chucks" in the building. The air conditioning on the 2nd floor of the facility was also out for 2 days. Overall, the facility and the care provided was very disappointing. My dad regressed during his first few weeks at this facility. Thankfully, he was able to transfer to another facility this week.

Submitted April 27, 2017

Value

Overall care was good, staff good. Overall would rate 5 star.

Submitted April 9, 2017 | flag

Value

We could not be more satisfied with the quality care I recieved during his stay. Any questions and concerns we had was dealt with in a timely matter. The food was good. The front desk gentleman was so sweet and very helpful.

Submitted March 28, 2017 | flag

Value

Great staff. Will be going home soon. The wound care girls really know what they are doing.

Submitted March 28, 2017 | flag

Value

The staff stays very busy. The food is good. My room is quite. The doctors are direct and answers all my questions.

Submitted March 17, 2017 | flag

Value

We appreciate everything that the staff is doing for my mother. Anytime I call or stop in, everyone is helpful in getting information to us.

Submitted March 17, 2017 | flag

Value

Really good experience. Excellent customer service thank you!

Submitted March 11, 2017 | flag

Value

Wanted to say how much I appreciated all the staff at Kindred Hospital. Thank you Tonica and Lori Jo for caring so much. I will stay in touch.

Submitted March 10, 2017 | flag

Value

To all the wonderful nurses and aides who took very good care of me. I was scared, nervous and not the nicest person when I arrived. Certain nurses just entered the room smiling which made things easier. I'm Sorry if I mistreated anyone or hurt your feelings. Thank you again for helping get recover.

Submitted March 9, 2017 | flag

Value

Just wanted to tell everyone Thank you for the care I recieved. The food was great. I was able to have visitors late at night when they got off work. It was surprisingly nice.

Submitted March 9, 2017 | flag