INDIANA ORTHOPAEDIC HOSPITAL

Hospital

Rate INDIANA ORTHOPAEDIC HOSPITAL

Ratings for INDIANA ORTHOPAEDIC HOSPITAL

Value

Been in this hospital many times. Cared about me and my husband and not just me. Awesome care. Very kind staff. Dr Coscia is AMAZING. Been going to him sense 1990.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2019

Value

You couldn't find a better orthopedic staff world renowned surgeons, R&D beyond the top. Ask Payton Manning...after several unsuccessful surgeries by other Orthopedic surgeons he had his career ending neck surgery at ORTHO INDY and was back in football and won another Superbowl. I personally have been a long time patient and with the care I received I'm at 100%.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Value

I went to Ortho-Indy (and IOH) for a broken 5th metatarsal bone in my foot. My doctor there sold me on surgery to place a small pin in the bone to secure it and insure it healed properly within 6 weeks. The small pin turned out to be 3 inches long. Surgery went well, so I thought. But the swelling in my foot never went down, though I was assured it was normal. Finally after 11 weeks post-surgery, the swelling was worse than ever, and they finally ordered an ultrasound test, which revealed 3 blood clots in my calf. Since this was discovered in the evening after they closed, they called me and told me to go immediately to a pharmacy (since this was a "potentially life threatening condition"), obtain an injectable blood thinner, and then start immediately injecting myself to help dissolve the blood clots. They couldn't be bothered to open up after hours to explain the injecting procedure and plan to dissolve these blood clots. Then I was sent to my own GP to have him explain the treatment plan for the blood clots (even though he was no expert). Had I been referred to an expert, I could have gone on Xarelto rather than Coumadin and avoided all the blood testing needed every few days with Coumadin. When they did finally refer me to a blood disorder specialist doctor, I found out that I had no pre-disposition for blood clots (DVD), and the doctor told me that Ortho-Indy could have easily prevented these blood clots if they'd had put me on a low dose of blood thinner immediately following the surgery. Based on this result, I can't recommend Ortho-Indy/IOH or my doctor. I wrote the CEO and asked for a refund, and which she refused. OrthoIndy is deserving on this poor review.

Submitted April 6, 2015

Value

I trust IN Ortho Hosp with my life. the staff 100+, Doctors 101+, and surgical staff 150++

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

Value

Best hospital ever!!! Every staff member was respectful, helpful & you could sense they took great pride working in the hospital. I think other health care facilities should look at the way this one is set up. They might learn something.... Like patient care/safety is about the entire TEAM. Love this place. I felt like I was on vacation! Congrats to everyone & job well done! Thanks & I will be back!!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Doctors at INDIANA ORTHOPAEDIC HOSPITAL

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.