Lakewood Ranch medical Center

Hospital

Rate Lakewood Ranch medical Center

Ratings for Lakewood Ranch medical Center

Value

On October 31, Dr Cottom performed a total ankle replacement at this facility. I had a 3 day stay at Lakewood and in my professional opinion, I have never Seen such a clean hospital. The nurses, doctors, aides were extremely compassionate and responded within seconds of my calling for them. My room number was 310, so I hope Lakewood knows how wonderful their staff is. Paul was my Day Nurse and Kevin was later. I have never been treated so well at any hospital until Lakewood. Not only was I treated so well, the kitchen staff was excellent. The food was not like hospital food, it was very good and fresh. I HIHHLY RECOMMEND Lakewood Hospital. Thank you Dr Cottom for your choice in Lakewood. BTW, they have great physical therapists too.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Value

There are hospitals and institutions.........this is an institution. I give the physicians a grade of "c" and the nursing staff and well deserved "f". This is a place one should NOT go to under any circumstances.........not if you value good and honest communication and care. This "hospital" should close for at least a year and carefully evaluate what their purpose is and how each member of the current staff is or is not achieving specific and measurable patient care objectives, clinic care by nursing staff and physician communications and overall patient outcomes. This "institution" is not a place to go when there are good hospitals in Sarasota and elsewhere.....where care is not an exercise is guessing when you might have surgery if required nor nurses who lie resulting in patient care being compromised.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Value

I had a hip prosthesis in January 2015. During surgery, while I was under anesthesia, a Foley catheter balloon was inflated in my urethra instead of in the bladder. The urethra was ruptured and bled. I am now incontinent. This was unpardonable incompetence. I have received no response to my complaint through the Florida Board of Health. Patient beware.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

Value

I have had excellent care every time I have been here. Last experience was early February. The ER was jammed, and these Doctors and nurses literally ate on the run, if they ate at all. Everyone pitched in...my room was right across from the nurses' station, and I was in that ER room for over 10 hours until the had a bed available. There are only 2 hospitals I will go to...(I live in N. Manatee Co.)...Lakewood Ranch and Doctor's in Sarasota.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Value

absolutely horrible experience in the er and then once admitted it took two days for the doctor to come see me

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Value

Maybe the best thing Lakewood Ranch med center did was sent us to an amazing holistic doctor. His name is Dr. Bino rucker. email is info@rejuvenate-you.org. Bravo lwr med center for being on forefront of holistic medicine!! Dr Rucker's team does intravenous nutrition, hyperbaric treatments, and ozone therapy. Bravo!!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Value

Unfortunately, having experienced their terrible "care" several times, I'm not comfortable giving them any stars! It's the most awful hospital I have ever experienced. If you plan on staying healthy, I would definitely find another facility or a good lawyer! I do hope that one day, they'll get it right?

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

Horrible emergency room.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Value

This is the second hospital I've been in over the past 12 months. I found this hospital to be a notch better than my 'good' experience with a previous hospital. The nursing care and flexibility with meals were outstanding!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

Doctors at Lakewood Ranch medical Center

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.