Malcom Randall VA Medical Center

Hospital

Rate Malcom Randall VA Medical Center

Ratings for Malcom Randall VA Medical Center

Value

Terrible place! If you have a choice then don't go to this place

flag | Submitted July 14, 2018

Value

The overall idea of a hospital is to prolong life, improve quality of life, and assist the mind and body to heal. In my 13 year experience, first as an employee, this facility looks to fit the part. It has all the appropriate bells and whistles, except adequate staff. Half the doctors are zombied robots following computer prompts. The good ones resign. It takes months to get anything done, with great amount of difficulty, little to no communication, and FORGET IT, if you have PTSD or any other mental health problem. They just throw meds at you. If you want help, get a social worker who hears you. You must be on top of your doctors; follow up on your own referrals. Otherwise, you are never going to get it. Always ask for an outside referral for specialists. Very few at the VA are receptive. I have several issues and have been in almost every part of this hospital as a patient. I can name 3 Dr.s I would recommend of the probable hundreds that have had a hand in my care. From lab to neurology. My step-father was also a Veteran. He had always complained about his care at the Gainesville VA. I just thought he was a grumpy old man. Well... he was right for.being grumpy. As a nurse who worked at this facility, a daughter of a patient, and a Veteran myself, this facility has leeps and bounds to make. I can't give good rating for value... even though I get free care. It's that bad.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

Value

The Malcolm Randall VA Hospital has a great facility that covers just about any medical procedure that needs to be done. To me, as a patient, i2think that is a great quality to have.

Submitted March 25, 2016

Value

Stay far away from the Mental Health side of things there.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

Doctors at Malcom Randall VA Medical Center

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.