St Agnes

Hospital

Rate St Agnes

Ratings for St Agnes

Value

I have been to St. Agnes on many occasions and actually, at one point, considered it my home away from home. I've enjoyed great care there. They made me as comfortable as could be expected under the circumstances. I have no teeth and the dieticians noticed I was leaving a lot of my food. They came up to my room and worked with me on a menu that would suit me. The chef even came up and spoke with me. I have to say, they gave me food that was not only soft enough for me to eat but, it was actually tasty. The chef gave me some tips I could use at home. I never thought I'd Bragg on hospital food, but there you have it! Thank you St. Agnes. I'm glad to be able to go there when I need to.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

Value

Heart surgery and care way way beyond the top 10 stars !!!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Value

Experiences over the last few decades have declined, significantly. The services that are provided are mediocre at best, and fall short of medical standards and protocol. Almost to a fault, there are better facilities in the Fresno medical community and certainly elsewhere. I would be hard pressed to say that my personal experiences would be considered patient/family oriented, respectful, timely. Medical care has been mediocre at best, with hospitalists on their staff that have been noted not to take the time or interest to know the background history of patients they are treating, nor seemingly make more than a cursory appearance for re-evaluation during admission. The hospital billing department, in spite of the negligence of care, is "Johnny on the Spot" to make sure they get paid, to the point of requesting deposits on projected balances before discharge, even when health insurance has been verified.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Value

My husband was taken to St. Agnes by ambulance, by the time I got there, they had sat him in a wheelchair (a wooden seat one), and left him in the waiting room! He was in massive pain (back pain) and no one seemed to care! Everyone there seemed to not be as bad off as he was and he was moaning and moaning in pain. I thought they would take him right away since he came in by ambulance, but our total wait time was 5 hours! I thought when the ambulance took him in, they took all his information regarding our insurance (since I gave it to the ambulance drivers). Anyway, we sat there with him groaning for 5 hours!!!! I asked if he could lie down, they said the beds were all full! I tried to make him a place on the floor but it was just too hard. Finally get him in to see the doctor, after all this time and the doctor FINALLY looked at him. My husband told him he needed something for pain, his back was at a 10plus level. He was hurt many years ago and has in horrible pain which is usually controlled with pain meds, but once in awhile he has flare ups and needs a little more (usually a shot). After another hour, the doctor came back and told us, "sorry but we do not treat chronic pain in this hospital, you need to go to your pain doctor!" I could not believe this, his doctor was out of town and it was Jan 1st - A HOLIDAY! We will never go back to this hospital again. Oh and by the way, we got a HUGE bill from the doctor, because they said we had no medical insurance!!! If they would have told me the ambulance drivers did not give them our insurance information, I would have given it to them while we were there!!! Try not to ever go this emer

Submitted April 14, 2015

Value

Having to be in the hospital or have a love one there is never a great experience, but St. Agnes has always been pleasant. From when I had my surgery there in 2010 and through my husband's leg amputation surgery and gas gangrene treatment, they have always been reassuring and mostly wonderful people. My husband almost died and was in CCU for four days. It is very strictly run in there but with a heart. He was there on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and were visited by the pastor of the chapel several times. It's never a wonderful time but I have had surgery at both of the other two major hospitals in Fresno and St. Agnes is definitely my preference.

Submitted October 28, 2014

Value

I was completely satisfied in all ways. I have used ST Agnes many times and have never had a bad experience.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Value

Less than impressed with the staff. Everyone except the night cafeteria cook has been rude and unpleasant. From the labor and delivery staff to the NICU the nurses have been miserable people to have contact with. They don't smile, won't provide a chair for someone standing; they seem so put out if you ask them a question. It's like they all hate their jobs and lives.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2012

Doctors at St Agnes

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.