Brookwood Medical Center

Hospital

Rate Brookwood Medical Center

Ratings for Brookwood Medical Center

Value

Father unfortunately admitted 3 times in 3 wks. Im certain after talking to admitting doc 3rd time, that he had prev been sent home with pulmonary embolus. The care is atrocious. He would be left for hours with a wet brief, unfed all day, and gasping for air without enough oxygen or a concern as to why. Dr. Salemi was cold, callus, uncaring and unwilling to take any resposibility. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to this place.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Value

I was admitted by my doctor. Although my insurance agreed to allow me to stay the three more days it would have taken for me to recover. Billing or head of administration decided to tell me since I couldn't walk up my steps to my home they could find me a shelter to go to. Like in a Homeless shelter. Smh I've never been spoke to or treated so poorly. I'll never go back to Brookwood for any matter. I filed an appropriate complaints. The woman was dealt with to my satisfaction. Still I'll never be back.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Value

Thyroidectomy at this facility in 2015. The surgeon, Dr. Riley Kent, work and results were phenomenal. Unfortunately, Dr. Kent's staff was fair at best. Seemed uncaring and unorganized. Very reactive opposed to proactive.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Value

I was in the hospital for 2 weeks with pneumonia. During that time, the heating system was broken. If the heat was on the temperature was around 80. The only option was to turn it off when it was 30 degrees outside. I feel like it made me sicker. After several days, my doctor was finally able to get them to move me to a different floor. Also, the whole time I was in that room, it was never cleaned, not even swept. Some of the nurses were good but the majority were very argumentative and some were just hateful if my family was not in the room with me. One nurse put me in an ice bath for my fever and forgot me for an hour. My fever was only 103 and the doctor said that should never should have been done. Finally, it was impossible to wheel an IV into the restroom because the threshold was so high. The nurse told me I could either wear a diaper or use a bedside toilet in the middle of the room because they couldn't help me. I will never be admitted there again.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Value

At Brookwood Hospital, I've had 3 children, gallbladder surgery, cyst removed, hysterectomy, bladder tuck, and countless check-ups with my gyn. I've loved everything about Brookwood for 43 years.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Value

Out dated and half way dirty. Nurses are not very responsive. Very expensive.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

Needs some TLC . Dirty rooms and bathrooms. Controlled in Dallas

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Value

Love this hospital and staff. I actually took my husband to the ER and he ended up getting admitted. While there we had 2 physicians and they both came in the room together and made one diagnosis that made our lives so much better. They have great bedside manner, they're professional, honest, dedicated, and down-to-earth. I wouldn't to any other hospital.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Value

very good nurses and support staff. I had a bad nausea reaction the following day after surgery and my nurse was EXCELLENT. Nurse Mary, as she was called, knew exactly what to do and took complete charge.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

Value

Love Dr Alex Child & Dr Karla Kenedy both are great doctors. Been seeing Dr Kennedy for 23 years

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Doctors at Brookwood Medical Center

Dr. Charles W. Robinett

Dr. Charles W. Robinett

Latest Rating

I went to this doctor when I became pregnant, very good man, very helpful even though I lost my baby he stood by me the whole entire time to make sure things was goo... Read more

Dr. John M. Morgan

Dr. John M. Morgan

Latest Rating

Best Doctor in Birmingham...straight forward an honest an very caring.

Dr. Thomas A. Staner

Dr. Thomas A. Staner

Latest Rating

Very knowledgeable, explain everything ever step of the way, great after surgery care, very successful surgery and a very satisfied patient. Highly recommended.

Dr. Cynthia H. Brown

Dr. Cynthia H. Brown

Latest Rating

Dr. Brown is fantastic! She is very intelligent and also communicates in a way that those of us who aren't medical professionals understand. Discussions with her are... Read more

Dr. C. GREGORY Banks

Dr. C. GREGORY Banks

Latest Rating

I was referred to him back in 2007 and that was the best decision I've ever made!!! He's the best at what he does. Totally love the fact he makes sure you're informe... Read more

Dr. Roxanne R. Travelute

Dr. Roxanne R. Travelute

Latest Rating

Dr. Travelute is a wonderful doctor. She is thorough, knowledgable and has a fantastic bedside manner. I highly recommend her.

Dr. Nathan M. Ross

Dr. Nathan M. Ross

Latest Rating

I went to see two doctors prior to him for my hysterectomy. Dr Ross was my third opinion. I am soooo glad I met with him, he is AWESOME Ladies. He prayed with me ... Read more

Dr. Greg E. Eudy

Dr. Greg E. Eudy

Latest Rating

I've been going to doctor Eudy a long time now over 8 years! He is a great Doctor and is very understanding he has helped me a lot in so many ways! He doesn't stop... Read more

Dr. Emily S. Riser

Dr. Emily S. Riser

Latest Rating

Staff unfriendly and not very knowledgeable of the disease or the medicines!

Dr. Gaylon R. Rogers

Dr. Gaylon R. Rogers

Latest Rating

Dr. will take time to talk about your needs. Has good office team.