GrandView Medical Center

Hospital

Rate GrandView Medical Center

Ratings for GrandView Medical Center

Value

Helpful staff, easy parking and entrance. Facility was clean and attractive.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

Value

In most hospitals an IV is started with an intracath. For the last ten years the injection site has been covered in a single clear adhesive edged cover. A port is available for blood draws. Grandview apparently can not afford to use this device. I endured blood draws every four hours by a phlebotomist who selected a new vein and stuck me. I know this seems trivial, but it indicates to me that GV places profits before patient care. After two, days of this $84,000 nightmare I elected to voluntarily check out. My nurse looked at me and told me that if I checked out early my insurance wouldn’t pay for my care. I called my carrier and was informed that everything would be covered. Beware of shiny new hospitals. They’re attractive, but may not be the best. I will never stay in this place again.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Value

Nice newer facility. However I found it not to be very clean. I’ve visited a friend several times. I always see things that need to be cleaned but the last time was the worst. The bed she was put in still had dried urine on it where it appeared a catheter bag had hung previously. It also had dried blood splatters on it. I never see them wast their hands. It looks nice at first glance but take a second look. This was not the first time I saw things in the guest room that wasn’t clean. Once there was a large spot of dried blood on the shower curtain.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2018

Value

My mom just recently had her whole thyroid removed by Dr. Steve Pennington at Grandview Hospital. He is very professional, caring ,very informative, praying doctor. Everyone in my mom's care went above and beyond to take care of her. I highly recommend Grandview Hospital and staff also the top notch Advanced Surgeons. Beautiful Hospital!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

Value

Excellent nursing staff but they need more help! They seem to be doing the best they can but I had to wait too long for help because all of my caregivers were with other patients. Administration should be ashamed of how many patients are assigned to each nurse and nursing assistants.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

Value

The facilities are nice. The food is nice, but some of the nursing staff leaves a lot to be desired (or at least the CNA or whatever she was I had for 3 nights while I was there. I had knee replacement surgery & no one to stay with me the night of surgery. She didn’t want to help me go to the restroom even though I had the yellow wrist band on that said I was a fall risk. She told me I could get up on my on. When I questioned her about the wrist band, she told me they put that on everybody. The 3 nights I was there, she was there & never wanted to help me.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

Value

Awesome staff, beautiful facility- overall the best healthcare experience ever!!!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Latest Rating

My favorite MD ever! I love Dr. Summers. Nobody like him! I recommend his weight loss program to anyone! I love the Montclair Road location with his daughter, Ka... Read more

Dr. Jay C. Long

Dr. Jay C. Long

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Latest Rating

Dr Long performed hernia surgery on my husband over a year ago. Dr. Long went way beyond helping my husband. We were so grateful. When I visited Dr. Long myself I ... Read more

Dr. Robert A. Levin

Dr. Robert A. Levin

Latest Rating

We love Dr. Levin, so much that we drive an hour and half every time our son gets sick!

Dr. Scott V. Appell

Dr. Scott V. Appell

Latest Rating

Had two knee surgeries and still in major pain! Just told to do more PT. Really?????

Dr. Dale M. Greene

Dr. Dale M. Greene

Latest Rating

Best doctor in the world, he is so kind and understanding

Dr. James P. Beretta

Dr. James P. Beretta

Latest Rating

He is a great doctor. He has done nothing but help me when others experimented. They made things much worse. I guess that's why they call it practicing medicine.

Dr. Michael S. Hammer

Dr. Michael S. Hammer

Latest Rating

Dr.Michael Hammer was my pain management Dr. in 1998,he is a wonderful Dr. who cares about his patients well being and really listen to their concern and does all he... Read more

Dr. James R. Dollar

Dr. James R. Dollar

Latest Rating

He is awesome. I have met him once and was very impresses with his thoroughness.

Dr. Stanley Keith Lochridge

Dr. Stanley Keith Lochridge

Latest Rating

Excellent caring physician cares for patients as if they were his family....excellent surgeon

Dr. Ladonna P. Richardson

Dr. Ladonna P. Richardson

Latest Rating

Dr. Richardson is caring, thorough and explains each item discussed completely.