Credit Valley Hospital

Hospital

Rate Credit Valley Hospital

Ratings for Credit Valley Hospital

Value

Went there on 2 occasions and it was the worst experience I ever had, Nurse station is very loud during shiff change. I would rather go the vet up the street !! Avoid this hospital at all cost!!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2019

Value

My husband was in ICU with Kidney failure, the nurses there were top notch, the best of the best, couldn’t expect anything more. When he was transferred to the second floor unit B, absolutely horrible experience, he had a tracheotomy and needed to be suctioning regularly but could never get a nurse as their nurses all huddled around the front desk on their phones, laughing and giggling showing each other pictures, I’m guessing Facebook. When the nurse finally arrived they didn’t seem to have a clue as to what they were doing. The young male nurse that showed up started suctioning and was spinning it like a top rather than doing it slowly. My husband was coughing so hard he couldn’t catch his breath and the idiot nurse just continued. After the second day, my husband told me he was going to die there if he didn’t get out from that floor, his blood pressure kept dropping to a low rate and again could not get any help. Three weeks later, again his blood pressure dropped so low that by the time a nurse finally decided to show up, they had to rush him back up to ICU, too little, too late. Few hours later he did die. I would rather die on the street then to be taken to this hospital after what they did to my husband. The nurses on this floor are the worst of the worst. They seem to think their job is a joke!!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2019

Value

I ever seen a such mediocre services in my life. Nurses and doctors treat patients with segregation instead they asked what is your pain, they treat them based on their name and boulot. I have seen how they treat white people compared to visible minority. They give notice on the spot even three days without the patient is asking. They give stand to those they don’t need it. Anyways I did no see in centre care E any nurse or staff acting professionally, all of them act the same way.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2019

Value

Hospital is not very clean . Negligence on part of staff on the floor to care for patients . Emergency services are for the bird . Likely to die before they get to see you and then send you home without treatment

flag | Submitted April 30, 2019

Value

My recent experience with CVH seems to run counter to the experience of many other posters in that it was a truly exceptional positive experience. One reason may be that CVH is one of the best kidney surgery and treatment hospitals in the GTA which was the reason I was there. In December of 2018 I had my right kidney removed due to cancer by one of the most talented surgeons, Dr. Andrew Feifer, and his team. The outcome of the surgery was a complete success with minimal pain and discomfort using some of the latest and innovative techniques. At this time I also had occasion to spend 3 days recovering in the ICU where I found the quality of the care to be excellent. I was deeply impressed by how the ICU crew worked together as team to ensure my swift recovery. The deep focus on creating and maintaining a postive patient experience even carried down to the cleaning staff. I can't imagine that I could have received a better 5-star experience or treatment anywhere else. If you have kidney challenges, look no further than CVH!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2019

Value

Had surgery for a hernia there. They pushed me out the door one hour after the surgery. It was painful and the surgeon didnt explain that my hernia was really large and that my recovery time would be increased. Lucky i found an old man willing to help me into my car from the wheelchair.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2018

Value

Dr. Tin performed a double inguinal hernia surgery on me in Feb 2017 at the Credit Valley hospital. It failed in less than one year. Dr Tin's surgery resulted in severe bruising and testicles swollen to the size of a large grapefruit which resolved after six weeks of severe pain. I also ended up with a complication know as a seroma. As I did not have any post operative infections the early failure of the hernia repair was almost certainly due to Dr. Tin's poor surgical technique. The Shouldice surgeon told me the reason the first repair had failed was because the hernial sac was not touched and mesh was just put over top. They also mentioned that if the left side was not giving me any symptoms it was not necessary to operate on. So it looks like Dr. Tin did an unnecessary procedure as well. I spoke to a lawyer about suing for malpractice but the doctors in Ontario have a multi billion dollar defense fund and they will abuse the legal process and drag out the litigation for 4-5 years and then offer a paltry sum which will not even cover your legal costs. I hope future potential victims of Dr Tin will see this review before they make the mistake of allowing him to harm them. I don't know if this was a one off mistake or he has a history of poor results but no way I would take a chance with him. Credit Valley Hospital should be ashamed to allow this man to harm patients the way he does.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2018

Value

The worst emergency services , they left me 2 nights on the chair with severe pain in my Galblader with the Morfin injection in my hand keep telling me either no bed available or no operation room available till my Gallblader got severely infected ,

flag | Submitted November 23, 2018

Value

Disgusting care for the elderly oncology patients. My mom has aggressive gastric cancer and there is no sense of urgency. Stay away from this oncology department at all costs. Ethics board will always favour the young and hearty and don't care for the elderly. STAY AWAY!!!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018

Value

Great hospital, had one annoying female Indian doctor who treated my sick grandmother as a number rather than a patient. Dislike her, but hospital overall is doing great for what it has to deal with. Patient wait time could get better, better organizing.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

Doctors at Credit Valley Hospital

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.