Juravinski Hospital

Hospital

Rate Juravinski Hospital

Ratings for Juravinski Hospital

Value

this is a terrible hospital, from top to bottom!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

Value

Excellent doctor and staff in surgery department for hip replacement - top notch. Almost the exact opposite after surgery on ward. Mixed 4 bed ward is uncomfortable and certainly not private. (I have private coverage, requested it but didn't get it). Ward filthy - garbage picked up by some nurses but others left it there (bloody gauze, etc.) . Rooms not cleaned or floors mopped in 4 days I was there . Bathroom stunk and supposedly cleaned (?) once a day. Day nurses better than most night nurses but still overworked. Beds not changed even after patients had 'accidents'....just another mat put on top to cover it. Nurses in training along with their preceptor were fabulous. Pre surgical staff were excellent, Dr. de Beer and team EXCELLENT but post surgery staff overworked and hurried and care varied but the over riding problem was filth. Where are the cleaning staff and why is this not a priority considering that infections can run rampant in hospitals. The filthy rooms overshadowed everything else and left me with a very negative impression of the facility.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Value

Took my husband here for a liver stent replacement. Everyone we met were pleasant and very helpful. Also out one of pr We are very pleased with the service and the outcome of the procedure my husband had done here. The only concern was the exorbitant costs of parking. It must be very hard on some families to have to park here.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2017

Value

Went to ER because I injured my foot. X-rays were taken on the assumption my ankle may be broken. After they came back, doctor examined me and was baffled. No fractures showing. Was assigned to fracture doctor at McMaster week later. Found out after X- rays there, heel bone fractured. Very poor diagnosis at Juravinski. Maybe CT scan done when doc. confused. Problem to, ER was like a war zone. Worst hospital in Hamilton

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Value

A relative died recently, but while he/she was alive, they received fantastic treatment, and so did the family. Thank you so very much for caring for my relative while he was alive. You went beyond the call of duty and we wish to mention that we appreciated this very much. God bless you all, forevermore, in the peace of Christ Jesus Our Lord. Oct 21st, Saturday, 2017, 11:00 am. "KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYBODY."

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

Value

garbage. garbage. garbage. garbage. garbage. garbage. garbage.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Value

The worse hospital in Hamilton. They co-habitats pts. I was in a 4 bed room (I have private coverage) with 3 other men. Nursing care is sub standard as they chat, loudly around the nursing station about who will win a TV show for 25min ignoring family standing right there concerned about their very ill family member. It's filthy, toilets not cleaned regularly (once a day). After being in with 3 men, I was wiping their urine off the seat or floor. I drive right by Juravanski and go to Oakville or Toronto. It's a shame I have to do this when I live 10 min from this hospital.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Could not be more satisfied with my hip surgery. Thank you Dr. Winemaker

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Value

Do not take your loved one in need of health care to this hospital. Rather, run. No communication from doctors, colleagues to family. Patients become even more unhealthy at this hospital. Appalling to witness. This is completely unacceptable for Canadian Healthcare to its citizens and tax payers. Every tax payer that has worked for well over 30 years HAS paid for health care! They are definitely entitled to great services with nurses and doctors that have compassion. Every person should be treated with respect and dignity especially our aging elders. We will ALL be old one day and if we accept this terrible manner now....God help us later. The staff at Juravinsky needs to re-think the people they hire from management to everyone down from that chain. They need to hire people that actually care, that will communicate and work efficiently and diligently - have compassion toward their patients. This is not what this hospital hires at present. Very sad and shameful.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Value

Worst hospital in Ontario. Don't come here we're run on greed and money. I went to Er with chest pains and they said without even listening to my heart I was ok. i told the rude doctor to run tests and he agreed on ECG but no tropes. He saw my 8uniform and trearted me like dirt. I ahet everything about this once great hospital

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Doctors at Juravinski Hospital

Dr. George Stallwood

Dr. George Stallwood

Latest Rating

Staff are very pleasant and helpful. Dr. Stallwood is straight forward, clear and very easy to talk to. He was always on time. He explained everything and gave opti... Read more