Juravinski Hospital

Hospital

Rate Juravinski Hospital

Ratings for Juravinski Hospital

Value

garbage. garbage. garbage. garbage. garbage. garbage. garbage.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Value

The worse hospital in Hamilton. They co-habitats pts. I was in a 4 bed room (I have private coverage) with 3 other men. Nursing care is sub standard as they chat, loudly around the nursing station about who will win a TV show for 25min ignoring family standing right there concerned about their very ill family member. It's filthy, toilets not cleaned regularly (once a day). After being in with 3 men, I was wiping their urine off the seat or floor. I drive right by Juravanski and go to Oakville or Toronto. It's a shame I have to do this when I live 10 min from this hospital.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Could not be more satisfied with my hip surgery. Thank you Dr. Winemaker

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Value

Do not take your loved one in need of health care to this hospital. Rather, run. No communication from doctors, colleagues to family. Patients become even more unhealthy at this hospital. Appalling to witness. This is completely unacceptable for Canadian Healthcare to its citizens and tax payers. Every tax payer that has worked for well over 30 years HAS paid for health care! They are definitely entitled to great services with nurses and doctors that have compassion. Every person should be treated with respect and dignity especially our aging elders. We will ALL be old one day and if we accept this terrible manner now....God help us later. The staff at Juravinsky needs to re-think the people they hire from management to everyone down from that chain. They need to hire people that actually care, that will communicate and work efficiently and diligently - have compassion toward their patients. This is not what this hospital hires at present. Very sad and shameful.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Value

Worst hospital in Ontario. Don't come here we're run on greed and money. I went to Er with chest pains and they said without even listening to my heart I was ok. i told the rude doctor to run tests and he agreed on ECG but no tropes. He saw my 8uniform and trearted me like dirt. I ahet everything about this once great hospital

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Value

I first went to Jurvanski emergency on Feb 3rd 2017 I. I could not walk due to extreme pain in my left leg, it had been bothering me for for awhile. So, I went to Jurvanski emergency the nurse regent Erin was rude. When a doctor came to look at me he came across as I was looking for pain medication. He sent me for an xray came back said I had arthritis go home you will be fine Lee in a couple days. He was aloof and seemed annoyed I wasted his time. So I left emergency bought a cane to help with walking. On feb17 th 2017 walking down my hallway with my cane I heard a snap and experienced excruciating pain that was unbearable. I called out for help. Neighbors came to my rescue and called an ambulance. Ambulance took me to Jurvanski emergency after explain in I was there on 5 he 3rd. We got to emergency they left me in the hallway nurses saying a room was not avaible for me...the pain was e so bad I was going in delirium. .the nurses started speaking angrily at me to be quiet there are other patients in here. I to 5 hem over and over again I was in intense pain..ease knock me out anything g I can not bear this pain anymore. They kept telling me to keep my mouth shut.after hours of excruciating pain 5 hey said there was a room avaible. The predict threw me on 5 he bed like a sack of potoes I cannot explain the pain. The doctor came in and seen me she believed I was lie in about my pain because I was there a week earlier and had xrays done. Another six hours went by and finally they sent me in for a xray. 5 he xray technicians were wonderful. They took 5 he xray and gently wrapped me in blankets and lifted me carefully to the bed. Doctor came in and said she was sorry that I had a very bad break. I had to have surgery and have a metal rod put into my leg from hip to k e. It was the kind of break the surgeon said that you get in a bad car accident. I was diagnosed with a rare bone disease. MARBLE BONES. I tell everybody I meet Do Not Go To Jurvanski Emergency they do not care if your in pain. They were rude nasty to me. I have seen dog in a veterinarian clinic be treated better than I was. If I can save one person from the experience I had at Jurvanski emergency writing this review will been worth it. Please please if you are in any kind of pain DO NOT GO TO THIS EMERGENCY. .go to St.Josephs anywhere but Jurvanski. .Rhonda Atkinson..

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Value

The worst hospital. Never again there. Some of doctors being rude showing poor bed manners .

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Value

So thankful for the genuine amazing care at Juravinski Hospital ER. They are a very caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable staff.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Value

I worked at this hospital for 5 years so I've seen the best and the worst of it. In the early hours of July 28, 2016, I was taken by ambulance to the Juravinski ER with incredible abdominal pain, vomiting and shortness of breath that came on suddenly at 3 am. The EMS and firemen were wonderful with me while they tended to me at my home. They had me on oxygen within minutes and did an ECG which had very irregular results. I could not even stand (I was in atrial fibrillation and was very weak) and so they actually lifted me into a chair, carried me outside, and then lifted me into the stretcher. I was home alone and they made sure I had everything I needed and locked up my house before we left. I am a regular patient in the ER and so many of the staff know who I am. When we arrived at the ER, a nurse I knew well was charge and she took one look at me and said, "it's bad isn't it?". My heart rate was super high (150+) but my blood pressure super low (70/40). Within a few minutes, I was transferred to a stretcher in the trauma room and a few nurses began working on getting an IV in me while the doctor asked me questions. I don't remember a whole lot but I know bloodwork was done and I received some pain and nausea medications. I stayed in the trauma room for quite some time. After several hours and a few blood tests, my vitals had regulated enough that I was transferred to an acute care bed in the ER. I remember I'd seen several doctors since I'd come in around 3 am. All the while, I had been texting my family as I knew something was wrong and I was going to be admitted to hospital. Somewhere around the dinner hour, a doctor came in and told me I was having a heart attack. I thought he was joking. I was only 36 years old and honestly didn't think a heart attack was possible at my age. Plus I hadn't really had any chest pain. I got very emotional as I was scared and my parents were out of town. The charge nurse from the night before came back on shift at 7 pm and she came right over to see me. I started crying and she was incredibly comforting. I've since had the chance to thank her and hug her. Her sincerity and true empathy really were a blessing in a time of extreme fear and loneliness. She is an example of what nursing should be. I will forever be grateful to her. Shortly after I was diagnosed, I was very quickly transferred to the ICU where I was immediately hooked up to a million different things. I needed a blood transfusion, glucose because my blood sugar had tanked, oxygen, a catheter, you name it, I got it. The nurses and doctors in the ICU were fantastic. I don't remember any of their names or much of my night in the ICU. I do remember being transferred by ambulance down to the General the next day it was a very bumpy ride and when they took me out of the ambulance, the sun and heat were overwhelming. I was taken directly to the Heart Investigation Unit. I do not remember anything else about my 3 days at the General. It turned out I had two 100% blockages in my left coronary artery. One blockage was stented. After my stent, I went into congestive heart failure. I was intubated, sedated and restrained as I kept trying to pull out my IVs, central line and the breathing tube. I don't remember any of this-it was all told to me second-hand. My understanding is that my condition was quite frail during that time. I woke up on the Monday, July 31, back at the Juravinski in the CICU. I was very lucky to be alive. The staff in the CICU were incredible. The level of care was second-to-none. Nurses in the ICU and CICU have such hard jobs. They are constantly monitoring their patients and sometimes have to make split-second decisions without a doctor around. What they do is incredible! Over the next few days I began to recover slowly and received lots of encouragement from the nurses, doctors and physiotherapists. Even the social worker came to visit me to make sure I had lots of support at home. I was released on August 3, exactly a week after my heart attack. I was told by several people that had I not called 911, I likely would have died alone in my home and no one would have found me right away. Over the years I've had my share of negative ER experiences. And even the night I was brought in, I thought I may have been brushed off as I'd been there just a day or two before and had been there a lot in the weeks prior. But the physicians and nurses did not make any assumptions and continued their investigations until they found out what was wrong. I could have easily been sent home after my initial bloodwork was "normal". Every hospital has its good and bad qualities. Every hospital has its weak areas. But after my life literally being saved at the Juravinski, the pros far outweigh the cons. The wait times in their ER are astronomically long if you aren't at death's door (and even then you may have to wait). But a lot of that waiting is because people don't seem to understand what the ER is for. The ER is for emergencies. Life-or-death situations. If more people used common sense and took advantage of the two HUGE Urgent Care centres we have, the ERs (and subsequently the wards) would be less backed up and wait times would go down. Unfortunately, the Juravinski is the only hospital on Hamilton mountain, is attached to the regional cancer centre and is known for its orthopaedic program, so it's a high-volume hospital on a GOOD day. When folks with minor injuries, cuts, headaches, a cough, rashes, etc choose the ER over Urgent Care, it slows the system right down.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Value

I was sent in after being struck by a car with severe leg pain they made me walk (my friend had to carry me) to be looked at before sending me to the waiting room after four hours they took x-rays and gave me crutches and told me to walk on it as much as possible. I assumed I was fine if they told me to walk it off and went to the walk in to get a note to let me go back to work upon arriving they took more x-rays and told me I shouldn't be walking at all and there was a fracture in my knee that was getting worse because I was doing what the hospital said and was walking on it. In the end I was back in a brace and sent to a specialist and physio. If I hadn't gotten the second opinion I would have needed a knee replacement at 19 because they didn't take the time to read the x-rays properly.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Doctors at Juravinski Hospital

Dr. George Stallwood

Dr. George Stallwood

Latest Rating

Outstanding Doctor!!! Would recommend him to any of my family members. His staff is fabulous and he was able to quickly refer me to the specialist needed. Thank you ... Read more