Juravinski Hospital

Hospital

Rate Juravinski Hospital

Ratings for Juravinski Hospital

Value

Had a total hip replacement. Couldn’t beleive the lack of communication from the hospital to eachother. The #1 thing they stressed at my pre op was pain control. And in my case I was a high tolerance case. That’s why you go to pre op to figure this out. Well that wasn’t related back to hospital. My pain was at a 10 for 12 hours before anyone would do anything to help me. No compassion nurses just told me what I wanted to hear. Said they couldn’t do anything the doctor was in surgury. Which I found out later was a lie. There were 2 amazing nurses that saved me, Natalie young very caring nurse and Merima. If it wasn’t for her I don’t know what would have happened to me. I haven’t cried since I was a teenager and I was crying like a baby with pain till she took over on the night shift. June (a nurse) lied to me and caused me so much pain with 0 compassion. This was one of the worst experiences of my life and I can’t beleive they made me do 3 days of pre Op to inform me of everything, gave me spend money on hotel because I’m out of town. Then not communicate to there own staff. Not to mention I had to stay extra day in hospital and pay another 300 a night before I couldn’t move the first day because pain stalled my improvement. Nurses are lazy I would push call button and no one would respond for 30 minutes but I can hear them chatting at desk. Something needs to change at this hospital. There are some good people there but protocol and communication is a joke. I don’t want this to happen to the next person but I’m not sure what I can do because every higher up I talked to at hospital didn’t seem to care.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

Value

The staff in the emergency department in the night is a joke! Especially the nurses! Racist, very rude if you’re coloured, and they are super lazy! They do not move unless they think it’s necessary! Most of them just sit around and stick to their phones. The rest are busy laughing and talking to each other as if they are attending a party!!!! The bathrooms are filthy. The floors are filthy! They entire staff of nurses needs to be properly trained. None of the nurses there are even trained to put on a surgical bandage! Yet they work in the “emergency department “. If this isn’t a joke then what is?!? This is what our taxes are paying for???? What the heck is the government doing???

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

Value

Some staff top notch but wards dirty especially the bathroom which constantly smelt of urine. Food is also very poor both is selection and quality. If one did not have an advocate than a lot of important issues would have been missed. An unfortunate experience all round. Sorry....

flag | Submitted May 12, 2018

Value

I had half my liver removed and one of your nurses literally tortured me by not giving me ANY pain killers...when I used the help button she laughed at me. Her name was Daniella (extremely loud woman with dark hair, I understand there may be multiple women with this name there so don’t want to blame the wrong person) and this was on February 4th/5th, two years ago (I had sent an email) I tried to call 911 but my phone died. It felt like a knife going into my back every time I tried to breathe in...I was praying for death. I’m having reoccurring mental trauma from this. Watch who you hire...there also needs to be a review given to ALL patients after leaving the hospital!!! If you are staying overnight here make sure you have a friend/family member to watch out for you! The actual surgeons and doctors are excellent and it is just this one sadistic nurse...pray to God she isn’t still working here.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

Value

The standards of care at this hospital are inconsistent. It is not entirely the staff's fault. The government needs to step up and ensure hospitals are not understaffed as an obligation to its citizens. Communication is lacking among physicians, nurses, residents and especially with patients and skills in communicating with patients is poor and most often vague. When you check in with a patient and his family, provide your name and role. Be considerate of a patient's age and how they may be feeling. Remember they are ill. Give of your time sufficiently to answer questions instead of looking annoyed at families because you want to get to your next patient. It is about life and death. It is about quality of life. It is about care. The patient means something to someone: he or she is a mother, father, grandparent, spouse, partner, child . The patient is more than a body. Stop looking at them with a clinical eye and begin to see you are treating human beings. Seniors are treated horribly from being told they will be going home, or have no reason to be in hospital and then all of a sudden end up staying. This place is disorganized. Modeling to residents is poor. Some nurses and doctors are outstanding while others lack empathy and complain of having to deal with the worst patients .... in front of patients and family. Staff is in need of professional development. Having stated all this, there are some gems among those that bring the place down. Those gems should be given the role to coach and model to others. This is not just a 9 to 5 job to punch in and out at, but a responsibility to LIFE.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

Value

Like others have mentioned, the surgeons are good but the stay not so much. It is a hospital, I am not expecting the Ritz but the wards are noisy and most of it is due to nurses chatting. A person in my room had an alarm going off and pressed the call button. No one came until a patient hobbled down to the nursing station where they were watching videos on a phone. They "clean" regularly but not all areas. They would wipe the bars on your bed, but not the floor on the ortho ward where many can't bend to put on shoes. The bathrooms are even worse. They empty urinal bottles into the toilet splashing but never flush so it stinks across the room. There are some amazing doctors and nurses out there, including at Juravinski but they are overshadowed by the bad ones

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Value

One doctor for the entire er!!!!! Is this a joke?! I came into the Er with a friend who was suffering from severe stomach pains. We arrived around 4am and as soon as we arrived we should of left. The moment we got there the nurse who checked us in was more occupied with her phone than providing us with half decent service. Once we were in the back the nurse that was dealing with us was extremely rude. No manners by any means. We informed her that my friend was not a fan of needles and she just happened to put a needle in his arm that was "broken" whatever that means. Than she asked another nurse to put the IV in for her for wharever reason. At 10:30 pm with no one coming to check on us, I asked for an estimate on how long it was going to take to see a doctor. The nurses response, "well we only have one doctor and shes saving a life right now, so everyone will have to wait" besides the fact that her answer was extremely condescending, it was completely unnecessary. I understand that there are other patients but a wait time of 4 hours without being checked on its inappropriate. HORRIBLE RUDE NURSES WHO CLEARLY HATE THEIR JOBS!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Value

terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

Value

Our family member was abandoned by Doctor at Juravinski and had life threatening healthcare decisions made by first year medical students resulting in death !

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

Value

Not meeting the minimum targets and not improving - waited almost 5 hours to be seen by doc in ER and another hour for pain meds. Surgery took 2 days. Post-op ward was horrible.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

Doctors at Juravinski Hospital

Dr. George Stallwood

Dr. George Stallwood

Latest Rating

Dr.Stallwood and his staff are friendly and knowledgeable. Good conversation was had with all