Wesley and Wesley Medical Center

Hospital

Rate Wesley and Wesley Medical Center

Ratings for Wesley and Wesley Medical Center

Value

I had surgery and both pre and post operative support at the Wesley from January 2018 through March 2018. From the first appointment the staff have been fantastic. from admission through to discharge I felt that I was in good hands. I'd like to particularly say thanks to Rachel Oxford for her support and of course the ward 7E nursing staff. Thank you.... Rob

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

Value

Very unprofessional nurses who were performing an ECG on my 17 year old daughter prior to her surgery. They did it with the curtain open despite her breasts being completely exposed. When my daughter tried to cover herself up the nurse snapped at her in a raised voice “keep still!.” Absolutely no treatment of dignity for their patients. She was also given a pelvic exam whilst she was under the anaesthetic without us being informed beforehand. We still do not understand why this was performed as the doctor gave no clear indication other than to “check everything was all OK.” Her procedure was not a gynaecological one nor did she have any gynaecological concerns, one we both fail to understand why this was performed. We certainly will not be attending this hospital again as they clearly do not perform patient centred practice.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

Value

I was a private patient in the maternity ward and had a shared bathroom with another patient. Numerous times we asked for the napkin bin to be emptied and it wasn’t. It was overflowing when I got the room. Disgusting! One night I wanted sleep due to unsettled baby and asked for my baby to spend the night in the nursery, they said ok and then a couple of hours later they tell me I have to look after my baby because he was disturbing the other babies. Not impressed!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Value

I came to have my Foot operated on. I was happy with all nurses beside the one asian nurse that was quite comfortable to tell me that i should hope that they don’t chop the toe OFF. This put me into panic. As i saw this nurse only before i went into operating room Other nurses have taken over from this not very professional nurse. I could not belive this.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Value

Great short stay, staff were very helpful and I was kept informed of what was going on.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Value

Post op ward was excellent 10 out of 10 and then went to rehad section what a contrast 1 out of 10 small cramped room and the shared bathroom was disgrace as never cleaned after the other aptient who had bowel problems

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Value

The Wesley would be one of the best hospitals in the country

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Value

My experience with this hospital was very unsatisfactory. I had day surgery just recently and the treatment I received afterwards was not a pleasant experience. I have promised myself to never go back.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017

Value

The surgeon performed a thorough pelvic examination on my wife whilst she was under a general anaesthetic for a different routine, non-urgent, unrelated procedure, which left her sore internally and bleeding... Please note my wife did not go to the surgeon with any gynaelogical complaints. Asked the surgeon why it was done when my wife was not informed prior and especially the surgeon was not a gynecologist or specialising in this area. The surgeon said it was done to see what kind of surgery need to be provided and then told my wife to stop asking questions about it. This does not make sense as (a) if it needed to be done to establish what surgery needed to be done, why was this not explained to my wife prior to surgery and (b) it doesn't make sense that it would need to be done in the first place as the issue was not a gynealogical one. Consulted with a different surgeon who also thought it was very strange that it was performed. The pelvic examination was not noted on the operation report sent to my treating doctor. This was extremely upsetting to my wife, and we still do not have a clear answer as to why it was done. This has destroyed her trust in medical professionals and cause her severe psychological distress. I would not recommend this hospital to anyone. I am a reasonable man and I understand mistakes do happen, but this was appalling for my wife and I to go through and I would recommend to anyone to be very careful around consent and medical procedures if you attend this hospital.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

Value

Over the past 18 months several members of our family have needed surgical and medical treatment, including a heart bypass and other major surgery. We are so grateful for the Wesley! The organizational culture is excellent, as are the medical and other services. As an older person with less happy prior experiences of being hospitalized elsewhere, I am constantly amazed by the cheerful, efficient model of care which extends throughout the Wesley. You will be in good hands here.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Doctors at Wesley and Wesley Medical Center

Dr. Anthony (Tony) Wild

Dr. Anthony (Tony) Wild

Latest Rating

Dr Wild has supported me through many struggles over the last 3 years. He has been there for me every step of the way. He is extremely caring, understanding and know... Read more