Wesley and Wesley Medical Center

Wesley and Wesley Medical Center

Hospital

Rate Wesley and Wesley Medical Center

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Wesley and Wesley Medical Center

Value

Great short stay, staff were very helpful and I was kept informed of what was going on.

Submitted July 3, 2017 | flag

Value

Post op ward was excellent 10 out of 10 and then went to rehad section what a contrast 1 out of 10 small cramped room and the shared bathroom was disgrace as never cleaned after the other aptient who had bowel problems

Submitted May 12, 2017 | flag

Value

The Wesley would be one of the best hospitals in the country

Submitted April 16, 2017 | flag

Value

My experience with this hospital was very unsatisfactory. I had day surgery just recently and the treatment I received afterwards was not a pleasant experience. I have promised myself to never go back.

Submitted Feb. 5, 2017 | flag

Value

The surgeon performed a thorough pelvic examination on my wife whilst she was under a general anaesthetic for a different routine, non-urgent, unrelated procedure, which left her sore internally and bleeding... Please note my wife did not go to the surgeon with any gynaelogical complaints.

Asked the surgeon why it was done when my wife was not informed prior and especially the surgeon was not a gynecologist or specialising in this area. The surgeon said it was done to see what kind of surgery need to be provided and then told my wife to stop asking questions about it. This does not make sense as (a) if it needed to be done to establish what surgery needed to be done, why was this not explained to my wife prior to surgery and (b) it doesn't make sense that it would need to be done in the first place as the issue was not a gynealogical one. Consulted with a different surgeon who also thought it was very strange that it was performed.

The pelvic examination was not noted on the operation report sent to my treating doctor.

This was extremely upsetting to my wife, and we still do not have a clear answer as to why it was done. This has destroyed her trust in medical professionals and cause her severe psychological distress. I would not recommend this hospital to anyone.

I am a reasonable man and I understand mistakes do happen, but this was appalling for my wife and I to go through and I would recommend to anyone to be very careful around consent and medical procedures if you attend this hospital.

Submitted Dec. 31, 2016 | flag

Value

Over the past 18 months several members of our family have needed surgical and medical treatment, including a heart bypass and other major surgery. We are so grateful for the Wesley! The organizational culture is excellent, as are the medical and other services. As an older person with less happy prior experiences of being hospitalized elsewhere, I am constantly amazed by the cheerful, efficient model of care which extends throughout the Wesley. You will be in good hands here.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2016 | flag

Value

excellent hospital adn excelelnt care best in state

Submitted Nov. 13, 2016 | flag

Value

lack of nursing continuity and infections poor staff communication

Submitted Aug. 9, 2016 | flag

Value

I recently underwent prostate surgery and cardiac surgery - both very serious operations and both handled perfectly by wonderful professional nursing staff and excellent doctors. Cannot praise them enough.

Submitted July 24, 2016 | flag

Value

A surgeon went to great lengths to cover up and lie to the tribunal about what we claimed he did on discharge which wasn't the truth. He even had the unit manager lie about my BP which was very low, but stated it was normal. The tribunal stated that all complaints go before the AMA but this surgeon requested to not have it presented to the AMA so he Wouldn't. Be questioned. That is the Wesley standard of care. go there at your own risk. YOU have been warned.

Submitted May 16, 2015 | flag