Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital

Hospital

Rate Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital

Ratings for Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital

Value

Not one of the worst hospitals. But coming pretty darn close to it. Pain Management Department at the RBH Brisbane are rude, arrogant, uncaring , to their patient's and practically pretty much don't have any real understanding or aspect on compassion on the daily life and the struggles a patient may have to face while in chronic pain or discomfort for 24/7 and the Effects it has on the body and mental health.. Doctors don't want to actually listen to what the patient is saying about how the pain is affecting their daily lives or the daily issues that person has to face, or how the pain they are experiencing changes them or is affecting them. No compassion or understand What-So-Ever. if I could have the option to give the Pain Management department no stars I would. That's how much faith and trust I have in the RBH Pain Management Department. If you are having to deal with the RBH Pain Management and have been taking any form of medication that is oxycodone based congratulations, you have automatically just be sub-categorized as" a dependant codeine Junky" to the Pain Management Department. (Even if you have no history of "current or prior" substance abuse, or addiction ) Don't worry about any genuine pain or discomfort you may actually be feeling or even voice to your doctor much better method's that could be used, to manage your pain, without Oxy. That's not important to the Pain Management Department you're now have a "codeine addiction" you need to be put into their "Changes Program " because a five hour course while sitting on the most uncomfortable chairs in the world and getting charged around about $38 or more in car parking, while some student stands up and explains everything that is practically common knowledge of the common effects of oxycodone base drugs and what they can do to your vital organs and nervous system over a period of time will cure all of your pain. ** insert eye roll** That's Pain Management "Logical thinking" Doctors like to try and psychoanalyze you in a five minutes appointment. They do this by giving you a questionnaire to fill out, that has a list of very vague questions that could be taken in so many different ways and situations and also out of contexts. It's extremely judgemental on its patients and put them all into one category instead of treating each case individually. As for patient support that is on the floor are nice and very helpful, shame I can not say the same for Patients Support Management team and Allocation they have a very extream case of bullying in the workplace, with passive-aggressive abuse and high intimidation tactics and treat staff absolutely discussing. And should have an internal investigation done. As staff have been a condition to not put in official complaints in about the patient support management team for the fear of having adverse action taken against them and losing their job.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2019

Value

Have received high quality care by dedicated Drs and nurses

flag | Submitted August 21, 2019

Value

The complex care unit is great and staff go above and beyond to meet patient’s needs.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2019

Value

Experience was all over the place - some nurses and physios were amazing- others were arrogant or disrespectful - if you’re going to collect heaps of data, actually read it at some point otherwise it’s a waste of everyone’s time - surgeon and most registrars were excellent- support staff were wonderful, but it is not the cleanest of places.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2019

Value

Terrible experiences twice at this hospital. Had a lumber puncture appt that I had to reschedule twice because they forgot to write it down yet i had a letter of confirmation.Then when i did have the procedure My spine leaked and they didn't seem to care sent me hime with no pain relief. I had no follow up check up either. Terrible experience in ER too.Too many people and a no care attitude or follow through

flag | Submitted April 5, 2019

Value

I have waited a couple of months before commenting on the prostatectomy performed by Dr John Yaxley and his team. I am amazed and thankful for the precision and the patience that must have been necessary to retain the best while removing the rest! But I wouldn’t have got there if not for Dr John Chambers and his fellow doctors ay Royal Brisbane for guiding me to the procedure I had to have.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2019

Value

I had both of my children here and the care was second to none. My pregnancies were both high risk pregnancies and the staff here helped bring two beautiful happy/healthy babies into the world (with a brief pit stop at NICU).

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

Value

Absolutely appalling, untrustworthy, unreliable surgeons, who constantly lie to their patients and continue to implant them with dangerous, debilitating medical devices knowing very well the harm they cause. Only concern is how much money they make at the end of the day. No such thing as duty of care anymore. Do your research, trust no one! Re cleanliness, witnessed a poor patient who soled through her clothes, nurse walks her to ensuite, sits her on chair and asks her to wait, when woman stands up and enters ensuite a visitor then grabs chair and sits on it. Nurse didn’t disinfect it. A fine example of how ecoli and other bugs spread.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

Value

Broke my collarbone and was taken to Emergency Department by ambulance. Ambos were great and Emergency staff OK, except physio who just put a foam sling on me. Sent to Fracture Clinic and service was very poor (you see a different Dr every time, usually trainees) - I complained after 6 weeks that collarbone was still extremely sore . Private physio I had been seeing since week 2 suggested I get the Xrays, only to find out that it was not healing at all. Went back to Fracture Clinic again, more Xrays, "oh, it looks OK", come back at week 12, even though I complained about the pain again. After 12 weeks they discharged me, then I found out after getting the Xrays that it still wasn't healing - they never once told me this or discussed option to fix it (except 1st visit to Clinic Dr said if it does not heal they would need to pin it). After 6 mths and still not OK went to private orthopaedic surgeon who said it was showing signs of starting to heal and continue with physio/gym and go back in 3 months. At that stage he said he couldn't make me any better than I was (option was pinning, bone graft and 6 weeks in a sling!).

flag | Submitted August 11, 2018

Value

There is an attitude amongst some nurses and doctors that as this is a public hospital, shut up and be grateful for what you are get. Some medication, such as insulin, really does need to be given on time or at specified times. If the nurses are held up due to an emergency, fair enough. But three times in two days, I had to go look for my insulin. Found them having a fine old time around the nurses station. Oh! I was just coming she said. She should have been there 50 mins ago! My breakfast was sitting there going cold. Stupid thing is; I was administering it myself once they bought it to me, and after them doing the blood test, I told them based on the test and how much carbs I was expecting for a meal, what does I was going to take. If they are going to take insulin off you because of 'hospital policy', then at least administer it. Next time, I will hand it over, but keep a insulin pen and testing machine hidden. Whilst a lot of nursing staff do a great job; some should be kicked to the kerb.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Doctors at Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital

Dr. Robert Bell

Dr. Robert Bell

Latest Rating

Yes, agree with other commentators shown below. Really a very good Doctor. Yes - Very experienced, very knowledgable, empathetic, non judgemental etc.. A professi... Read more

Dr. Victoria Brazil

Dr. Victoria Brazil

1 review

Latest Rating

I just wanted to say how exceptional this lady is, as many remember her from her UQ days where she may not have been the world's greatest Union president. Well, gues... Read more