Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital

Hospital

Rate Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital

Ratings for Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital

Value

There is an attitude amongst some nurses and doctors that as this is a public hospital, shut up and be grateful for what you are get. Some medication, such as insulin, really does need to be given on time or at specified times. If the nurses are held up due to an emergency, fair enough. But three times in two days, I had to go look for my insulin. Found them having a fine old time around the nurses station. Oh! I was just coming she said. She should have been there 50 mins ago! My breakfast was sitting there going cold. Stupid thing is; I was administering it myself once they bought it to me, and after them doing the blood test, I told them based on the test and how much carbs I was expecting for a meal, what does I was going to take. If they are going to take insulin off you because of 'hospital policy', then at least administer it. Next time, I will hand it over, but keep a insulin pen and testing machine hidden. Whilst a lot of nursing staff do a great job; some should be kicked to the kerb.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Value

Be careful of who you see in the Pain Management Centre as some do not appear to understand at least one workplace injury that is warned about in every office in the world and has been since Windows came into being. Despite this injury being reported in the millions, and research in many countries trying to find out why, some in this clinic do not appear to be aware of it and the danger to your hand, arm and shoulder it presents. This injury was even researched at Queensland University from medical and science papers in December 2017 and was published in the journal Physical Therapy in October of that year and stated that although they know this injury has been happening since the use of the mouse, and has been affecting millions around the world for over 20 years, they still do not know why it happens and how to prevent it. My world famous doctor said that it is a tool injury like so many other that occur in factories and professions like dentists and those who play music. Shoulder injuries are the most common in sport as well because it is a vunerable part of the body and doing the same thing for 40 hours a week or more in a unnatural way is likely to cause some people damage. Try to take someone with you when you go and if they will not allow someone then I suggest you find another service. Also be careful about how they organise appointments as they run late and take some time if you are lucky enough to get a fair hearing. My appointment lasted about 15 minutes which is the shortest I have ever had in over twenty years. Not enough to explain and hand over all the research and tell them about the million and half links about the pain. None of which existed when I got hurt sadly. If anyone doubts what I say then Google mouse shoulder or health hazards of using the Computer Mouse. It will shock you that the government has put so little money into pain research when it affect so many, and soon to affect all the baby boomers. We are getting Pain Clinics but not the training or research to really deal with all the problems. Remember no doctor can be an expert in everything and as humans they have confirmation bias. Choose the doctor who is trained in the part of the body you have issues with and research their training as many seem to be going into Pain Management like the vast numbers now in Skin Clinics and Plastic Surgery..

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

Value

My wife was there for her delivery. Staff have been very helpful with regular check-ups all through her pregnancy. My wife had type-2 diabetes and was very happy with the treatment given by the doctors. My son (born on July 22, 2014) was kept in observation for a week after delivery and the staff took real good care of him. She is proud to be a Royal Mum. Thanks to all the staff members. - Shankar and Divya.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

Value

Never never again after they told me to kill myself

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Value

I was treated poorly from the time i was admitted to the time I was dischargrd..I was to get follow up care that never came. I am close to writing a complsinte to the Health minister.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

Value

Sadly i have nothing really nice to say about this hospital.. It was a bit of a hit an miss..Some nurseing staff cared, others just going though the motions..Neuro Doctors..mmm Not even up today with The lastest Migraines information..Very sad when A patient knows more then the doctors..Then Doctor's feels threatened...so start to talk down to you..Knowing you can't talk back due to your illness..So my advice..play dumb..don't be intelligent or they will think ur are faking it..am I saying I am more intellgent then these doctors..No I am saying..they didnt listen..even though I was a private patient here..I had to go to a private doctor..to a private hospital..to get help..to get the treatment that is getting me back to work and my life..

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Value

very happy. staff professional. great place to give birth

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Value

Both my elderley parents were given excellent care here from emergency to ward to rehab unit. Kind efficient and professional staff. Also followup services and referrals were very good. You don't get that from private hospitals

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Value

If I have to go to a hospital this is the one. I have never been judged, due to my mental illness. Was given follow up care, however due to the public service and lack of understanding of mental illness of public service help is limited. Not the hospitals fault,

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Value

Worst place in the world to birth! The culture is draconian and Over precautious and send u to the surgery at the drop of a hat. They monitor u non stop and force pitocin - especially around a weekend when they are keen to get out the door. I said no and they still forced it on me. No respect for informed consent. Over medicalised environment with shabby, out dated rooms. was forcibly separated from my baby for 48hrs and both of us hooked up to unnecessary I.V abs after i measured a slight fever after surgery. They denied me my planned water birth (first birth) because my baby was just under 9lb (scans were inaccurate and scare mongering) absolutely insane. Maternal after care was horrendous, 2x nurses to 17 postpartum women = lack of care and dismissive, cranky attitudes, particularly at night. Poor ventilation and lack of airflow on wards. Poor lactation support. No at home lactation visits for caesarean patients (abysmal). No psychological support for emergency caesarean patients. No psychological aftercare (I suffered extreme PTSD from having a caesarean). Every time i see a pregnant mother or woman thinking of trying for another, I cannot warn them enough about how bad this place is. The culture is shockingly over medicalised and not comfortable. The birth center is better, but they still jump to every whim of the obgyns, resulting in a shattering and depressing, over medicalised environment where every pregnancy is treated as an emergency and women not given enough time and patience to give birth naturally.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Doctors at Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital

Dr. Robert Bell

Dr. Robert Bell

Latest Rating

Yes, agree with other commentators shown below. Really a very good Doctor. Yes - Very experienced, very knowledgable, empathetic, non judgemental etc.. A professi... Read more

Dr. Victoria Brazil

Dr. Victoria Brazil

1 review

Latest Rating

I just wanted to say how exceptional this lady is, as many remember her from her UQ days where she may not have been the world's greatest Union president. Well, gues... Read more