Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital

Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital

Hospital

Rate Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital

Value

very happy. staff professional. great place to give birth

Submitted March 31, 2017 | flag

Value

Both my elderley parents were given excellent care here from emergency to ward to rehab unit. Kind efficient and professional staff. Also followup services and referrals were very good. You don't get that from private hospitals

Submitted Feb. 9, 2017 | flag

Value

If I have to go to a hospital this is the one. I have never been judged, due to my mental illness. Was given follow up care, however due to the public service and lack of understanding of mental illness of public service help is limited. Not the hospitals fault,

Submitted Jan. 9, 2017 | flag

Value

Worst place in the world to birth! The culture is draconian and Over precautious and send u to the surgery at the drop of a hat. They monitor u non stop and force pitocin - especially around a weekend when they are keen to get out the door. I said no and they still forced it on me. No respect for informed consent. Over medicalised environment with shabby, out dated rooms. was forcibly separated from my baby for 48hrs and both of us hooked up to unnecessary I.V abs after i measured a slight fever after surgery. They denied me my planned water birth (first birth) because my baby was just under 9lb (scans were inaccurate and scare mongering) absolutely insane. Maternal after care was horrendous, 2x nurses to 17 postpartum women = lack of care and dismissive, cranky attitudes, particularly at night. Poor ventilation and lack of airflow on wards. Poor lactation support. No at home lactation visits for caesarean patients (abysmal). No psychological support for emergency caesarean patients. No psychological aftercare (I suffered extreme PTSD from having a caesarean). Every time i see a pregnant mother or woman thinking of trying for another, I cannot warn them enough about how bad this place is. The culture is shockingly over medicalised and not comfortable. The birth center is better, but they still jump to every whim of the obgyns, resulting in a shattering and depressing, over medicalised environment where every pregnancy is treated as an emergency and women not given enough time and patience to give birth naturally.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2017 | flag

Value

the after care support from this hospital for us has been non existant following 8 hour operation for radical cystology had a 5 minute consult at the end of the bed to be told go away enjoy your life scans every 3 months now cannot get any help have been given no follow up appointment to check on surgery now notes do not even say anything about scans absolutely left to our own devices to get any help including cancer care, mental, oncology sorry not good enough now no one wants to help in any way

Submitted Dec. 13, 2016 | flag

Value

Transfer to Fracture Clinic from Prince Charles Hospital. Nursing staff excellent care in very busy clinic. Concerned injury never seen by the Orthopaedic Consultant within 6wk care and 3 visits!!

Submitted Oct. 4, 2016 | flag

Value

Besides going there to visit friends I've been to the emergency ward and orthopedics. Both were empathetic, compassionate and considerate. I don't feel left out at all. I felt very well cared for.

Submitted April 19, 2016 | flag

Value

Was transferred here from Prince Charles where I was admitted through Emergency and received steroids and antibiotics and pain relief for my throat infection . A nurse in emergency had very little bedside manner and rolled her eyes when I relayed info from a Doctor in regards to leaving the cannula in. Admin ignored me when I requested to be transferred to the Mater or St Andrews. (Probably due to the fact I had authorised them to bill my Private Health Fund $$$$$), They said my appointment had been booked with the ENT department that day. I lay in a bed for 2 hours and then put into a chair for 1.5 waiting for someone from ENT to see me. Doctors came and said there was an infection, no Quinsy and prescribed antibiotics and discharged me. I subsequently went home, crawled into bed where my wife found me after work at 9 PM and rushed me into St Andrews where I stayed for 3 days being treated for Quinsy.

Submitted March 2, 2015 | flag

Value

I had a short stay in A&E worried about complications in early pregnancy, the staff were fantastic, understood my anxiety and I was out of there in 3 hours, having had an ultrasound to confirm all was well. Would return again if I had any problems, considering having baby delivered here as opposed to Wesley.

Submitted Jan. 12, 2015 | flag

Value

1hr from chest pain to catheter in RCA and clot lysed. It doesn't get any better than this.

Submitted Oct. 18, 2014 | flag