You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Charles Tan

I have been a patient of Dr. Charles for over 3 years now. I have the same complaint as the others. I can have my 10 year old give me better diagnosis than him. I only get my medicine refills from him now.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

I have been Dr. Tan's patient for almost 10 years and I he is a great Dr. , I would highly recommend him. He is kind, knowledgeable, has great bed side manner, and always on time. Which is the least I can say about 90% of all doctors that I have encountered.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Tan's for many years, I find that he is a great Dr. and he is truly a master (jack) of all trades. He is a very smart and caring Dr. which is very hard to find these days. The clinic staff as we'll as Dr. Tan are very nice and caring about your needs. I couldn't recommend him more. Thank you M.Wheatley

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

He is a nice man, but you literally have to diagnose yourself and tell him what you want for him to follow through. I find it so hard to find a smart doctor nowadays, where I have given up on all doctors. if you are looking for a good doctor to diagnose you and treat you properly do not go to him. but if you are looking for a doctor to give you a prescription, test, labs, etc. then he is good for that.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Looked up Dr Tan on here after looking for another Doctors info. No surprise to see many other have the same complaints I do. I often go to a walk in clinic now rather than see him. He truly does not seem to be knowledgeable. I could see a triage nurse and get better attention and advice. The people who do say good things on here make me question if they are plants or confusing him with another doctor. Dr. Tan has no interest in his patients as people, does not listen and therefore jumps to conclusions. He has never touched me physically other than to use a blood pressure cup and refers to another female doctor for all female issues which requires waiting for another appointment. He has no knowledge when asked direct questions and often tells me "I'm not a specialist". That is all he does, refers you to a specialist for a complaint a traditional GP should be able to handle without a six month waiting period. The specialists I have waited to see seem confused as to why I am there. I believe he refers only to friends. I would change doctors but he is the doctor on record for certain legal/medical issues.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

I've seen Dr.Tan in Richmond Hill many times at both his original location and the newer one at Bayview and Major Mackenzie's Allencourt plaza. While his receptionist is delightful, Dr.Tan does not provide great service to his clients. He rarely listens and jumps to conclusions, and then will speak over you. When he does take the time to chat with you, it is generally about his office / patient woes, which is unprofessional. He additionally is not pro-active in seeking diagnostics or other preventative measures... since changing family doctors from dr.tan to a new guy i've noticed a HUGE switch in the quality of care and focus on being pro-active about health.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Dr. Tan is a great Family Physician. I have had so many over the years and I finally found a person that actually spends the time and cares about your issues. Once you find a good Dr, which is hard you stay with him/her. I recommend Dr. Tan 100% for his professionalism and knowledge in regards to issues that you may have. His staff always go above and beyond the call of duty. Consistently friendly and always in a good professional mood every time that I have an apt. I really can't say enough about Dr. Tan, he is a jack of all trades master of all......lol : ) Great Doctor and Staff!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Dr. Tan seems to listen and chat with the patients, however when it comes to actually understand something and help his clients .. I dono so much .. I took my son to him ( his Family Dr) to quit smoking and instead of him being encouraging he kept saying to a 16 years old that he cant do it .. and he is sure that he will go back to it again.. he was almost laughing and making fun of him.. he refused to do a test for smoking on him to introduce ways of treating it and he said " do you really expect me to do this test on a friday afternoon" .. excuse me ??? U are getting paid by government of Ontario and if your office is open till 5 than you should do what is required to do .. had a very bead experience and Im changing my family Family Dr...

flag | Submitted August 15, 2012

Dr. Charles Tan's knowledge, accurate diagnosis and quick thinking saved my daughter's life.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

not very knowledgeable at all. Did not listen and just to conclusions. Did not want to seem to help but rather get you in and out quickly to cash in the next patient.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

Dr. Charles Tan's Credentials

• :laval University

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Charles for over 3 years now. I have the same complaint as the others. I can have my 10 year old give me better diagnosis than hi..."

September 30, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.bayviewwoods.com" to "http://www.delfs.ca/". Address has been updated from "None" to "Bradford". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19057758760".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been Dr. Tan's patient for almost 10 years and I he is a great Dr. , I would highly recommend him. He is kind, knowledgeable, has great bed side manner, ..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Tan's for many years, I find that he is a great Dr. and he is truly a master (jack) of all trades. He is a very smart and caring D..."

March 12, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "He is a nice man, but you literally have to diagnose yourself and tell him what you want for him to follow through. I find it so hard to find a smart doctor now..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Looked up Dr Tan on here after looking for another Doctors info. No surprise to see many other have the same complaints I do. I often go to a walk in clinic now..."

October 22, 2014