Ratings for Dr. Charles Tan

I’m surprised that this man calls himself a doctor. With no consideration or knowledge for the craft. I came to see him because I was looking for a family doctor and he was in the area. I have been experiencing sparatic acne ( the type that accumulates around your chin and tzone that look more like small bumps) for the past 6 months. It happened once before and I simply went to a doctors office, was prescribed something topical and that was the end of it. It recently came back about a month ago and I went in to see this man for the same prescription and he refused to write it for me despite me telling him that it worked. Instead he referred me to a dermatologist and said that if I wasn’t happy with what the dermatologist said that I could come back and he’d write it. Seemed very strange why he’d not just give me the gel I knew worked instead of wasting my time but the reasoning became evident when I finally saw the dermatologist after 3 weeks ( Dr.Tan said it would only take a week to be seen) who wrote me a prescription for 3 gels priced over $100 each and an oral antibiotic over $80. Talk about cash grab! And I just had simply bumps on my face. I would never go to this lunatic for anything. His secretary is incompetent and constantly makes excuses as to why she never answers the phone or why I can’t get a simple prescription. Charles Tan, you belong in an asylum.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

He is the worse doctor I have ever seen. My husband dignised with prostate cancer just because of his terrible knowledge. He didn't even bother to send my husband to check his PSA during these years he was his family doctor, even though my husband told him about his dad. Never ever recomand Dr. tan.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Dr. Tan is very knowledgeable, friendly and approachable doctor , I recommend him 100%

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Dr Tan has been my doctor for 5 years and I'm pretty happy with him as a GP. He's always on time and very sociable .

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Charles for over 3 years now. I have the same complaint as the others. I can have my 10 year old give me better diagnosis than him. I only get my medicine refills from him now.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

I have been Dr. Tan's patient for almost 10 years and I he is a great Dr. , I would highly recommend him. He is kind, knowledgeable, has great bed side manner, and always on time. Which is the least I can say about 90% of all doctors that I have encountered.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Tan's for many years, I find that he is a great Dr. and he is truly a master (jack) of all trades. He is a very smart and caring Dr. which is very hard to find these days. The clinic staff as we'll as Dr. Tan are very nice and caring about your needs. I couldn't recommend him more. Thank you M.Wheatley

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

He is a nice man, but you literally have to diagnose yourself and tell him what you want for him to follow through. I find it so hard to find a smart doctor nowadays, where I have given up on all doctors. if you are looking for a good doctor to diagnose you and treat you properly do not go to him. but if you are looking for a doctor to give you a prescription, test, labs, etc. then he is good for that.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Looked up Dr Tan on here after looking for another Doctors info. No surprise to see many other have the same complaints I do. I often go to a walk in clinic now rather than see him. He truly does not seem to be knowledgeable. I could see a triage nurse and get better attention and advice. The people who do say good things on here make me question if they are plants or confusing him with another doctor. Dr. Tan has no interest in his patients as people, does not listen and therefore jumps to conclusions. He has never touched me physically other than to use a blood pressure cup and refers to another female doctor for all female issues which requires waiting for another appointment. He has no knowledge when asked direct questions and often tells me "I'm not a specialist". That is all he does, refers you to a specialist for a complaint a traditional GP should be able to handle without a six month waiting period. The specialists I have waited to see seem confused as to why I am there. I believe he refers only to friends. I would change doctors but he is the doctor on record for certain legal/medical issues.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

I've seen Dr.Tan in Richmond Hill many times at both his original location and the newer one at Bayview and Major Mackenzie's Allencourt plaza. While his receptionist is delightful, Dr.Tan does not provide great service to his clients. He rarely listens and jumps to conclusions, and then will speak over you. When he does take the time to chat with you, it is generally about his office / patient woes, which is unprofessional. He additionally is not pro-active in seeking diagnostics or other preventative measures... since changing family doctors from dr.tan to a new guy i've noticed a HUGE switch in the quality of care and focus on being pro-active about health.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014