Ratings for Dr. T. Mark Ricketts

First off, I will say I have gone to Dr. Ricketts for a couple of years and noticed a decline in the last 6 months but I don't know what has happened in the three weeks since my last visit, whatever it is has completely changed his entire office. From the moment I signed in I could tell things were different, I made a generalized and harmless comment to the new receptionist about how I had never seen her there and was introducing myself in a very friendly tone and she basically snapped my head off and told me to take a seat. After an 1:45 min a nurse (which I had also never seen there but decided to not make a comment to her because I truly feared what she would say after my first encounter at the front desk) finally took me back to a room, she didn't weigh me or get any vitals. I waited at least another 30 minutes or more when finally Dr. Ricketts stepped inside the door for no more than 1 min all the time looking at the chart and said, "We"ll get you all fixed up!" He then walked out without even discussing any of the test results with me, which was the reason I was there in the first place. The nurse handed me a prescription on the way out, I felt like cattle would have gotten better treatment than me in that place. To top everything off when I got to the pharmacy he had prescribed me heavy painkiller (which I have never been prescribed before and I am also allergic to) when I had went in with a heart issue that didn't involve painkillers at all! So I wasted 3 hours of my day and a 35.00 co pay for nothing. Needless to say I have made another appt with a real Doctor and will be turning him into the medical board, he really needs to be investigated! Please do not waste your time or money on this pain clinic doctor!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

Dr. Ricketts is an excellent physician. I don't know why people are complaining about the wait time; I went to see him last Friday as a walk-in, when I sick with a sinus infection, and I was called back to see him in less than 15 minutes. As a Type 1 Diabetic, Dr. Ricketts has literally saved my life. I was on a downward spiral before I began seeing him about 4 years ago, and since then, we've gotten my Diabetes under control, Yes, he IS quick, but that's just because he has so many patients to see...he's never mis-diagnosed me, or left me without the medication that I truly needed. He is by far the best doctor that I have ever seen,.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

i saw Dr. Ricketts for several years and everytime I went to see him it got worse. From the extended wait times in the waiting room to the very little amount of time he spent with me. The last time I was in his office, after sitting 2 hours in the waiting room, I was on my phone trying to pass time scrolling through Facebook, when much to my surprise Dr. Ricketts was posting on Facebook at that very minute. I'm waiting over 2 hours to see you while you are busy posting on Facebook???? What a JERK!! Fired him after that visit, and haven't been back since.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

Used to be a good doctor. Not any more. Doesn't listen. Gets angry and rude. Once he writes you off, he's done. Even if you get sick with something new, he couldn't care less. Tough because I truly believed in him for a long time. Thought he was a rare, good guy. He WAS.

Submitted August 6, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Ricketts for a little over the year. Good doctor and very knowledgeable. Whatever questions I have he answers. Best doctors office I have gone to.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

This guy is a freaking joke in town. He misdiagnosed me, as well as a friend of mine, and loaded us up with medicines and shots while charging our insurance. Please, please find a "real" doctor. There are plenty of quality ones in town, and this guy is NOT one of them.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

I've been going to Dr. Ricketts for 6 years now. It is true, he doesn't spend a lot of time with his patients, but he's never failed to get the diagnosis right. no need to spend a lot of time with you if he knows the diagnosis. My problem is with the staff. Some are friendly, some are not; but in either case I have a problem getting them to follows through on what is supposed to be done. Right now, I am waiting on his office to call me back so I can make an appointment. Of course I get voice mail and leave a message. That was over a week ago. Now when I call back to try to get someone, the mailbox has reached its limit and I can't leave another message. Really???? I'm tempted to drive over there. That's the only way I can get to a real person.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

I visited Dr. Ricketts office recently this week. Sadly I have to say that I was not pleased with the visit. Dr. Ricketts spent maybe 5 minutes in the room without ever asking any questions. He just said "Thanks for listening to the show" and "I'm gonna get you fixed up myself." The nurse I had was making me feel as though I was looking for drugs and made discussing my reason for my visit very uncomfortable. The other nurses I spoke to were very professional and very attentive. The other Doctor was kind, listened well and made discussing my issue comfortable. I believe Dr. Ricketts allows his other doctor to do the leg work while he shows up at the end to satisfy his patients with his presence. My main issue was never addressed and neither was my underlying health concerns even considered for discussion. The main complaint about this facility was being rushed. I have worked in healthcare for five years now and this Doctor certainly needs to slow down and take it slow with his patients.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Mark Ricketts is just a doctor out for the money and his radio show

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr. T. Mark Ricketts's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1987)

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "First off, I will say I have gone to Dr. Ricketts for a couple of years and noticed a decline in the last 6 months but I don't know what has happened in the thr..."

September 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ricketts is an excellent physician. I don't know why people are complaining about the wait time; I went to see him last Friday as a walk-in, when I sick wi..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Horrible, just horrible .... I would fear anyone going to see him with a serious condition!! Totally clueless!!"

August 27, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "i saw Dr. Ricketts for several years and everytime I went to see him it got worse. From the extended wait times in the waiting room to the very little amount o..."

August 25, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Used to be a good doctor. Not any more. Doesn't listen. Gets angry and rude. Once he writes you off, he's done. Even if you get sick with something new, he ..."

August 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Ricketts for a little over the year. Good doctor and very knowledgeable. Whatever questions I have he answers. Best doctors office I have..."

July 8, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "This guy is a freaking joke in town. He misdiagnosed me, as well as a friend of mine, and loaded us up with medicines and shots while charging our insurance. Pl..."

May 15, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I've been going to Dr. Ricketts for 6 years now. It is true, he doesn't spend a lot of time with his patients, but he's never failed to get the diagnosis right..."

April 7, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I visited Dr. Ricketts office recently this week. Sadly I have to say that I was not pleased with the visit. Dr. Ricketts spent maybe 5 minutes in the room with..."

March 13, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Mark Ricketts is just a doctor out for the money and his radio show"

February 17, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "If your looking for a physician to spent time listening to your issues, Rickett's is not the one for you. He doesn't spend anytime with you and rarely looks up..."

February 2, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ricket has been my doc for 20 years. I've put up with a lot from him and his staff over the years but him cheating on his wife with another patient is the l..."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ricketts is a nice knowledgeable doctor. However, in almost all of my visits, he would come in, look at my issue and say "we'll get you fixed up". He would ..."

November 21, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ricketts is very good at diagnosing a condition. I've used him close to twenty years and often recommend him to friends. In the past few years, I've notic..."

September 12, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Ricketts and his staff were very kind and professional when I had the first of a series of appointments. He listened to me and assured me he would discover t..."

September 11, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=94310'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.6

February 22, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=94310'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.9

February 5, 2014
  • City changed from &quot;Hoover&quot; to &quot;Vestavia Hills&quot;

January 11, 2014
  • location removed: Birmingham, AL

January 11, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Mark" to "Mark M."

October 20, 2013