Ratings for Dr. Anthony Russell

Just met the man. I suppose, in time, more will be revealed.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

I was not happy with what I was told today . I got absolutely no were at all

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

Not a good doctor at all. Misdiagnosed me with ankylosing spondylitis. He was very quick to ask me what kind of insurance I had. He got me on an expensive injection ($1500 per month) as fast as he could. After 2 months I insisted I didn’t feel much better. Even after an MRI that came back clean he wanted me to continue on the injection. I insisted that there was something physical going on because of how the injury happened and the injection not doing anything. He said that if I didn’t want to take the injection there was nothing else he could do for me. I later met a doctor that gave me a properly diagnosis and helped me to get better. Stay awake from this doctor at all costs.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

I saw this specialist in Victoria BC as he covered my regular specialist . I was instantly offended by his condescending manner after I expressed that I hurt " everywhere" then when he asked " does your neck hurt "? I said no , and he instantly had me in tears when he said " I thought you said you hurt EVERYWHERE "? He was quick to diagnose me , chat for 1-2 minutes about his diagnose me , write a RX and send me out the door . Bedside manner and compassion is definitely lacking in this man . Glad he practices in Alberta not BC

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

My Mom has not been able to get out of chair or into chair for over a month. She is most active person her age I have ever seen. Glad she has to wait over two months for Dr Russell to take 5 minutes to look at tests she had done. Hope you are having good holiday Dr Russell while someone is in pain and helped multiple people with illnesses . Hope that 5 minutes to give your opinion on tests was worth my Mother's pain for 2 months was worth your valuable 5 minutes of your precious time!!!!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

I recently was diagnosed with lupus, I was referred to Dr. Russel, I felt that he let his interim conduct the whole appointment and only came into the room to give me a prescription. When I asked him questions and advice he did not answer and pretty much told me I didn't need to worry about things. His interim was really friendly and very thorough in his note taking but I really don't think the doctor even listened or read the notes. I walked out of the appointment with no knowledg, no help, no understanding and even more questions Thani went in with but hey he gave me a prescription and told me I didn't need to worry or change my diet or life style, which is completely opposite of everything that I have read online.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

wow i'm looking at this thinking really my poor dad like how am i going to get a referral from this guy so my dad can see a doctor where we have recently moved too ..... :(

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

I waited three months to see Dr. Russel. He just came into the waiting room, asked me a few questions ( took 5 minutes )and told me I had a sleeping disorder and left. He would not answer any of my questions, look at my doctors referral letter, or do any type of examination of my joints and muscles. I was so disappointed that I wasted 3 months waiting to see him. I had to start the process all over again to get another referral from my GP to another rheumatologist. Do not waste your time here.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

My husband has AS which is so painful and Dr. Russell is the kindest, and so patience with him. He is so understanding and really feels for the pain you are going through. I just love this Doctor, so glad Dr. Jerry Katz told me about him.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I've seen Dr Russell for several years. The last time I saw him he didn't even touch my joints to see how I was progressing. Prescription and I was out the door. Was forgotten in the waiting room til everyone had gone. First appointment he verbally told me the prescription and then wrote my GP a different dosage which was rather high so confusion. Typically I'm met with disinterest in appointments but this last was too much. I'm going to have to find someone else. Why do so many specialists act like they are God?

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016