Ratings for Dr. Anthony Russell

My Mom has not been able to get out of chair or into chair for over a month. She is most active person her age I have ever seen. Glad she has to wait over two months for Dr Russell to take 5 minutes to look at tests she had done. Hope you are having good holiday Dr Russell while someone is in pain and helped multiple people with illnesses . Hope that 5 minutes to give your opinion on tests was worth my Mother's pain for 2 months was worth your valuable 5 minutes of your precious time!!!!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

I recently was diagnosed with lupus, I was referred to Dr. Russel, I felt that he let his interim conduct the whole appointment and only came into the room to give me a prescription. When I asked him questions and advice he did not answer and pretty much told me I didn't need to worry about things. His interim was really friendly and very thorough in his note taking but I really don't think the doctor even listened or read the notes. I walked out of the appointment with no knowledg, no help, no understanding and even more questions Thani went in with but hey he gave me a prescription and told me I didn't need to worry or change my diet or life style, which is completely opposite of everything that I have read online.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

wow i'm looking at this thinking really my poor dad like how am i going to get a referral from this guy so my dad can see a doctor where we have recently moved too ..... :(

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

I waited three months to see Dr. Russel. He just came into the waiting room, asked me a few questions ( took 5 minutes )and told me I had a sleeping disorder and left. He would not answer any of my questions, look at my doctors referral letter, or do any type of examination of my joints and muscles. I was so disappointed that I wasted 3 months waiting to see him. I had to start the process all over again to get another referral from my GP to another rheumatologist. Do not waste your time here.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

My husband has AS which is so painful and Dr. Russell is the kindest, and so patience with him. He is so understanding and really feels for the pain you are going through. I just love this Doctor, so glad Dr. Jerry Katz told me about him.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I've seen Dr Russell for several years. The last time I saw him he didn't even touch my joints to see how I was progressing. Prescription and I was out the door. Was forgotten in the waiting room til everyone had gone. First appointment he verbally told me the prescription and then wrote my GP a different dosage which was rather high so confusion. Typically I'm met with disinterest in appointments but this last was too much. I'm going to have to find someone else. Why do so many specialists act like they are God?

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr Russell's for over 25 years. I have RA, he's kept me moving.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Russell for five years now. I have SLE Lupus, MS and Fibro. I read another persons review about how Dr Russell wrote in a report that they have a Mental disease of Fibro and needed psychiatric help and I simply do not believe this reviewer. Lol. Dr Russell has and is a firm supporter of Fibromyalgia and its effects on the human body. He is considered an expert on Fibromyalgia and has done ground breaking research on this legitimate condition. Dr Russell would never make those comments about a disease he has worked so hard to get acknowledged by the medical community. It's ok not to like the guy or disagree about his diagnosis or treatment plans. Go see another dr but don't tell naughty boy lies!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Russell now for 8yrs now. I find he is very knowledgable and very helpful in my situation. I found he was easy to talk to very polite and straight to the point.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

It's criminal that this corrupt and incompetent man is allowed to continue his practice. He is commonly known to be a defence expert for insurance companies who are trying to avoid payment in personal injury and medical malpractice lawsuits. When I had to be examined by him at the request of the defence, he spent a total of 5 minutes questioning and examining me. Then he wrote a lengthy fabricated report stating I told him things I certainly didn't say, while NOT stating things I did say. His physical exam consisted of poklng me once in the chest with his finger and then tapping my knees with his reflex hammer. That's it! Then he wrote in his report that I have a MENTAL disease of Fibromyalgia and that I needed psychiatric help. I certainly agree with previous posters that this doctor is only in it for the money paid to him by defence insurance companies. What a shame that the Medical Association allows him to do this to people. He is a total disgrace to the medical profession.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2015