Ratings for Dr. Lia Mortellaro

I recently worked for Dr Mortellaro. She didn't want to follow rules set out by Public Health and fired me for it. She was well aware that I have no training regarding the handling on vaccines. The bigger issue is the matter of payment for the hours I have worked. While choosing to not follow Ontario labour laws ( which state the employee is to pick up his/her final paycheque from the place of employment unless the employee has agreed to another location either electonically or in writing) the doctor sent the 1st cheque to an address she had on file.. after a day of arguing her legal coucil made her issue a second cheque which I was told I would be picking up from the security office at 250 Harding.. turned out there is no security office and the cheque was not left with a security guard as Dr. Mortellaro's legal coucil ensured it would be. This doctor issued 2 cheques both stating final pay yet there is over a 150 dollar discrepancy between the 2 cheques. She and her "legal council" refuse to provide a paystub showing the hours worked and the hours paid!!! If she is this unethical with her staff I am very sorry for her patients!! College of physicians and the labour board are involved!!! STAY AWAY!!!!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2018

the colloge of physicians is waste the conduct ignorant behavior and ineptitude is due to the hospitals who tolerate Mackenzie should be investigated one so called surgeon has a high post op infection rate ans is known as the dirty doctor I spoke to someone who went to him and said he stunk. two women I saw the first floor at mac look away when they saw him coming useless doctors and the hospitals that tolerate them should be a election issue maybe ford can address this issue also why should hospital ceos be receiving in some cases be making over a mil and get a free car they can afford their I was told about this person get as much info as u can about a doctor

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

She she lose her license....all these complaints and they haven't taken it away yet....she is beyond rude to her patients...she is evil...while the patients are in her room she is on her computer billing them for more time....she is a very evil doctor...she has treated all her secretaries like garbage..,..yells and scream constantly...belittles them...always says she is a doctor ...thinks she is perfect and she never lies...sorry to say...she doesn't only cheat her patients....she cheats everyone....pls someone needs to put a STOP on this so called doctor....pls...what's the saying....Karma is a ??????....or what goes around comes around...

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

this doctor is so horrible looks really bad, makes you feel scared to ask anything relating to your own health, always about the money, doesn't care for no one but herself, tends to talk about unnecessary thing. DO NOT RECOMMEND her as a GP.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

My mother when to her on Monday and than for her blood test she phone Tuesday with the results tell us that she need to take another blood test. So we ask the Girl at the front desk to ask her to fax the paperwork to we can take her she said hat she need to come in she was just there Monday and this was Tuesday the next day yes she is about money she doesn't care about her patients she is very rude she looks like a cleaning lady not a doctor oh sorry my cleaning lady look better l will report her to he collage of physicians this woman should not be a doctor

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

I am so happy I have found a new family doctor. Not only was she difficult but she missed diagnosed my daughter for years telling me it was in my head.....My daughter now goes to St. Michael's for her ulcerative colitis..... should report her to the college of physicians!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Been going to this doctor for a few years now and must say that I am now currently looking for a new doctor. She really does have two sides to her, the first being the extremely chatty doctor who seems to want to talk about anything but your diagnosis and the second being a woman who is rather scary to be around. She tends to take it personally when you ask her a question about your own health or ask her for things like results or the meaning of said results (i.e. from a blood test). I have to do certain testing so that I can be authorized to work in the areas that I do and every time I go for those tests she berates and grumbles about having to do them. In all honesty there are times I get the impression that she does not actually want to be a doctor. I also find it highly irritating that she makes you book separate appointments for things you could have quickly resolved during the original appointment (and yes, I did disclose when booking the appointment that I had questions and concerns on top of the testing I was going in to do). She comes across as arrogant and disinterested at the same time and in all honesty it is extremely off putting. I can understand wait times and having a schedule that is a tad limited, but when your patients are feeling like they can't and shouldn't come to their own doctor for health concerns, there is a major issue.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

PATHETIC! HUGE EVIDENCE OF PSYCHIATRIC ISSUES. SHE NEEDS UNDERGOING TO A TEST TO MEDICINE KNOWLEDGE. DOES NOT HONOUR HER PROFESSION, AT ALL.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

I agree with all of the reviews on this site. She is extremely rude and unprofessional. She thinks she is perfect and can do no wrong. Blames everyone else for her errors and makes you come back multiple times for every issue. I asked her for a doctors note for work and the first thing she said was "why should I write you a note when you haven't been here in 2 years" WELL the reason why I haven't been in 2 years is because I have had no issues. All she wants to do is bill the government for money. She charges for fees not covered by the government but won't say what they're for. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR. SHE IS TERRIBLE.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I've been a patient for far too long. I felt uncomfortable telling her things as I felt judged and was lectured. Finally decided to find a new Dr. Do not use her as a family doctor.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Dr. Lia Mortellaro's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.