Ratings for Dr. Lori Albert

I asked my family doctor to refer me to Dr. Lori Albert because of her fantastic ratings on here. I have been dealing with severe cervical spine pain/discomfort and deformity these past few years and I was really hoping that Dr. Albert would help me figure out what's going on but she wouldn't even take me on as a patient. A letter was sent to my family doctor saying that it was a six month waiting list so I should ask to be referred somewhere else. As we know in Ontario it's usually a long wait to see a specialist anyways...I have tried getting a referral to another supposedly good rheumatologist but he is retiring. Being on a waiting list (even a long one) is better than continuing to struggle in finding a decent/knowledgeable specialist who will take on my case. Instead, I sit here getting weaker and sicker and wondering what the heck is going on with my neck as it is becoming increasingly more painful and more deformed by the month 😰 So despite her reputation as being an empathetic and knowledgable Doctor, Dr. Albert wasn't helpful to me because she wouldn't even see me... (I cannot actually rate the staff, punctuality, and doctors knowledge because I didn't actually go into the office but it is saying the field is required so I'm putting a 3 to keep it fair)

Submitted August 31, 2016

Dr. Lori Albert's dedication to helping me manage my rheumatoid arthritis is outstanding. Her compassion, knowledge and attentiveness place her as my best doctor ever. True story: I recently suffered from a complication with my foot. Dr. Albert assessed me and immediately found my orthopedic surgeon. I mean she rushed down the hall and interrupted his lunch. The next thing I knew, I was wheeled in to see him and he operated the next day. She works well with my other specialists and she keeps my GP informed. Despite having this disease most of my life, I feel fortunate with Dr. Albert on my health team.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

One of the best doctors I've had the opportunity to see. Caring, skilled, detailed and inquisitive. Highly recommend

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

I was seeing another rheumatologist prior to being seen by Dr. Albert. I was very impressed during my first appointment. In the previous three years I had not experienced the level of care that I have with her. She began addressing issues that would be important for a woman in her late twenties: child bearing. The only other advice I had ever received, was "not on methotrexate". Not only is she engaged during the appointment, if you should need to consult outside of an appointment, I found she was easy to reach and I was able to arrange a phone and develop a new treatment plan with her. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Albert and the level of care that I have received from her!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Dr. Albert is the only specialist that I can think of that actually listens to the patient in such a thoughtful and caring way, that I have actually cried. I always always recommend her to anyone I think is suffering from an arthritic condition. As everyone says, lucky to have her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr. Albert's for 6 years and have only positive things to say about her. Under her care my condition has improved dramatically, and I'm very thankful for her care and attention. I've found her to be very patient, a good listener, she never rushes through the appointment, she is very professional and kind, and always takes the time to explain what's happening and why. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

For six years straight and counting, I am incredibly grateful for having Dr. Lori Albert as my rheumatologist. I can't imagine describing her in terms other than excellent. She has earned my respect and awe. I feel that she and I well work together to manage my disease. She listens and is engaged. She's as thoughtful as she is knowledgeable. She’s interested in my overall health. She’s supported by an efficient staff that helps extend her care. She works well with my team of health providers--always recommending other specialists for different issues and sharing my progress with my GP. And she’s so authentically nice. As a recipient of her care, I feel I have the most valuable player on my team. Her positive impact ripples in my life. Here's something I realized : my family and my circle of friends know of Dr. Albert, although they’ve never seen her. They hear of her dedication to my health, and they see me improve and get through. When my circle gets to embrace me, their gratitude also encircles Dr. Lori Albert. She receives my appreciation and admiration. Should she ever wonder if she’s making a difference or if she's really helping to improve her patients' quality of life, I'm someone who can confirm that she does. Her professionalism and kindness mean a lot to me.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

Dr. Lori Albert has been my rheumatologist since 1998. I have the utmost respect for her both as a dr. and a person. She has everything and more you'd want in a rheumatologist. A great bed-side manner, she's caring, knowledgeable but most of all she listens to you and you never feel as though she's rushing you through your appointment. If only all doctors could be like this!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I am a doctor myself and too kmy Down syndrome son to see Lori who used to work for me as a resident. She was very nice and good then and she is the same 25 years lateras a rheumatologist. Patient, knowlegable, reassuring. My son has a complicated illness: a combination of gout and osteoarthritis. She sorted this out nicely and gave my son a steroid injection is his knees with great skill. My son liked her very much and she treated him with dignity. Dr. Lori you are first class!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

She is very helpfull. She is very humble listen very careful.I am visiting her since 2006.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013