Ratings for Dr. Daniel Rayson

The best word for describing Dr. Rayson is an ANGEL. I do not think there is any doctor in the world who could be compared to doctor Rayson in terms of his care, kindness and bedside manner. He is also very knowledgeable in his field and yet extremely humble and down to earth. He explains difficult medical issues in simple language that is quite understandable to non-medical patients. Unlike some doctors who get offended if you seek 2nd opinion, he encourages you to get 2nd and 3rd opinion and facilitates your visit with the other doctors. The first time I met Dr. Rayson was in February of 2005, following a partial gastrostomy that I had in December 2004 in Europe where a 3.5-centimeter malignant carcinoid tumour was taken out of my stomach. Only a cancer patient would understand my initial shock after hearing the news, when the doctors in London hospital informed me that my cancer had already metastasized and is found in 5 out 6 glands they check. When I met Dr. Rayson, I was absolutely terrified, hopeless and sad. On the first meeting, he diminished my concerns significantly by explaining the nature of my cancer and assuring that he will do whatever in his power to help me out. Before our meeting, he had already ordered some tests to find out the extent of damage and was ready for me. He then immediately began towards a solution. He encouraged e to get second opinion to calm me down. I have been under his care for over 13 years now and feel so fortunate that have a doctor like him taking care of me. I wish there was a score of higher than 5 to give him. I always say that there is a place saved in heaven for hardworking doctors and burses. I am sure that his place would be a special one.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

I was very happy with the care I received from Dr rayson. He is a very compassionate man. My breast surgeon had told me undoubtedly that I would be getting chemo and radiation, however when I met with Dr rayson Helen reassured me that they got all the cancer in my breast and he didn't think I would need it

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

It's been over 10 years since I dealt with Doctor Rayson, or as my daughter, who was between the ages of 2 and 4, called him Doctor Raisin. He was my late wife's oncologist for about 2 1/2 years. My wife had a very difficult time of it, she was dealing with metastatic breast cancer. He always had time to sit with us to explain the options we had and lend an hear to our concerns. Compassionate? Unbelievably so. I had my daughter who was 4 at the time with me when Dr. Rays on had to tell me that my wife had about a week to live, she was in hospital at the time, then my daughter and I went to the chaplain's room so I could try to explain to her what was happening. A shirt while later in walked Dr. Raisin, scooping up my daughter in his arms crying. That showed me what an amazing human being he was. I would not hesitate to see him myself if I ever needed an oncologist.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

It's been eight years since I was treated for breast cancer by Dr. Rayson. I have to say he has to be the most caring, compassionate human being I have ever met. His compassion, professionalism, and excellence are unsurpassable.. Helen was also an absolute godsend. I never once doubted I was receiving the best care possible anywhere.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Dr. Rayson is a testament to his profession. He is,by far, one of the greatest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Our family went through a devastating ordeal, with both my Dad and brother battling cancer at the same time and dying within weeks of each other. Dr. Rayson was with us every step of the way. Such a kind, compassionate, and amazing individual. I could never, ever thank him, or Helen, enough for their support.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013

I have recntly been told i have cancer and i am am completely at a loss. Myself and my wife went into meet with dr rayson. Evereyone from his staff nurse (Helan) to him was such an incredible meeting. everything you read about this man and his staff do not even come close to saying enough about how compatient and dedicated he is to your well being. although as patients we are dealing with our illness, this man deals with a bad disease with badresults every day and every hour. yet he still maintains the same level of top notch care and compassion.... 2 months ago i would have said there is no such person....

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

As I reflect 9 yr post breast cancer treatment under Dr. Rayson's care, my first thought is that Dr. Rayson is our angel on earth. Anyone who is fortunate enough to have Dr. Rayson as his/her oncologist has certainly been blessed. Within 2 min of my first introduction to Dr. Rayson, I witnessed a man who is not just a doctor but also an amazing and compassionate human being. He goes above and beyond to explain each step of the process, taking the time necessary to discuss options and explain the journey ahead. In talking to other cancer patients in the waiting room, I soon learned he brought us all joy and hope. Dr. Rayson is humble, kind, gentle, honest, devoted, extremely knowledgeable, compassionate, very calming, comforting, positive and inspirational. I soon realized that he truly cares about all his patients. You will have to travel far in this world to ever find a better oncologist than Dr. Rayson. I owe my well-being to Dr. Rayson and his team. May God watch over him.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2012

ONCE WE MOVED ON (FROM SURGERY), MY GIRLFRIEND WAS ASSIGNED DR. RAYSON AND HIS STAFF FOR FURTHER CARE. WE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN ANY LUCKIER TO BE PLACED IN HIS CAPABLE HANDS. COMPASSION, CARING AND KNOWLEDGE IS JUST A COUPLE WORDS TO DESCRIBE THIS TEAM. I AGREE WITH THE POSITIVE COMMENTS GIVEN BY OTHERS.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

I don't think you could ask for a better Oncologist than Dr. Rayson. He takes the time to listen to your concerns and explains things in a compassionate and straight forward manner. His assisting nurse, Helen is exceptional. If you are lucky enough to have them as part of your care team you are in good hands.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2012

There are no words to describe how awesome Dr.Rayson and his staff are,but compassionate and caring and gentle would be the ones i would use

flag | Submitted April 28, 2012