Ratings for Dr. John LoMonaco

I recently had a major reconstructive surgery performed by Dr. LoMonaco and let me just say I have no regrets! From the process of scheduling my consultation, to having my operation, and even now during my recovery period, Dr. LoMonaco and his staff have been nothing short of helpful, professional, and very accommodating. The daily phone calls from his nurses and access to an on call nurse after my surgery gave me comfort and security during the weeks after my surgery. Matter of fact, even though I live out of state I felt as though I was just a short drive away from his office. Dr. LoMonaco and his staff were very competent and knew just what to do when minor complications appeared. Dr. LoMonaco is the perfect plastic surgeon if you're looking for someone that is skilled, listens to your concerns/needs, and doesn't try to "sell" you a procedure. The same can be said about his amazing staff as well. - Jaydan T

flag | Submitted December 10, 2016

Dr. Lomonaco, Destiny and Chela are absolutely amazing! They are caring, attentive and all around great! I had an arm, thigh, breast and body lift and could not be more impressed by his work! Thank you again! -Ashley S wisconsin

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

Dr J hon LoMonaco and his amazing staff are so amazing .I had concerns before but after my first consultation with Dr LoMonaco all of my concerns were gone. My surgery went great . The calls from his staff after going home only shows how concern they are for my well being . Thank you again for everything .

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

I saw Dr. Lomonaco for a tummy tuck back in 2009 and loved my results, surgery was great and recovery was fast, the staff at the office is great. He doesn't rush the consultation, he answers all the questions you have and makes it the best experience ever. I just recently saw him again in July 2016 for liposuction and breast lift w/ implants, the procedure was smooth. From the nurses, to the anesthesiologist at St. John's Hospital to Dr. Lomonaco and his staff I had a great experience the day of surgery and after surgery as well. Recovery was fast and smooth, once again I was completely satisfied with the results. After surgery Destiny or Chela would call me each day to check up on me, these girls are great.. I just started seeing Vicky for laser hair removal and I'm loving the results and after debating to make my lips fuller I finally caved in and I did lip augmentation with Vicky best decision I took I am loving the results, my lips are fuller and have that natural look. Go see Vicky she is awesome. I am also doing Belladerm scar therapy with Vicky and my scars look amazing, I will never go with any other doctor. Overall Dr. Lomonaco and his staff is awesome, I have recommended him to many of my friends who have already started seeing both Vicky and the Dr. Thanks for all you do !!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

I just would like to start out by thanking Dr L, Destiny, Chela, Stephanie, and Vikki...you and your staff are absolutelty amazing....I had extended tummy tuck with lipo to hips, waist and a small amount of fat to fill in suction on both sides of my butt 300 ccs....I am on my third day of recovery and I am doing well...I loved the attention of Dr l and Destiny...and the scar is the bomb..I wanted to cry when I saw it ..I loved the stay in the hospital..I felt like a queen for those days...I am still stolen but I can see my results r going to be amazing!!! I am healing with no pain...I am able to get through the healing process much better. because of Dr L's no pain rule... I would rate Dr L and his staff a 10...luv them!!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Dr Lomonaco and his staff were the best. I interviewed multiple surgeons and he was the only one who really understood what I wanted. He get's it! He and his staff prepared me, helped me get answers to what I didn't understand and were patient and re-assuring. My pain levels were practically nothing and I love my results. LOVE my results. Why didn't I do this years ago ...????

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Dr. Lomonaco and his staff were wonderful! They helped my daughter with a breast deformity that has changed her life for the better! Her self-esteem has greatly improved -- She even wore a swimsuit this summer! Thank you Dr. Lomonaco and staff!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

The absolute best thing has been my results. They have been beyond my expectations. I went to Dr. LoMonaco primarily based on his portfolio. His work is exceptional. . Every aspect of my experience was perfect. Dr. LoMonaco and his staff are incredibly nice and helpful. They put me at ease through every step and I felt like they were all very knowledgeable. My surgery was a breeze and recovery has been way easier than expected. Their website offers plenty of information about recovery that was great to be able to refer to. And my results are amazing! I couldn't be happier with how my procedure turned out. Dr. LaMonaco and the staff at St. John are really THE BEST.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

I really can’t say enough wonderful things about my year-long experience with Dr. LoMonaco and his staff! After losing 120 pounds through diet and exercise and waiting an additional year before contemplating excess skin removal surgery, I knew I wanted to find one of the most qualified plastic surgeons available to work on my full body makeover. I did my research and found many bariatric plastic surgeons all over the country, but the one thing that stood out the most about Dr. LoMonaco was all of his incredible, heartfelt reviews from former patients and the fact that none of them were negative… I knew then and there I needed to fly down to Houston to meet him in person for a consultation. It was obvious from the very beginning that Dr. LoMonaco truly cares for his patients and has extensive experience working with those who have lost massive amounts of weight. This kind of weight loss is life changing, both physically and emotionally, and Dr. LoMonaco really understands that. He talked with my mom and I for a couple of hours throughout the entire, lengthy consultation answering every one of the many questions we had and ultimately made sure I was completely comfortable with the idea of moving forward. He also gave me a copy of his book, “Bariatric Plastic Surgery: A Guide to Cosmetic Surgery After Weight Loss,” to read to further understand the many procedures I was scheduled to undergo. I would highly recommend reading this book to anyone interested in undergoing bariatric plastic surgery as it was very thorough and informative! When the time came for my two different surgical procedures, which occurred several months apart, both Dr. LoMonaco and his surgical nurse and right-hand woman, Destiny, made sure I felt very well cared for and completely comfortable throughout the entire experience. They both checked in throughout my hospital stay to make sure my pain was well managed and to ensure I was up and walking around. My first surgery included a lower body lift and breast lift with augmentation and my second surgery included an arm lift and inner thigh lift. Once I returned home after surgery, his fabulous nurses, Chela and Destiny, called at least once a day to check in on my post-surgical condition and provided instructions for my mom for at-home care. They also gave us an on-call cell phone number to both call and text at any time to ask questions, send pictures, and receive additional support. Whenever we were unsure about anything, such as the condition of my incisions, the fit of my compression garments, or even the application of the Embrace scar therapy strips, his nurses, Chela, Vicki, and Destiny, were all happy to have my mom and I come into the office without an appointment to make sure everything was being taken care of properly, which was a huge relief! I recently traveled back to Houston to have my one-year check up to assess any concerns I had with my body post-surgery and to take my “after” photos and felt welcomed back with open arms. Dr. LoMonaco and Destiny went out of their way to accommodate my travel schedule for my small scar revision procedure, which was provided free of charge in his office as a part of the many special services they offer that seem to go above and beyond the norm. Seeing my “before and after” photos together was amazing as well and I am beyond thrilled with my results! Dr. LoMonaco and his staff truly do operate as a fully competent, highly professional team and you can tell each staff member communicates effectively with one another so that everyone is in the loop at all times. All of his staff members knew both my mom and me very well by the end of our journey and really treated us like we were a part of the family, which was wonderful! I can’t imagine having chosen any other surgeon than Dr. LoMonaco as my experience was exceptional and I am so thrilled with the outcome! Thank you so much for everything Dr. LoMonaco, Destiny, Chela, and Vicki. I am incredibly grateful to all of you for your care, expertise, and support throughout this last year!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Dr. Lomonaco is wonderful. He will not simply perform work on you because you are requesting it, but rather have a discussion about what is right for you and your body type. He isn't interested in making you look plastic. He will tell you if that is the look you'd like there are plenty of other surgeons in Houston. He has an amazing bed side manner that has never changed over the years that I've been going to him . Love, love, love!!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

Dr. John LoMonaco's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr LoMonaco completed his General Surgery training at Memorial Hermann and MD Anderson Hospitals in Houston Texas in 1997 and went on to a plastic surgery fellowship at University of Texas Medical School-Houston. He spent 2 years researching skin substitutes and wound healing, and served as full time faculty at the University. He was also Director of the Plastic Surgery program at LBJ Hospital from 1998 - 2001 before he entered private practice. Dr LoMonaco enjoys one of the highest-rated practices by patients in the Houston area, and specialized just in breast and body procedures. He attributes the success of his practice to the unhurried, personalized service he and his staff deliver to each patient

• Spanish

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1990)

Workers Comp