Ratings for Dr. John LoMonaco

Quite simply put, Dr. LoMonaco is the best! From my consultation to my surgery and beyond, everything about my experience was more than I could have ever hoped for. I had lost over 175lbs after having gastric bypass surgery, and Dr. LoMonaco completely helped sculpt my body into the one I always dreamed was underneath all of the excess skin. He is very well-versed in the art of the body, especially after massive weight loss. He understands what the body can withstand, and how to make it look its very best. I had a 360 tummy tuck with a vertical incision, a breast lift and augmentation, an extended arm lift, and a thigh lift. All of the procedures were handled with the utmost of care, and after my surgeries his staff were all there to take care of me! Whether it was Vicki, his amazing esthetician, Destiny his flawless surgical assistant, or his caring nurse Chela, I was always treated like family, and I never doubted for a second that I would be a patient for life! They call and check on you everyday! I can't wait to see them again for any other plastic surgery needs! Thank you Dr. LoMonaco!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

I can't even begin to express how well of an experience I have had with Dr LoManoco and his staff . Vicky, Destiny, and Chella and Dr. LoMonaco have the best patient care and follow up standards. His job was amazing and his bedside manners and the way he has explained everything to me made my experience exceptional!! Dr. LoMonaco treated me as if he was treating a family member and not just another patient. I am beyond pleased and grateful for his job. If anyone is looking for a doctor that really cares, takes his time and is honest about what you need, look no more, this is your doctor!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

I am a 56 yr. old women who has had 3-sections and recently lost 70 lbs. Although I was very happy with the loss, I was very depressed at the appearance of my body. I decided to seek advice from a cosmetic surgeon. I researched for months to find the perfect Dr..  After many prayers and much soul searching I narrowed it down to 3 and Dr. LoMonaco was at the top of my list and after meeting with him and his staff my decision was made. He made me feel so comfortable and explained every detail of  what he thought would be best for me and I wouldn't have gone anywhere else. I can't say enough good things about his staff. From Vicky who took my before pics to Destiny and Chela his nurses,  They all made me feel so comfortable.  Destiny and Chela go above and beyond,not only did they help me through the entire process but they still call to check on me every day. I had my surgery Monday October 24, 2016 and after only 5 days I am taking 1 advil 4 times a day. My pain has been minimal. When I look in the mirror I get teary because I can't believe it's me. Dr. Lomonaco did an amazing job! He has given me back my self confidence and I am so thankful for him!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

The search for a bariatric plastic surgeon should not be taken lightly. That said, after a lengthy search, I decided to go to someone that I use to work with a decade ago, Dr. LoMonaco. I had gastric banding in 1999 and finally got the nerve to do a lower body lift. Everytime I've been to the office, the staff are kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable. Dr. LoMonaco guided me in my quest for surgery and assisted me in keeping realistic expectations (tummy tuck versus lower body lift). This was crucial to me as my short incision brachioplasty (performed by another surgeon) left me slightly dissatisfied. In the end, I chose the lower body left. Just prior to the surgery, I was quite anxious, as I am an OR nurse and know the procedure well. Mostly, I had concerns about post-operative pain control. This is crucial when you find an appropriate surgeon for this procedure! Dr. LoMonaco and his staff reassured me both in person and on the phone that my pain control would be kept to a minimum... I hate to sound haughty and superior, but I remember thinking "yeah right, you're going to be able to keep my pain under control after performing liposuction, and a lift 360 degrees around my body!" Thankfully, they were spot on in their prediction. I recall being in the recovery room before I received my PCA pump (the pump where you push the button for pain) and the pain was intense but not unbearable. I already had an implanted pain pump with local anesthetic which was much appreciated. As soon as I woke up enough in the recovery room, my nurse, hooked up my Dilaudid PCA pump. After this moment, all was well for the duration and to this date. I am 11 days post op. I spent two days in the hospital. Destiny (Surgical Assist) and Chela (RN) call you everyday after you are discharged from the hospital. You are provided a number for 24 hour assistance in case of problems. Had a known it would have been this easy, I would have done it 10 years ago. My results exceeded my high expectations. I'd also like to tell you a bit about Methodist St. John's Hospital: due to Dr. LoMonaco's detailed and consistent orders, the nursing staff were well versed in caring for his patients--from registration to readmission to discharge. The staff were on top of things and truly compassionate. The hospital was very clean. Know that I have high expectations for both surgeons and hospitals and neither disappointed!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

This was my second plastic surgery with Dr. LoMonaco. I got a c-section scar revision, lipo and fat transfer. It has been almost 6 weeks after the surgery and I'm pleased with the results. The scar is looking almost flat and so much better. My waist line is smaller and more defined because of the lipo, and I had a little bit of fat transfer to my hips. I'm skinny so there was not much fat to transfer but there was an improvement. I wish I had more fat to harvest. If I ever need any other plastic surgery I will go back to Dr. LoMonaco. I have low tolerance to pain and they did a good job about managing it. I was never in bad pain. His Nurses always returned my calls or texts even during the weekend. My only complain, and it's not about Dr. LoMonaco or his team, is that the lower part of my tongue was badly cut by the anesthesiologist nurse during surgery, I thought that was a little bit careless. I wish his office was still in Houston but I am willing to drive to Clear Lake to see him. Like the first time I had surgery with Dr. LoMonaco, my only regret was not doing it before!!!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I LOVE Dr. LoMonaco and his lovely staff! I was so nervous about getting surgery before meeting them for the first time. When I left his office from my initial consultation, he definitely put my mind at ease and I booked my surgery the same day. I knew I was making the right choice by choosing Dr. LoMonaco as my surgeon. During your consultation he takes his time about explaining what you want to get done and will be very honest with you and guide you to the right direction. His Surgical Tech Destiny is awesome! Her work is amazing like Dr. LoMonaco. His Nurse Chela and Destiny will call you everyday after surgery to make sure you are doing well. His staff are wonderful! The staff and nurses at St. John Methodist hospital, where he operates, are so caring. My Nurse Tara is such a sweetheart. I'm 4 days post op and I couldn't be happier with my results! I had a tummy tuck with muscle repair done with Lipo to my flanks and breast lift and I look amazing!!! Seriously look no more and choose Dr. LoMonaco, you won't regret it and will be pleased with your results! I'm so glad I did it!😁

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Vicki is my aesthetician. She is the first And only person I've let touch my lips since I've been interested in fillers. I've been seeing her for every session and I can honestly say she's the only person I will be seeing in my field of fillers. She's not only professional; she's precise and really perfecting her craft. She's truly gifted and always finds a way to collaborate on what we want to make happen. Nothing about the place is flawed and everyone is good energy. Really an enjoyable experience overall, I've gone 4 times all together and my lips look like a dream come True. The real commitment is the person you go to the first time you reach out, not the procedure itself. It's temporary Juvéderm which only lasts 6-12 months, so not only is it manageable, it's magical. They metabolize like actual fat and appear so natural. Very pleased!!! I am a happy patient.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

I recently had a major reconstructive surgery performed by Dr. LoMonaco and let me just say I have no regrets! From the process of scheduling my consultation, to having my operation, and even now during my recovery period, Dr. LoMonaco and his staff have been nothing short of helpful, professional, and very accommodating. The daily phone calls from his nurses and access to an on call nurse after my surgery gave me comfort and security during the weeks after my surgery. Matter of fact, even though I live out of state I felt as though I was just a short drive away from his office. Dr. LoMonaco and his staff were very competent and knew just what to do when minor complications appeared. Dr. LoMonaco is the perfect plastic surgeon if you're looking for someone that is skilled, listens to your concerns/needs, and doesn't try to "sell" you a procedure. The same can be said about his amazing staff as well. - Jaydan T

flag | Submitted December 10, 2016

Dr. Lomonaco, Destiny and Chela are absolutely amazing! They are caring, attentive and all around great! I had an arm, thigh, breast and body lift and could not be more impressed by his work! Thank you again! -Ashley S wisconsin

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

Dr J hon LoMonaco and his amazing staff are so amazing .I had concerns before but after my first consultation with Dr LoMonaco all of my concerns were gone. My surgery went great . The calls from his staff after going home only shows how concern they are for my well being . Thank you again for everything .

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Dr. John LoMonaco's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr LoMonaco completed his General Surgery training at Memorial Hermann and MD Anderson Hospitals in Houston Texas in 1997 and went on to a plastic surgery fellowship at University of Texas Medical School-Houston. He spent 2 years researching skin substitutes and wound healing, and served as full time faculty at the University. He was also Director of the Plastic Surgery program at LBJ Hospital from 1998 - 2001 before he entered private practice. Dr LoMonaco enjoys one of the highest-rated practices by patients in the Houston area, and specialized just in breast and body procedures. He attributes the success of his practice to the unhurried, personalized service he and his staff deliver to each patient

• Spanish

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1990)