Ratings for Dr. John LoMonaco

Dr. Lomonaco is wonderful. He will not simply perform work on you because you are requesting it, but rather have a discussion about what is right for you and your body type. He isn't interested in making you look plastic. He will tell you if that is the look you'd like there are plenty of other surgeons in Houston. He has an amazing bed side manner that has never changed over the years that I've been going to him . Love, love, love!!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

Dr. LoMonaco and his staff are amazing! I own a doctor's office myself and am very much aware of the level of professionalism and quality of patient care that is necessary for any good clinic to be successful. Dr. LoMonaco is by far one of the best doctors I have ever met and his staff is exceptional! When I arrived for my initial consultation, Stephanie not only greeted me very warmly at the front desk but took time to talk with me while I filled out paperwork and was being placed in a room. Upon your initial consultation with Dr. LoMonaco he takes a wonderfully genuine amount of time listening to exactly what your wants are for treatment. He will then truthfully answer all of your questions and concerns, along with giving you very realistic expectations of what you can accomplish through surgical intervention. I felt so comfortable with Dr. LoMonaco and his staff that I scheduled my surgery immediately! Two weeks prior to my surgery I was brought back in for another very detailed and thorough appointment, regarding both pre and post surgical details. During this appointment I initially met with Chela, one of Dr. LoMonaco's nurses, and was very impressed with her knowledge and patience going through these details and answering every last question I had. During my recovery process following surgery I have met with Chela during my appointments with Dr. LoMonaco and continued to be very impressed with her. I am a little over two weeks post mommy makeover surgery and feel great! I attribute my easy recovery and great results thus far to Dr. LoMonaco and his staff. Thank you guys!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Losing weight has been pretty long and hard journey but after the weight loss you have to deal with sagging skin, droopy breast. The journey doesn't end at losing the massive amount of weight but you also have to find the right Doctor to reconstruct your body the way it's suppose to be. I was determined to find the right Doctor for me. I needed someone carrying and understanding. Upon meeting with several top doctors I picked Doctor Lomonaco because he is not only your surgeon but also your friend. He will only advise you on the things he thinks are best for you so that you can have the best outcome for your body type. He is very honest and kind. He listened to everything I wanted and not once did I feel rushed or uncomfortable. Not only is he amazing but his staff is talented and loving as well. If you pick Doctor Lomonaco you are also picking a team of excellent staff members always ready with answers to all your questions. They are very attentive, punctual, & loving. I feel like I have gained a whole team of family members. I had complications with my left breast and it had to be removed but Destiny managed to pull some strings and got me a free implant!! She's a life saver!! During your operation Destiny will be there to talk to you before your surgery to put you at ease. Then after surgery her and doc will come check up on you. Her quick witted personality will make you feel safe you have someone alert and attentive working on your side. Chela & Destiny will always call and check up on you before and after your surgery to make sure you have all the information you need. Chela will be one of the girls you will follow up with in the office. She listens to all your concerns and answers anything that's on your mind. Don't feel worried or scared to ask her anything. She is very sweet and charming. She's like the sister I have always wanted but never had. You'll meet Vicky as soon as you walk in the front doors of Doctor Lomonacos office! She's always greeting you with the biggest and warmest smile! Either her or Chela will prep you before you meet doc. Not only is Vicky sweet she is also and perfectionest!! Who doesn't love that??! When I look in the mirror I don't recognize the girl looking back at me. I'm so happy I found a caring Doctor that did an amazing job on my body and a staff of brilliant women who work for him. I have so much that I have gained from these people! I got a beautiful body and a group of people who genuinely care about me and what I want!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Dr L and his staff are beyond amazing! My surgery was March 14, 2016. Not only was his staff wonderful but the staff at St John's was awesome too! The whole process from beginning until now, they have all been wonderful! I am very pleased with my results and highly recommend Dr L!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

I had a mommy makeover in February of 2016. Dr. LoMonaco and his staff were incredible, through every phase...pre op, during, and post op! The ladies in his office are amazing, and called to check on my every day for a week after my procedure. Even now at 3 months post op they take wonderful care of me. Definitely not one of those offices where they are done with you after they get your money. I wouldn't go anywhere else for cosmetic surgery needs!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I absolutely loved my experience with Dr. LoMonaco and his staff. I had my breast lift with him on 2/18/2016 after a consultation and pre-op appointment. He was very patient with all my 1,000 questions and concerns. He was honest and realistic about my outcomes. I didn't want to be told what I wanted was possible if it was not. His surgical approach made so much sense. I was a 32D/DD before surgery and did not want to be any bigger, just fuller and more lifted. I have 175cc moderate profile plus implants above the muscle. My recovery was wonderful. No excessive pain, no nausea. I followed his instructions to the letter and I am so pleased with my results. I am currently wearing all my old bras, but the beautiful thing is that when I take the bra off - my breasts just stay there!! The scars are healing wonderfully as well. I could not imagine what I would look like if I had gotten 400cc+ implants like other surgeons suggested after hearing that I wanted to stay the same size. Dr. LoMonaco took the time to listen to me and really provide me with the breasts I dreamed of. His office staff and nurses are caring and compassionate. They called to check on me daily after surgery. During office visits they really make you feel comfortable and go out of their way to let you know they are available. I can not say enough good things about Dr. LoMonaco and his staff. I remember seeing him on Plastic Surgery Before and After many years ago, although I went to him on the recommendation of 3 different friends (2 lifts with implants, 1 implants only). He is located about an hour away from me, and I would not hesitate to travel even further. I am so happy with my decision, and can not imagine trusting anyone else.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Dr. John LoMonaco is a top notch plastic surgeon with an eye for detail and precision and the compassion to care for you at the same time. He is passionate about you as a patient and he loves his art (which shows through his thorough consultations and the final product). I followed him since he premiered on a show called Big Medicine (circa 2007). I had my first consult in 2012 and I wasn't able to have my procedure until July 2014. I am very pleased with my results. Although this review is noted under thigh lift, I also had a buttock lift/Brazilian buttock lift, scar revision on breasts, and capsulorrhaphy. In addition to being a great surgeon, Dr. L. has an awesome staff. Destiny, his surgical assistant, is truly an angel. She is patient, considerate, understanding, and most of all she has the gift of follow up. She never once seemed annoyed with my repetitive questions and concerns. Please note, when choosing a surgeon, it is important to understand what he/she will do for you IF there are complications. How will revisions be handled? What about scaring? Dr. LoMonaco covered all of these items before the procedure.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

I am so pleased I chose Dr. Lomonaco for my breast reconstruction. He was thorough in the consultation and made sure he understood what results I was hoping to get. His bedside manner is wonderful and his work, well I couldn't be more pleased with him and his entire staff.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

After losing more than 100 pounds in my early 30s, I found myself feeling frustrated that I had done the work to transform my body but couldn't comfortably flaunt it. I had a tremendous amount of excess skin around my abdomen and long, deflated breasts. After meeting with several surgeons in New York, I was referred to Dr. Lomonaco by a former patient, who had wonderful things to say about his skills and care after her own body and breast lift a few years back. I flew to Texas to meet him, and was so immediately impressed that I booked a surgery date on the spot. Dr. Lomonaco's understanding of the body and its forms goes well beyond anatomy. He describes ideal proportions of the body in the context of Renaissance art. We discussed not only the things I wanted to change about my body, but also the things I liked about it. The narrowness of my waist and the width of my hips, and how I wanted to honor my natural shape. He was patient and forthcoming, generous with his time—our consultation lasted nearly three hours—and incredibly sensitive to the emotional nature of what he does. It isn't easy for a woman to speak openly about her body, but Dr. L creates a safe space to explore it, in a way that no one I've met, physician or otherwise, has ever quite managed to do. Leading up to my surgery date, Dr. L made himself and his staff—Destiny 1, Destiny 2, Chela, Vicki and everyone else—very available to me, answering questions and concerns big and small, and generally facilitating my comfort and calming my nerves at every turn. When I arrived in Texas for my pre-op appointment, he even remembered how much I loved the scent of palo santo, and surprised me with a few sticks of the calming incense to have on hand. My surgery took place at Houston Methodist St. John Hospital in Clear Lake, TX. Dr. L was the last smiling face I saw when I fell asleep and the first I saw when I came to. In the days following my surgery, I saw Dr. L and his nurses nearly every day. They stayed in constant contact with my husband and I, answering every question promptly and comprehensively. They stayed on top of my medications and offered solutions for me when I wasn't able to tolerate the strong painkillers. Most importantly, they made me feel human and dignified when I was at my most vulnerable. That high level of care continued after I was discharged from the hospital; I heard from Dr. L's team every day for nearly two weeks. They helped me manage some small issues that arose (very common and none the fault of any doctor or nurse—a UTI, and a minor infection at one of my drain sites, and a small opening in the incision beneath my left breast). I am now more than a month post op and still cannot get over how fine and delicate the incisions, and how perfectly Dr. L executed the vision we discussed. He retained my hourglass shape and lifted and sculpted my breasts so that they are full and a natural match for the rest of my body. I am the most scrupulous critic of tummy tuck belly buttons, and truly would not be able to pick mine out of a lineup. Dr. L reconciled the way I saw myself in my mind's eye with the reality of the person I saw in the mirror. He is more than a surgeon; in many respects, he is a true healer. He gave me the comfort and confidence in my body that had been just out of reach for me, even after making such a staunch commitment to my own wellness. That is a gift. Not a gift I take lightly nor a gift I'll ever allow myself to forget. Thank you for everything Dr. L.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

have nothing but praise for Dr. Lomonaco and his staff. They treated me with great care and personal attention. The day of surgery was smooth and simple. I was well cared for by his staff while in the surgical center. Dr. Lomonaco gave my husband his phone number. When I had been in surgery longer than he expected, he called Dr. Lomonaco to see if everything was ok. Dr. Lomonaco came out and reassured my husband that all was well. The follow-up care was just as remarkable. There was someone on-call 24/7 to take my calls if I had any questions or concerns. Destiny and Chela are angels! I recovered quickly and am thrilled with the final results.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Dr. John LoMonaco's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr LoMonaco completed his General Surgery training at Memorial Hermann and MD Anderson Hospitals in Houston Texas in 1997 and went on to a plastic surgery fellowship at University of Texas Medical School-Houston. He spent 2 years researching skin substitutes and wound healing, and served as full time faculty at the University. He was also Director of the Plastic Surgery program at LBJ Hospital from 1998 - 2001 before he entered private practice. Dr LoMonaco enjoys one of the highest-rated practices by patients in the Houston area, and specialized just in breast and body procedures. He attributes the success of his practice to the unhurried, personalized service he and his staff deliver to each patient

• Spanish

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1990)

• Blue Shield California