Ratings for Dr. John Lomonaco

Dr. John LoMonaco is a top notch plastic surgeon with an eye for detail and precision and the compassion to care for you at the same time. He is passionate about you as a patient and he loves his art (which shows through his thorough consultations and the final product). I followed him since he premiered on a show called Big Medicine (circa 2007). I had my first consult in 2012 and I wasn't able to have my procedure until July 2014. I am very pleased with my results. Although this review is noted under thigh lift, I also had a buttock lift/Brazilian buttock lift, scar revision on breasts, and capsulorrhaphy. In addition to being a great surgeon, Dr. L. has an awesome staff. Destiny, his surgical assistant, is truly an angel. She is patient, considerate, understanding, and most of all she has the gift of follow up. She never once seemed annoyed with my repetitive questions and concerns. Please note, when choosing a surgeon, it is important to understand what he/she will do for you IF there are complications. How will revisions be handled? What about scaring? Dr. LoMonaco covered all of these items before the procedure.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

I am so pleased I chose Dr. Lomonaco for my breast reconstruction. He was thorough in the consultation and made sure he understood what results I was hoping to get. His bedside manner is wonderful and his work, well I couldn't be more pleased with him and his entire staff.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

After losing more than 100 pounds in my early 30s, I found myself feeling frustrated that I had done the work to transform my body but couldn't comfortably flaunt it. I had a tremendous amount of excess skin around my abdomen and long, deflated breasts. After meeting with several surgeons in New York, I was referred to Dr. Lomonaco by a former patient, who had wonderful things to say about his skills and care after her own body and breast lift a few years back. I flew to Texas to meet him, and was so immediately impressed that I booked a surgery date on the spot. Dr. Lomonaco's understanding of the body and its forms goes well beyond anatomy. He describes ideal proportions of the body in the context of Renaissance art. We discussed not only the things I wanted to change about my body, but also the things I liked about it. The narrowness of my waist and the width of my hips, and how I wanted to honor my natural shape. He was patient and forthcoming, generous with his time—our consultation lasted nearly three hours—and incredibly sensitive to the emotional nature of what he does. It isn't easy for a woman to speak openly about her body, but Dr. L creates a safe space to explore it, in a way that no one I've met, physician or otherwise, has ever quite managed to do. Leading up to my surgery date, Dr. L made himself and his staff—Destiny 1, Destiny 2, Chela, Vicki and everyone else—very available to me, answering questions and concerns big and small, and generally facilitating my comfort and calming my nerves at every turn. When I arrived in Texas for my pre-op appointment, he even remembered how much I loved the scent of palo santo, and surprised me with a few sticks of the calming incense to have on hand. My surgery took place at Houston Methodist St. John Hospital in Clear Lake, TX. Dr. L was the last smiling face I saw when I fell asleep and the first I saw when I came to. In the days following my surgery, I saw Dr. L and his nurses nearly every day. They stayed in constant contact with my husband and I, answering every question promptly and comprehensively. They stayed on top of my medications and offered solutions for me when I wasn't able to tolerate the strong painkillers. Most importantly, they made me feel human and dignified when I was at my most vulnerable. That high level of care continued after I was discharged from the hospital; I heard from Dr. L's team every day for nearly two weeks. They helped me manage some small issues that arose (very common and none the fault of any doctor or nurse—a UTI, and a minor infection at one of my drain sites, and a small opening in the incision beneath my left breast). I am now more than a month post op and still cannot get over how fine and delicate the incisions, and how perfectly Dr. L executed the vision we discussed. He retained my hourglass shape and lifted and sculpted my breasts so that they are full and a natural match for the rest of my body. I am the most scrupulous critic of tummy tuck belly buttons, and truly would not be able to pick mine out of a lineup. Dr. L reconciled the way I saw myself in my mind's eye with the reality of the person I saw in the mirror. He is more than a surgeon; in many respects, he is a true healer. He gave me the comfort and confidence in my body that had been just out of reach for me, even after making such a staunch commitment to my own wellness. That is a gift. Not a gift I take lightly nor a gift I'll ever allow myself to forget. Thank you for everything Dr. L.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

5 weeks after TT Lipo and BBL After months of research in regards of a TT, Lipo and BBL procedure I found Dr Lomonaco. Although his location was a good distance from me I decided to consult with him. From my first visit I knew I had made the right choice. Dr. L spend a long time explaining the procedures and answering questions, he was very clear about what to expect in regards of outcome, recovery and other concerns. The day of the surgery he reassure me it was normal to feel nervous and he lightened up the mood by making a few jokes. Surgery was a breeze, I spend the night at St John’s Hospital where the staff was wonderful. I saw Dr. L the next morning as well as his nurse Destiny who assisted him during surgery, they have a wonderful bed site manner. During the first week after discharged, I was called every day by nurses Sheila or nurse Destiny to check up on me, I was also sent home with a pain pump that administered medication for 3 day after discharged. My level of pain was minimal after surgery and I was able to control it with ibuprofen and Tylenol. At the office the staff was great from Patty, Vicki and Stephanie they all were wonderful courteous and always concern over my wellbeing. Vicki was excellent in suggesting additional beauty treatments , love her professionalism and warmth towards clients. In a nutshell nothing but A+++++++++ and positive things to say about Dr. Lomonaco and his staff. Best decision I have ever made.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

After years of eating right, toning up, and losing the weight I wanted, I began to notice with age, there were a few other things about my body I wanted changed, but needed help in doing so. I debated for years and then began to researched on what surgeon I was going to choose to help me with these changes. Being a nurse for over 25 years, I’ve work with many doctors, so I also asked around. Both in what I read and from what many told me, I finally chose Dr. John LoMonaco. It was already obvious that he was a highly skilled and intelligent plastic surgeon, but the kicker was his bedside manner. In almost a year’s time of knowing him, he has ALWAYS had time for me. Even on the weekends, he and his staff are just a cell phone call away. He loves to educate and is a great mentor to his staff. They are all warm, energetic, and keep you movitated. I ultimately chose to have a chest lift, with implants, and an abdominoplasty. I’m about 10 months post op and am heeling wonderfully and looking awesome. You won’t have any regrets going to Dr. LoMonaco. He is a perfectionist in what he does and that’s a big PLUS for all his patients. Trust he will take very good care of you. Thanks Doc! SJFoster

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

I have nothing but praise for Dr. Lomonaco and his staff. They treated me with great care and personal attention. The day of surgery was smooth and simple. I was well cared for by his staff while in the surgical center. Dr. Lomonaco gave my husband his phone number. When I had been in surgery longer than he expected, he called Dr. Lomonaco to see if everything was ok. Dr. Lomonaco came out and reassured my husband that all was well. The follow-up care was just as remarkable. There was someone on-call 24/7 to take my calls if I had any questions or concerns. Destiny and Chela are angels! I recovered quickly and am thrilled with the final results.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Dr. LoMonaco and his staff are awesome and definitely make you feel very comfortable with all of your appointments. For my consultation he spent over an hour with my husband and I and really listened to all of my concerns and was focused on getting me the end result I desired. The bedside manor was also fantastic, I felt very at ease. After breast augmentation surgery, my friends and family have said that my breasts look very natural and you can't really tell that I had anything done except them looking fuller, which is exactly what I wanted! I've seen many pictures of breasts that looked too fake and I was very concerned I would come out looking the same way. Dr. LoMonaco made me look beautiful and I will definitely be sending friends and family his way, don't see anyone else!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

I was referred to Dr. LoMonaco and I am very grateful I chose him as my surgeon. He is very professional and listens to your concerns. He takes the time to get to know you and you never feel rushed. As a medical professional myself I appreciate how meticulous he is and his safety concern in his practice. The staff is great and very helpful also. I am very pleased with my results and thankful for a great experience!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

I first went to Dr. Lomonaco because of his stellar reviews, focus on safety, and experience in exactly the areas that were important to me. I loved that he personally responded to his emails also. He does these things with all of his patients - which shows his dedication to what he does After my first consultation, he spent so much time going into detail and answering every concern and giving me his full and unhurried attention, I knew I had found my surgeon. He also has a top-notch staff from Destiny and Chela who assist with pre and post surgery to Vicky on skincare To Hannah on payment plans I had an easy surgery experience and someone from his staff called every day and made sure I had a contact number at all times Surgery went without a hitch and I do not think I could have possibly had a better outcome. I am a 61 year old who takes very good care of herself. I exercise and eat a very healthy plant based diet. I also looked good in clothes but I had excess skin that no amount of exercise could change. That said, there was no way I expected to have the body I ended up with after surgery - extended tummy tuck, lift and small implants. Every visit since my surgery six weeks ago, I have had no wait, had every question answered and the entire office makes you feel like a friend I wish I was better with words so I could express how very thankful I am to him and his staff and how lucky I was to find him. He truly is an artist.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

Dr. John Lomonaco's Credentials

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1990)

Sask Health