Ratings for Dr. Sanjoy Kundu

I have went to Dr Kundu’s clinic on a few occasions in hopes to get rid of my varicose/spider veins. My first time was 4 yrs ago. I had a referral from my family MD so I did not have to pay for my initial consultation with the Dr. At the initial consultation he evaluated my issue and has done the ultrasound to rule out the Venus reflux. I was informed I didn’t have the Venus reflux but would need 2-3 sclerotherapy/laser treatments to get rid of my surface veins. After a couple of treatments that cost me over $900 I decided to wait out and see if I needed more after 2-3 once all bruising and discolouration is gone. I purchased Brimelain tabs to help with this as per their instructions. Unfortunately 3 months after my legs got so much worse and when I emailed the clinic with my concern including photos I was simply told this happens sometimes and it’s the side effect of the treatment and I would need to come back for more sclerotherapy. I have gone to another clinic two yrs after and they even did worse of a job on my veins then I decided to go back to Dr Kundu’s office for a 2nd time. This time around I did not see the Dr even though 4 yrs have gone by and my veins got worse. Instead of another ultrasound being done first to rule out the Venus reflux they simply went ahead with three sclerotherapy sessions convincing me my veins would look much better after three treatments I needed. It was a different nurse performing my treatments this time than the first time around. She had no people skills. Didn’t even introduce her self coming in to do my first treatment. Was very quiet and serious thoughout not explaining anything to me and I felt very uncomfortable. I had spent over $1200 this time around and my veins did not improve at all, just kept getting worse and worse. I started feeling more pain, burning, throbbing and heaviness as well as started getting swelling in my right calf. Again, I decided to find another clinic and get a 3rd opinion. After hearing me out as well as evaluating my symptoms the new clinic has ordered an ultrasound to be done at TGH The ultrasound result showed Venus reflux in my saphenous vein. No matter how many sclerotherapy sessions I had done or kept on getting because of this underlying issue my veins would keep getting worse. Sometimes I believe these clinics only want your money. This clinic advised EVLT which is at least $3500 This doesn’t end here. I was referred to a different clinic for the EVLT treatment and when seen by a new Dr he again did another ultrasound and discovered that my vein reflux was not in my saphenous vein but it was actually off of it which could be treated by duplex ultrasound guidance foam sclerotherapy at $60 x 2-3 sessions I needed instead of $3500! After all I have gone through I have finally found a clinic and staff who seemed to care about my vein issue. From Dr to nurses and receptionist everyone is very friendly and professional. Already had my first treatment and I hope we can put an end to my suffering with varicose veins. Good luck to you all out there finding the right clinic for you and getting your issue treated properly and not paying an arm and a leg for it.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2018

Dr. Kundu is extremely knowledgeable. I was referred due to complex vascular history in hopes he could remove very painful varicose veins. He went above and beyond in searching for the root of my problem. After reviewing extensive imaging that he requested, he was able to solve and treat my underlying issue.... something many doctors and radiologists missed for 15 years. After Dr. Kundu successfully treated my underlying issue, I then decided on the Venaseal ablation for both legs. All details were clearly explained and outlined in the information package. I was appreciative of the after care and the unlimited access to asking questions throughout the very minimal recovery phase by calling the clinic or emailing. I always got a response by the staff team or by Dr. Kundu himself. I am very happy with the results. Not only do my legs look better, my swelling has significantly improved and best of all I no longer have pain. I highly recommend Dr. Kundu. He has changed my life.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

95% of those INITIALS AFTER HIS NAME ARE COMPLETE NONSENSE.....shameful

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

A busy 9-5 woman that I am it is usually difficult to get a specialist appointment as soon as possible and at a time that does not conflict with my work schedule. Dr. Kundu's front desk staff was very helpful in ensuring a fast appointment that fit my schedule! Upon meeting Dr. Kundu, I was surprised that he approached me professionally in a timely manner. He made my examination very comfortable and is very knowledgeable about all EVLT procedures. He provided me with information to take home to review and read. With his long and vast experience in vascular studies I was sure I would have my leg vein treatment done by him. He is patient and willing to take the time to answer questions I have. His lovely staff stopped me before I left to ask if I had any inquiries about anything the doctor has told me to make sure I left understanding everything I needed to know. Very professional.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Generally, a surgeon relationship results from a GP referral, covered by OHIP, so no need for someone with little medical knowledge to research and understand the benefits of one physical over another. In the case of choosing a doctor to perform EVLT, a superior procedure not covered by OHIP, the onus is on the patient to make what they hope is an informed decision. It is your legs after all. So this can be stressful and confusing. In my case, I liked Dr Kundu and chose to proceed with a booking until I got some conflicting information in a second opinion from a vascular surgeon that changed my mind on who I would like to perform the procedure. When I called Dr Kundu's office to cancel my appointment, I was told that my deposit was non-refundable! I think it's unethical and speaks loudly about the level of post operative patient care that I might have received. I feel great about my decision to go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Dr. Kundu was the surgeon overseeing my Fibroid UAE. Although he's a little hard to track down for follow up. I would have to say he's very intelligent and I had no issues with him at all. I think he's good at what he does and treats people like people. He's actually a very likable doctor. He took the time to answer my questions in an intelligent and non-condescending way. I would recommend him for anyone suffering from Fibroids that might be a candidate for UAE surgery.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

Dr. Kundu is very skilled and intellgent, and treats his patients with the up most care and consideration. I am extremely happy with my surgery results for UFE and I really owe him a lot of gratitude.Thank you Dr. Kundu.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

My wife's experience with Doctor Kundu was very positive compared to what we had experienced in Quebec. Not only were we able to get an appointment right away but several treatment options were explained to her. All costs were discussed. As well, Doctor Kundu referred us to his website where a lot of information on each procedure was available online. In the end my wife opted to have the EVLA procedure which went smoothly and without discomfort. The follow-up's were thoroughly professional and she was able to get all of her questions and concerns answered without feeling rushed. She is very satisified with the results.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

I had a terrible experience and would like to warn others. I only wanted a couple of veins treated and asked it my legs could be made to look perfect. Dr. Kundu said yes. Monica went to town on my legs with unnecessary sclerotherapy in multiple location on my legs saying she needed to treat feeder veins. As a result, two weeks after I took the stocking off and still a year later I have bulging veins which I have NEVER had before, a brown spot and numerous spider veins. I think they intentionlly damaged more veins, so they could potentially make more money from me later. I would never recommend this place as there is no excuse for what they did. They could have simply injected the two small veins and told me to wait to see the results, but now my legs are such that I am embarrassed to show them in public, whereas before my legs were fine.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

Dr. Sanjoy Kundu's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Our founding physician and current Medical Director is Dr. Sanjoy Kundu MD, RVT, RPVI, FRCPC, DABR, FASA, FCIRSE, FSIR, FACPh. Dr. Kundu completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Western Ontario followed by medical school and a post-graduate residency in Diagnostic Imaging at the University of Toronto. He completed a Fellowship in Angiography and Interventional Radiology (Minimally Invasive Image Guided Procedures) at the University Health Network in Toronto. He is an active fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons. Dr. Kundu is licensed to practise in Ontario and is board certified in the United States. He is also one of a handful of physicians in Canada certified by The American Board of Phlebology in the diagnosis and treatment of venous disease. He is also certified as a Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Dr. Kundu has been approved by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario to expand his scope of practice and perform Endovenous Laser Ablation for the treatment of varicose veins in 2003. Dr. Kundu has also trained with Dr. Robert Min, a world expert and a pioneer in endovenous laser ablation of varicose veins. He has also trained with Dr. Robert Weiss, a world expert in the treatment of venous disorders including varicose veins and spider veins. He is a member of the Radiological Society of North America, the Society of Interventional Radiology, the American College of Phlebology, the American Society of Angiology, the Society of Vascular Ultrasound, the Canadian Interventional Radiology Association, the American College of Radiology, and the Interventional Radiological Society of Europe. Dr. Kundu is a member of the Technology Assessment Committee, Standards of Practice Committee, Annual Meeting Abstract Committee, and Quality Improvement Committee at the Society of Interventional Radiology. He is also a member of the Public Education Committee at the American College of Phlebology, member of the Scientific Abstract Committee at the Radiological Society of North America and a member of the Abstract Committee at the Society of Vascular Ultrasound. Dr. Kundu has also served on the editorial board of the Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology and the Journal of Vascular Access. He is also an expert reviewer for the Journal of Endovascular Therapy, Journal of Phlebology, European Journal of Radiology, and Journal of the Canadian Association of Radiology. He has also served as Chair of the Standards of Practice Committee and Standards Division Executive Councillor at The Society of Interventional Radiology. He has been awarded Fellowship in the American Society of Angiology, Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe, Society of Interventional Radiology, and American College of Phlebology for his contribution to Endovascular Medicine and Minimally Invasive Image Guided Procedures. Currently, Dr. Kundu is involved in giving lectures worldwide on the technique and most recent advancements in Endovenous Laser Ablation for varicose veins and the latest treatment techniques for spider veins. As an interventional radiologist he is specialized in image-guided endovascular procedures both in the venous and arterial systems using ultrasound or fluoroscopic guidance. Dr. Kundu utilizes a unique micropuncture technique to perform endovenous laser ablation and has had a 99% technical success rate to date. In addition to his duties at The Vein Institute of Toronto™, Dr. Kundu also practices at Scarborough Hospital-General Campus where he founded the Uterine Fibroid Embolization Program, Carotid Stenting Program along with a number of new leading edge minimally invasive imaged-guided procedures. He is currently the Medical Director of the Uterine Fibroid Embolization Program, Carotid Stent Program and Co-Medical Director of the Aortic Aneurysm Endograft Program at the Scarborough Hospital. Dr. Kundu is also affiliated with the University of Toronto and involved in teaching residents and fellows at the Scarborough Hospital. Dr. Kundu is currently involved in a number of research projects, including the assessment of covered stents for the treatment of central venous disease in hemodialysis patients; assessing the flow characteristics post-balloon angioplasty for hemodialysis intervention; and optimizing treatment of spider veins using surface laser therapy.

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union