Ratings for Dr. Schanna Vandekamp

Told my dad it was "all in his head". Not willing to do anything to help a man who lost 40 pounds in the past 2 months with extreme pain in his abdomen. Do not recommend this doctor. Drove 4 hours and waiting 6 hours in the waiting room to find answers and all we got was a response of "he's just thinking too much and it's all in his head".

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

I saw Dr. Vandekamp as a fill in for my prenatal doctor at Lakeside medical and she was a fabulous doctor. I am thankful to have access to doctors like her.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

The best ER doctor. I have Crohn's and before she starts to look for other possible causes that brought me to the ER, she rules out the Crohn's first. She has tended to me twice at the ER and once as the walkin doctor at Lakeside. Caring, knowledgeable and listens before diagnosing.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

i hope she care more for the people that waiting for her, i dont think she care about the patient at all

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

She was the on call doctor when I went into labor. She was caring, compassionate and awesome!! I can't say enough good things about her. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

She saw me on one of the worst days of my life. I am sure she was very busy but took the time to listen and treated me with compassion and empathy. Her bedside manner is extraordinary. Because of her I have found my way out of what I thought was a hopeless situation.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

She filled in a became my doctor when I was pregnant with my first child... she was amazing, very nice, knowledgable, patient and all around awesome!... I am sad that she is only doing Emerg. medicine since I would LOVE to have her as my family doctor!!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

Dr. Vandekamp attended to me when I went to St Paul's emergency due to severe pain caused by my gallbladder stone. She treated me with empathy instructed the nurse to give me a pain medication to relieve the pain that I have been suffering for several days without relief. I am still in the surgeons waiting list, but she have given me a better medicine to at least be able to do some chores and most of all sleep at night.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

This woman is a phenomenal doctor. She is young, but that does not hinder her fantastic bedside manner or knowledge. I was admitted to emergency a couple weeks ago with severe abdominal pain. The nurses told me to have a seat but I went ghostly white and started to pass out so the nurses admitted me and about 5 minutes later Dr. Van de Kamp was in my room (another dr was with her - probably supervising). I told her my concerns and what I was feeling (at 3am no less), she cared and really, honestly listened to me. She ran some tests, when they came back negative she pretty much figured out what was wrong and had to do a pelvic exam, which was not awkward at all (as we all know always is). She was really very nice, if she were a family doctor I would be switching to her in a heart beat. Fabulous dr.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

Very helpful. Organized. Didnt mind questions and clarified all issues. Really seemed caring

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012