Dr. James W. Cahill

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. James W. Cahill

I had a total knee replacement surgery. Dr.Cahill informed me of all procedures before surgery and I was prepared for everything. The surgery went well and I am amazed at how much progress I made after surgery. Dr Cahill is such a wonderful man. He truly cares about his patients. He came to see me everyday in the hospital. I have recommended Dr Cahill to many people so far. And will do so in the future. Dr Cahill is amazing.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2018

I came to Cahil Orthopedics due to patella instability. I first had it in left knee and they sent me to physical therapy to try and correct it. After a few months of therapy, I had less pain in my left knee. Almost a year later, I disclocated my right knee and had patella instability in that one as well. I was placed in an immobilizer to prevent anymore dislocations that could occur. After being taken out of the immobilizer I was sent to physical therapy in hopes of avoiding any and all operations. Physical therapy with HUMC definitely helped and I was able to avoid any operation for my knee. After 6 weeks of therapy, I am happy with the help of Doctor Cahill and am happy that I have limited pain and I am less restricted.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

Dr. Cahill is great. I feel so much better. Everything worked out great.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

Unfortunately, if you are not a text book case, Dr. Cahill lacks the ability to think outside the book ~ completely disregarding your pain and mentally disengaging from your particular issue. Do your research, take your time and trust your instincts. 3 down - and finally found a doc that makes sense, gives more than 1 word disengaged answers, listened and can look me in the eye! Treats the patient and the illness!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

Dr. James W. Cahill

Dr. James W. Cahill's response
We take all feedback very seriously. In cases where a patient comes in with a particular course of action in mind, it can sometimes be difficult to present a different strategy. As doctors, our training and experience guides us to lay out the safest, most responsible path for a patient’s care. We do not take our patient’s trust lightly. While we are open to discuss a patient’s goals and ideas, ultimately we cannot proceed in a direction that we see as either harmful or ineffective. We always appreciate the opportunity to further communicate and explain our appropriate caution and reserve rather than part ways with a patient. But medical care is a choice. If a patient feels more comfortable with another provider, we encourage that and will provide what resources we can to connect them elsewhere. If we can be of any help to patients with concerns or questions, we encourage contacting our office. We have been fortunate to have excellent feedback and outstanding reviews from the from the vast majority of our patients. We continue to practice orthopedic surgery and sports medicine in a thorough, compassionate, and professional manner.

Submitted July 5, 2018

Dr was very thorough. Will definitely recommend Dr. Cahill. Office staff was excellent.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

Excellent experience with good results due to the experience and excellent job done by you and your staff.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

I had a lateral release because my kneecap was popping in and out when bending it and it was an easy recovery. It was not painful and gave me better quality of life. My kneecap no longer Pops in and out, and I have no pain and full ROM after 6 weeks

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

I had total shoulder replacement, same day surgery. I am 100 percent satisfied with the outcome 6 months post surgery.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

Would not think of going anywhere else great Doctor with a great staff.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2018

I had a total knee replacement and every thing went perfect the only negative comment I have is I should have had it done sooner.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

Dr. James W. Cahill's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Hackensack, NJ