Dr. James W. Cahill

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. James W. Cahill

My Dr and staff were great. Gave realistic expectations, which were met. Had rotator cuff (80 percent tear) repair, Plus labrum repair, bicep tendon relocation (sorry, forgot the fancy industry lingo for this ), and bone spur filed down. First night after surgery was uncomfortable (naturally...it IS surgery), after that I had no (real) pain, and took no pain pills, and was able to sleep with relative ease. Started phys therapy about 5 days later, and it got easier from there. I returned to work within a few days (light duty) after surgery. 9 days later I was racing one of my cars .. (please do not tell my Doctor! Actually...you can tell him...just do not tell my wife!! .. ) I believe the key is to keep moving. Do not just lay there and do nothing. Do as much light duty activities as you can...and PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR PHYS THERAPIST. Do some of the excercises at home/work, and you will be back to normal quickly. (It does take time but be patient ) I am about 5 months out from surgery at this writing, and feel I am 95 percent back to where I was before the injury was realized/diagnosed. No real issues, much of the strength is back, no pain, no scars (orthoscopic so they were tiny incisions ), etc. Easy.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2019

I was dealing with knee pain for a nearly a year. Diagnosed with meniscus tears in both. My surgery went great and was back on my feet the next day. The Dr's and staff have been incredible! And most importantly my knees feel great!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2019

The results from surgery are great. I have little to no pain from the surgery and working with the staff made the experience better.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2019

Dr Cahill performed a total hip replacement a year ago on me. His professional and personal attention was more then I expected from any Doctor. He put my mind at ease about the procedure especially after hearing all the negative story about the procedure. After he explained it and reassured me that it would not be as bad as what I was hearing. I took his advise and completed the surgery. I am so glad I did and wish I did it earlier !!!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2019

Orthroscopic knee surgery. Dr Cahill and staff have been great from start to finish. 2 1/2 months and my knee is great, back to doing the things previous to my injury..

flag | Submitted December 27, 2018

Dr Cahill performed a rotator cuff repairs after tennis injury. Doctor Cahill's office is very nice and supportive with surgery arrangements and scheduling. Dr Cahill is a kind and caring surgeon and I had great results from repair, with tennis racquet back in hand at 7 months post. As luck would have it I had not separate trip and fall accident a few weeks later on same shoulder. My rotator cuff repair held up beautifully but I fractured my shoulder . I did it out of town and called Dr Cahill from the car driving back. He was wonderful! He saw me right away and had me immobilized to start the healing. He has been carefully managing my progress with PT, X-ray review and followup. I have had great result with very good mobility and range of motion restored. I appreciate Dr Cahill and his staff for all the care they have provided to me this past year. .

flag | Submitted December 18, 2018

Dr Cahill leaves no stone unturned. I am extremely happy with his care. Staff is awesome!!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2018

Had tendonitis surgery on left elbow.its 100 percent better. Dr.Cahill is the best.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2018

Amazing experience. My ruptured Achilles surgery performed by Dr. Cahill could not have gone better. I have had no pain whatsoever and the recovery has been just as Dr. Cahill advised prior to surgery...maybe even better. Everything from the first appointment to the surgery and through the follow up appointments has been a great experience. Dr. Cahill and his staff made what could have been a difficult experience into a totally manageable and easy recovery. I highly recommend!!!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2018

Dr. Cahill did a great job overall ! The staff was extremely helpful from squeezing me in once the Mri results came back and I needed surgery sooner rather than later , and the surgical coordinator did a tremendous job getting everything done in a short period of time!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2018

Dr. James W. Cahill's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1990)

Health Net