Dr. David B. Adams

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. David B. Adams

Very precise diagnosis of the underlying conflicts and comprehensive knowledge of the most targeted solution. He is awesomely attentive and focused. He sees through the defenses and excuses that I made for myself, my boss...my children. Depression has lifted, and anxiety is resolved. I am a very pleased former patient. Thanks doc; you are the greatest.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018

Psychoanalysis Spot on! Dr. Adams knows his stuff, and he can help you get your stuff together. I once knew a Psychologist who I thought of like a shot gun. He would listen, abstract away the details, and fire in a healing way. Dr. Adam’s is more like a rapid fire Gatling machine gun. He is fast, accurate, and clears things up in seconds flat. Psychiatric Medicine Dr. Adam’s is well versed in psychiatric medicine. He can tell you what medicines will help you, how they might affect you, and what the alternatives are. He can refer you to helpful Psychiatrists who will benefit you rather than treat you with their interest as the top priority in treatment. My personal Favorite: Weaponry Need to stand up for yourself? Dr. Adams can tell you how. Need to face your fears? Dr. Adams knows what can help you. Confused about all that? Dr Adams can clear things up for you. He can tell you how to shoot, what to shoot, and how to hit the target. But he can’t do it for you. You have to do the shooting: i.e. the work. Summation Dr. Adams is a highly educated, experienced, and talented PhD Psychologist, and he knows a lot about other areas of medicine out side of mental health. He simply is good at what he does. And to that statement I think he might say, “Yes I am”.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2018

I consider myself fortunate to have found Dr. Adams. He listens, understands, and offers thoughtful and constructive advice. He has created an environment where I am comfortable discussing my issues and know that Dr. Adams will provide me with honest and objective feedback. He has proven to be someone that I trust and whose input I value greatly. I cannot say enough about how helpful and productive my time spent with Dr. Adams has been. He is a wise perceptive man with a nice touch of humor sprinkled in now and then. MB

flag | Submitted November 9, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Adams for many years. He has helped me in all different areas of my life. Thanks to him, I have grown and changed in ways I never would have imagined!!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2018

I see Dr. Adams when I fly to Atlanta for business. I initially saw him for anxiety and depression, but more recently, he has helped me clarify business decisions. I was getting in my own way. He is extremely well-informed, understands how individuals and groups interact. Just as important, he creates a setting that is both clinical and comforting at the same time. I could not be more pleased; I know my wife is and my business has benefitted.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2018

Researched heavily, ratings were accurate, great practice and doctor. Saved my job, marriage and perhaps my life. I was truly a mess, making myself and others miserable. Thanks doc, more than you know. - Nancy L.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2018

Until I starting treatment with dr. Adams . I kept making the same mistakes over and over. I am in a high level position at work but still felt inferior and overwhelmed. Now I can see myself clearly, my life is better, and I have self- respect for my accomplishments. He turned my life around.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

Emotional conflict was ruining my company. He resolved it all. Finally anxiety free.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2018

Relocating from Florida to Atlanta. Did search for best psychologist in Atlanta, and I have had my first visit with the doctor. I was mightily impressed. He is very patient, wise, perceptive and feels quite invested. I am pleased if not thrilled with my choice.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2018

Been in the mental health care system for many years; nothing was working, and I still did not understand the cause or solution to my problems. He has been awesome, and I truly believe my life is now on track. Greatly appreciated.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2018

Dr. David B. Adams's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Board Certified in Clinical Psychology (ABPP) Fellow, American Academy of Clinical Psychology Fellow, Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine Fellow, American Psychological Association Fellow, Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy Distinguished Practitioner - Emeritus - National Academies of Practice in Psychology Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (Interjurisdictional Practice) Diplomate, Academy of Integrative Pain Management

• English

• University of Cincinnati
  • Xavier University
  • University of Alabama

• Distinguished Practitioner - Emeritus - National Academies of Practice in Psychology

• Adams, D. B. (1997) Recovery from orthopaedic trauma: psychodynamics and psychopathology - conclusions & recommendations. Psychotherapy Bulletin, 32, 2, 13-16.
  • Adams, D. B. and Wasserburger, L. B. (1997) Psychologic factors affecting soft tissue injury: psychodynamics, psychopathology, and impact upon recovery. In Windsor and Lox (Eds) Soft Tissue Injuries: Diagnosis and Treatment. Philadelphia: Hanley & Belfus.

HealthFirst