Ratings for David B. Adams

Found the doctor I was looking for. He is wise, gentle and caring and very well informed. He seems to well understand other professions, especially in the tech sector, which lets him understand the incredible pressures that I face.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2019

This is one very busy doctor. I was fortunate to get an appointment time. He is very knowledgable , precise, non-judgmental and caring. I am a male and opening up is far from easy for me. I feel that he has been there for me and helps me resolve those things which have haunted me.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2019

I would highly recommend Dr.Adams. He has already made a huge difference in my day to day life and outlook on the future. He patiently works with me as I face the difficulties of my past and offers encouragement for the future. He is wise and personable. I look forward to my visits and leave feeling like a weight has been lifted off of me.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2019

If possible I would give the doctor and nurse 10 stars. They are so efficient and responsive. I did a lot of online research before asking to be accepted as a new patient. I am making a great deal of progress. Is it too much to say that psychotherapy has turned my life around?

flag | Submitted August 6, 2019

I gather his practice stays full, but I prevailed upon the office to work me in with the first available opening. I have now been seen six times. I am so pleased with how I am doing. So impressed and appreciative.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2019

This is serious psychological care. He retains my family, marital and work histories, remembers the names of those who have been a problem in my life. He is amazingly thorough and cuts through the nonsense to get to the essence of what created this mess in my life. I am only able to see him monthly, but I so look forward to each visit.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2019

Very patient and respectful. I sought him out because my emotional problems were leading to bodily changes and complaints. He is kind and considerate, and he surely takes a complete history. I felt safe and protected.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2019

I highly recommend Dr. Adams. He has helped me tremendously the past couple months. He is very calming and always helps me see the way. Staff is very friendly and his office environment is great.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2019

He has changed our lives. He is open and accessible, very kind and extremely respectful. He is very invested in my multiple problems and helped me understand how I was contributing to them. Dr. Adams is very nonjudgmental: He made me see but did not make me feel guilty. I have avoided all of this for so long. - Hilda

flag | Submitted May 12, 2019

He is calming and reassuring. His clinical skills feel like an art form. He zero’s in on the problems, their causes, the solutions and kept me from becoming discouraged by my past failures. I like the approach of diagnosis-first and then treatment, and the office setting is very upscale/elegant. The scheduling and billing process is handled with precision. Staff is amazing. I highly recommend Dr. Adams.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2019

David B. Adams's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Board Certified in Clinical Psychology (ABPP) Fellow, American Academy of Clinical Psychology Fellow, Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine Fellow, American Psychological Association Fellow, Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy Distinguished Practitioner - Emeritus - National Academies of Practice in Psychology Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (Interjurisdictional Practice) Diplomate, Academy of Integrative Pain Management

• English

• University of Cincinnati
  • Xavier University
  • University of Alabama

• Distinguished Practitioner - Emeritus - National Academies of Practice in Psychology

• Adams, D. B. (1997) Recovery from orthopaedic trauma: psychodynamics and psychopathology - conclusions & recommendations. Psychotherapy Bulletin, 32, 2, 13-16.
  • Adams, D. B. and Wasserburger, L. B. (1997) Psychologic factors affecting soft tissue injury: psychodynamics, psychopathology, and impact upon recovery. In Windsor and Lox (Eds) Soft Tissue Injuries: Diagnosis and Treatment. Philadelphia: Hanley & Belfus.

Pacificare