Froedterts

Hospital

Rate Froedterts

Ratings for Froedterts

Value

I visited a few hospitals before Froedtert, including Northwestern Memorial in Chicago. Froedtert was by far the cleanest and friendliest.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2019

Value

I have had at least 50 admits to Froedert since 2002. The nurses are friendly and really care about their pati ents

flag | Submitted April 16, 2019

Value

My father has been there now three times. We leave with no plan of care after treatment. Have never seen the “specialist”. Don’t go there

flag | Submitted November 22, 2018

Value

My dad had a stroke and was taken to Froedert. In our local Emergency Department my dad had started to recover spontaneously from the stroke; sadly, after he was sent by Flight for Life to Froedert, they did nothing for him though he was sent there specifically because they supposedly could treat the specific condition my dad had. Rather than appropriately treat, they watched him “complete his stroke.” They knew he was coming, had the information from the excellent emergency physicians in Racine, and ignored their obligation to appropriately care for my dad as they had agreed prior to Dad’s transfer to them. My dad ended up paralyzed on his entire left side and ultimately died as a result of the stroke.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Value

I go to Froedtert for everything. All of their doctors are experts. They do an amazing job of coordianating my care between all of my doctors and appointments. I love Froedtert.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Value

I have been to Froedtert for numerous procedure including a total hip replacement on my right and left side. I cannot say enough about this hospital the nursing staff and the doctors are all outstanding. I was admitted twice through the emergency room and service there was also outstanding. Did not have to wait hours and hours for help.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

Value

Avoid this hospiyal at all costs! On 10/11/10 I was assigned a resident anesthesiologist for a fairly routine procedure to repair a rectocele. Because this is a teaching hospital, I was given absolutely no choice. There was apparently no proper supervision. The anesthesiologist hyperextended my neck so secerely that I have permanent occipital neuralgia. He ruptured cerical discs between C5-6 and C 6-7 with a very traumatic intubation. I suffered from daily intractable headaces, causing severe disability. I had an MRI from about a year before, and their pain management director tried to tell me there was no significant difference betweenmy previous MRI and one done a couple of weeks after the surgery. There was a massive cover up . When I went for a second opinion at another health system I was told that my cervical vertebrae were no longer stacked on top of each other, and one was causing a deviation in my spinal cord. I was warned that there was a significant danger of spinal damage if I was involved in even a very minor accident of any kind. I had developed serious PTSD, and put off the surgery until a few months later, when my husband was driving (I was passenger) in a 25mph zone and had to stop quickly to avoid an accident. As a result of this minor stop I had severe cervical pain which radiated pain, tingling, and numbness down my left arm and into my finger tips, and lasted for over an hour. I immediately went to my second opinion doctor and scheduled surgery for the next week. When the surgery was performed my neurosurgeon found much evidence of severe trauma, including a bone spur that had broken off and been shoved into and imbedded in my esophagus. He cleaned up the substantial mess left by the anesthesiologist and fusing my neck from C5-7. There was nothing surgically that could be done for the occipital neuralgia. In the past six years since the injury I have had dozens of pain management procedures done, but I was still granted permanent total Social Security Disability, which the SSA dated as beginning the date of my surgery and granted back pay. This was granted on the first filing, with no need for appeal. This would demonstrate the strength of the evidence. About two years after the injury I developed severely hypertrophic left facet joints above the fusion. I was told by my neurosurgeon that this developed because of blunt trauma from the initial injury. At this time I have postponed surgery to repair that damage because it would involve fusing my entire neck. This would leave me extremely impaired, with almost no use of my neck, and could cause me to lose the ability to drive. Since I live out in the country,it would make me a virtual invalid. The actual surgery by the urogynecologist was also completely unsuccessful, and required a trip to Mayo plus two other surgeries to partially correct. It is still not completely corrected. After my surgeries I contacted several prominent law firms, but found none willing to take on Froedtert Hospital. Apparently as a teaching hospital they are granted far more leeway to maim and debilitate patients by the State of Wisconsin. This needs to be stopped! I went into Froedtert a fully functional person, and left totally disabled. Doctors first pledge is to " do no harm." Apparently Froedtert ignores that part of yhe hippocratic oath!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

Value

Ok, this eval is for the eye clinic surgery only. This was the best care we have ever received. My husband did serious damage to his eye. The doctors were fantastic. One even came in very late at night due to a complication from the surgery and opened up parts of the hospital she needed to use on my husband. I really can't think of anything that I can complain about. The best hospital experience we have ever had, much better than Waukesha, and St. Lukes.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Value

It was a really great experience i loved it and i would deliever my secound baby again

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

Value

This is the most excellent hospital I have ever been to. They follow medical protocol to the letter, and treat the patient with respect at all times. Excellent hospital. I credit them with saving my life, when other hospitals dropped the ball. Excellent staffing, professional people. I highly recommend this hospital. I had cabg x 6.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

Doctors at Froedterts

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.