University Of Tenn Med Center

Hospital

Rate University Of Tenn Med Center

Ratings for University Of Tenn Med Center

Value

Caring, knowledgeable physicians. Dr. Julio Solla saved my life after 2 failed surgeries at another hospital. He was teaching, but had the expertise to repair my colon or I would have died.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2019

Value

After a 51/2 hr complicated abdominal surgery - scar tissue removal and 18” of intestines removed, my wife was in recovery for breathing problems for 5 hrs. Once she was brought to her room, she started having excruciating surgical pain. I was told by nursing staff on the floor that the dr. forgot to order pain meds and they were unable to contact him. After 4 hrs of pain, they finally got in touch with him for the order. Her daily meds weren’t brought by the pharmacy until I went to the nurse’s desk numerous times. She finally got them after 3 days with apologies from nursing staff who blamed the pharmacy. There was NO soap and we were brought baby shampoo instead. Surgeon treated my wife like she wasn’t important and her surgery was only a teaching tool for the medical students - nothing was explained to her and not one took time to answer all her questions. Both IVs in each arm ran out and alarms were sounding, I finally got a nurse to come in. No one knew how to restart her IVs even though her other veins were good. Finally a new nurse came in and started an IV in the crook of both arms. She was unable to bend either arm to feed herself without alarms from IV machines going off. We asked multiple times to have someone come to move IVs to other area of her arms, with no response. I was very happy to get her out of this hospital. I would NEVER recommend this hospital or it’s physicians to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2019

Value

8 hours in the trauma unit, no food, left bloody syringes on the table, blood pressure dangerously high unattended, told us where the bedpan was located, discharged with a crutch and told to come back in five days. Turns out that the "contusion" we were diagnosed with was actually a completely ruptured quadricep. That means that they did not follow fall protocols, discharged a patient who told them repeatedly he could not walk, which led to a second fall within 48 hours and then a third fall because they didn't do the surgery in a hospital setting and he couldn't get the rehab he needed. They set us up to ruin our lives because they discharged a patient who needed surgery. It took them 8 hours to misdiagnose the condition at a Level I Trauma Center. A physician's assistant at a clinic correctly diagnosed it within three minutes just by feeling it. The truly sad thing is that while they held us for 8 hours without food or medications that were needed, there were patients going into shock outside of our door, and other patients leaving the facility before even being treated. When we complained they said they did nothing wrong and it was all appropriate. I disagree.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2018

Value

I was extremely disappointed w/ my care following an extensive back surgery. I felt I was under their protocol with no attention to my pain. I was "different" since I have congestive heart failure. Because of this additional condition, I was not w/in their paramenters for administering meds, even tho I continually informed them I would never fit their guidelines. They even w/held my prescribed heart medication becau se of this. I will never return to this hospital if I have a choice.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

Value

It's the best in Knoxville. Consistently excellent care and keeps updated on newest procedures and general medical changes.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

Value

I will always use this hospital for all of my needs. We had both of kids on their labor and delivery floors. We received excellent care during and afterwards. Although we didn’t need it, we loved that their was a high quality nicu located in the hospital.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

Value

I have used this hospital during the last four years for my four orthopedic replacements. Its size can be intimidating but once you are inside, the staff is extremely efficient and caring. It is very evident why they house so many Centers of Excellence. I will always choose this hospital.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Value

The best thing about this hospital is that it’s a teaching hospital; meaning that everyone who is working there is trying their damnedest to make sure that they’re doing a good job. Residents might perform a surgery but the attending is there watching their every move. And if you don’t believe that, then maybe you should do your research on what TEACHING HOSPITAL means. You will not find harder working nurses and physicians than those who work there. It’s a level one trauma center for a REASON. Why do you think they bring all the life-threatening cases to UT?

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Value

well organized and best care I have ever had. staff is friendly and knowledgeable and patient oriented.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Value

Come in to ER at 1:00pm tell them having trouble breathing are weak 4:50pm still setting in waiting room

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Doctors at University Of Tenn Med Center

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.