St. Charles Medical Center

Hospital

Rate St. Charles Medical Center

Ratings for St. Charles Medical Center

Value

I have had nothing less than excellent service both for myself, and for my family members, as an in patient and outpatient. I am very pleased with our Hospital for a number of reasons!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2019

Value

Last November 2017 I had a seizure and woke up In A Hall Way! Alone - Not Knowing What happened! Trying to get someone’s attention I had to yell out Several Times! I got a room a little faster after Yelling for Help! I have Many Stories about this hospital~ Some Good Some Bad! It seems as though people who work there are Not Happy, They’re so angry or disgruntled!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2018

Value

I lost my original comments and don't want to do them over. Basically, I have been using this hospital for years. A stay here, the experience, is the luck of the draw. The E.R. is a disgrace (the intake procedure, wait time, and lack of comfort while you are dying) is like a visit to a torture chamber. One of my doctors said that our E.R. is like one in an inner city hospital. This is all so sad, as it would take so little to change this.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

Value

My husband and I spent 8 hours in the ER a few weeks ago, we were the only ones who were there when we walked in or out, I just don't understand why it takes so long to see a Dr. at midnight. Could it be there was no Dr. on staff and we were just waiting for the morning shift to arrive.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Value

This hospital is more concerned about how you will pay your bill than how you will recover. There are more staff in the accounting department than anywhere else. After my wife had shoulder surgery at 11 AM she went into the recovery room while she waited for a room. 12 hours later she finally got one. The reason being that they only had two minimum wage cleaning staff to clean the dozens of empty rooms. The surgeon and the staff were great but they were disgusted by the attitude of the administration and they let me know it. I just can't understand how they can charge twice the average rate for hospitals in Oregon and deliver half the service. I guess they have the monopoly in the area. Given a choice go to Portland.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Value

Not real impressed with cleanliness: bedding from last patient left in my room overnight, and floors weren't well scrubbed...BUT, the nurses in ICU were super! Wonderfully caring and alert to my needs. Haven't seen the bill, so don't know about value.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Value

All of my doctors are coneted with St Charles medical center which I really like as all my info is at their fingertips. My husband has been in St Charles Medical Center on various occasions, and we have both been completely satisfied with all services.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Value

I had a minor procedure requiring an overnight stay. There were supplies stacked in my room and the room was dirty and disorganized. The TV controls were filthy. I never slept because there was always banging and stacking going on in the halls. The hall carpets looked like a slaughterhouse floor, stained and dirty. I was constantly afraid of becoming infected with something else and couldn't wait to get out. Only then did I get the rest I needed. Very poor value for the huge bill I had to pay. I know also I had to pay for people who do not pay their bills. Easy for them to pass it on to hard working people like me....

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Value

Unbelievable bill for my knee surgery. My friend went to Portland for the same procedure, had a great stay, and her stay was almost 6k less. Nursing was understaffed and stressed (constantly having difficulties with their computers), care deficiencies were glaringly obvious (the more questions I asked...."oh it looks like the doctor forgot to order that", and with serious potential for complications, the trash can was overflowing with trash on the floor, and my trays took hours to get taken out of the room. The lack of staffing and organization of the hospital was apparent from admission through discharge. When I was able to walk the hallway with the therapist ( they were to busy to see me the first day), the entire hallway smelled of stool....ever heard of ventilation? I unfortunately, have been hospitalized before at UW Davis, and there is no comparison. I felt unsafe staying at St Charles, and if ever I end up a patient there again, my family will transfer me to Portland immediately as per my wishes.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Value

Staff is very good, but billing department is not. This hospital charges are above average.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Doctors at St. Charles Medical Center

Dr. Scott X. Stevens

Dr. Scott X. Stevens

Latest Rating

I had to see Dr Stevens when my anterior uveitis flared up again. I was seen for an emergency appointment within 15 minutes of filling out the paperwork. The previou... Read more

Dr. Gerda E. Tapelband

Dr. Gerda E. Tapelband

Latest Rating

I have been with Dr. Tapelband for years now. She is very knowledgeable, kind, caring and always makes time for me.

Dr. Laura J. Schaben

Dr. Laura J. Schaben

Latest Rating

I have a TBI both the staff and Focyor have been patient caring and helpful. They have made sure i recieved the care i have needed and helped me to cope in a very d... Read more

Dr. Lauren J. O'Sullivan

Dr. Lauren J. O'Sullivan

Latest Rating

Dr. O'Sullivan and her team are first class professionals that embody the essence of true customer service. Upon every visit to her office, the front desk receptioni... Read more

Dr. Marlene A. Covey

Dr. Marlene A. Covey

Latest Rating

She is very professional, knows what shes doing was there to deliver my baby, she will tell it like it is dosnt sugar coat anything. Overall id recommend her and wan... Read more

Dr. Anthony C. Hinz

Dr. Anthony C. Hinz

Latest Rating

Dr. Tony Hinz is an amazing surgeon and a wonderful human being. He put my shattered broken leg back together following a skiing accident, knowing that I wanted to r... Read more

Dr. Mary-Jane Davis

Dr. Mary-Jane Davis

Latest Rating

A wonderful doctor. Always took time to talk about any concerns or questions. Will be missed now that she has retired.

Dr. Michael E. Feldman

Dr. Michael E. Feldman

he's my dad, so yeah. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjtttttthh1hh2hh34ee5ee67 8b9bbbes69

Dr. Brian T. O'Hollaren

Dr. Brian T. O'Hollaren

Latest Rating

We had a great experience with him and his staff as well. I would definitely recommend him.

Dr. David Redwine

Dr. David Redwine

Latest Rating

I agree with the last review. They were very dishonest. and unethical... http://www.bendbulletin.com/news/1387433-153/bend-doctor-may-face-discipline