Dr. Alecia M. Giovinazzo MD & Dr. Marie L. Vartolo, MD

Hospital

Rate Dr. Alecia M. Giovinazzo MD & Dr. Marie L. Vartolo, MD

Ratings for Dr. Alecia M. Giovinazzo MD & Dr. Marie L. Vartolo, MD

Value

Absolutely adore Dr. G! She is super compassionate and above all her bedside manners are top notch. She delivered my first child and will be delivering my 2nd little one in just a few months. She ALWAYS asked if I had any questions and if I did, she answered them in the easiest way possible. Her employees are an absolute pleasure and the office is so lively. They all make me feel super comfortable and are always welcoming when I bring my little one with me. I would hands down recommend Dr. Giovinazzo to anyone who asks for an OBGYN recommendation. And as always thank you Dr. G for taking such good care of your patients!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

Value

Dr. Is reticent, terrible manners, she didn't tell me she was going to do membrane sweep, I cried in jumped in pain telling her to stop but she didn't stop and made it painful deliberately. Next day I went into labour before my due date, and she told the staff in labour room that she did the "hard exam" because I was sick and tired of my pregnancy, which was not the case. Plus who told her to decide for me herself!!! Without telling me. Also she didn't come to see me after delivery, in the hospital, to discharge me. After I got epidural at 7 am in hospital I asked her to wait 10-15 minutes before starting delivery, but she went away without telling anyone for two hours, my nurse and other doctors kept looking for her, when they couldn't find her, another doctor started delivering the baby, then dr. Giovinazzo came out of nowhere. In her clinic she mostly didn't answer my questions and acted like she didn't hear, while her staff told her I am asking her something. This doctor is looking for a malpractice lawsuit, it's hard to not sue her after being treated by her in darkness about procedures she is doing, and the pain she inflicted, and running away and not coming to see me when required.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Value

The doctor's bedside manners were not good. Normally I can deal with that; I'm not there to make friends with the doctor, but when the doctor is doing an already invasive gynecological procedure, and then makes it painful for no apparent reason and does not sufficiently explain what she is doing until after it is done, I draw the line. I do not plan to return, and I would *never* recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

Value

I took my autistic son into thier ER to have a large lump on the side of his instep looked at, even after explaining to them that he was limping in pain and there was no way to tell how severe it was due to his communication issues...we were still left waiting over an hour in the ER waiting room. We're called into triage where no patience was shown to my autistic child, we did get sent for an xray pretty quickly, but after the pictures were taken we were immediately sent home because there was no one there to "look at them". Thankfully my sons foot improved after elevation and ice for a few days while waiting for the phone call determining what was in the x-ray that never came. This hospital is severely short staffed and in my opinion operates with a skeleton crew who Staten Island University Hospital group placed there to keep other competition from opening up a competing hospital on staten Island.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Value

Have been in both Siuh and Rumc And have had better care at Rumc and the staff is friendlier also

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

Value

Excellence and compassion are what these folks specialize in. Saved me in a life threatening emergency. God bless the doctors at this institution.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

Value

Bad hospital with the cities worst staff is an underestimate for this facility

flag | Submitted July 27, 2013

Doctors at Dr. Alecia M. Giovinazzo MD & Dr. Marie L. Vartolo, MD

Dr. Alecia M. Giovinazzo

Dr. Alecia M. Giovinazzo

Latest Rating

I dreaded going to every appointment I had, the wait time is on average two hours. There had been times where I waited in my car until the waiting room cleared out s... Read more