Vassar Brothers Hospital

Hospital

Rate Vassar Brothers Hospital

Ratings for Vassar Brothers Hospital

Value

Omg this the worst hospital, I'm here right now with a high fever and told someone about it an hour ago,I'm burning up my heart is racing so if anything happens to me now you all know why..i ring the emergency button repeatedly and nothing..i heard someone screaming help last night cause no one went to him neither..i was told they don't have anymore blankets and that they don't hear them up..this place is garbage 😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

flag | Submitted January 18, 2019

Value

So I should feel lucky that security wasn't called on me. I arrived via ambulance after 3 days of intermittent fever up to 103.7. I have a choice of Vassar and Mid Hudson Medical. Of course I picked Vassar. If I go to mid Hudson I end up in the mental ward. So I go To Vassar I have a DX of hyperthyroidism which causes fast speech and irritability and even a life threatening DVT. And sometimes a heart rate as fast as 200 beats a minute. But my primary DR. Mazumdar treated some of the symptoms but never took thyroid level tests to diagnose the causes. I still had no idea what was happening to me. Her assistant Ray writes the scripts and she signs them. Ray messed up the script by increasing it 4 fold. While signing it she lays into me and asks me how I function on so much medication. Then she insults me and says she feels sorry for my parents and feels sorry for my daughter. Ray doesn't get fired but I get left high and dry with a letter not to return to her office. I have to pay for Rays mistake? I go to the ER at 2:30am on the 18th. There is a wet behind the ears ER doctor. I get given many tests. They take lots of blood. I am greatful for this. Because about 4 years before I went to VBH ER with a DVT. I had no insurance. They send me out with a script for something costing 457.00 but did they do blood work to find out I had Hyperthyroidism causing this DVT? No ! So now I am waiting for Medicare disability to kick in I am living in my car with all these symptoms talking fast acting crazy all because of Undoagnosed hyperthyroidism.bad Mazumdar. Bad VBH. My 23 year old daughter getting her bachelors in psychology figures it out. I find and Endo Dr Appedo. She is nice and calm and answers my questions no matter how many times I ask the same one. So I get place in a room on the 18th at about 10:30 am. I see some wet behind the ears girl Dr. Who zips in and out of my room on the 19th of may 2018. Dr. Mogul? I ask to See her again on the 20th. I tell her to wait and listen to me. She listens and pretends to order things. Then we are talking about the propranolol I am supposed to be taking and she says I am getting 600 mg of it. I say that can't be right and she says I am being discharged. She gets frustrated with me and decides to punish me by discharging me. At 6:30 am I had a fever. By 7:30 I was sweating and the sweat cooled down my fever. She told me I did not have a fever. Yes I had had a fever. There was still no DX for my fevers. ABT's had been given. I went to the reviews after this nightmare experience and realize I was lucky not to have security called on me. And to only get discharged because I called out the doctor.the infectious disease doctor was professional and did her best to figure out my mystery disease. I had a very nice or assistant named Paula and I had a pleasant on the ball nurse named Colleen. I was up for more than 30 hours with a fever. I was sleep deprived I was difficult to deal with. Not to mention scared. I was on the orthopedic floor. Do not blame the patient or discharge the sick patient to cover up your mistakes. VBH do not let your (professional) employees do this. Educated them. Teach them bedside manner and compassion. Don't teach them how to cover their butt. Teach them humility. I do have some humble doctors that take the time to ask me questions and listen and learn. The chances of caring humble dr.s that listen to their patients getting sued is way less than a young Dr. That doesn't keep learning from each individual case to. Yield knowledge. Having Dr. In front of your name does not make you GOD. Please explain this to your doctors. Dr Mogul is not GOD Dr Mazumdar is not GOD. Please explain this to them. Paula and Colleen were much closer to GOD like because they showed me love when I needed it. They were efficient and caring. GOD is LOVE. Let Vassar show their patients love. Get rid of Mazumdar and Mogul if that is even her name. Their lack of respect for their patients their lack of medical knowledge their GOD complex will become your problem someday if they continue in your employ. Their lack of love.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

Value

Worst hospital around. Brought my husband in by ambulance for a bleeding ulcer. He's was admitted. Released few days later only to bring him back 48hrs later. Same thing sent home 24hrs we were back. He depleted the blood bank. They never fixed the ulcer. He has now past away. He also had a DNR on file his last stay is when they resesitated him. They hooked him up to life support. Why they did not go by the DNR is just plain laziness not reading a patients chart. Worst hospital ever. It has gone down hill very quickly. I would not leave my dog here.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

Value

If you use this money grubbing institution. PLZ be sure to force them to give you a TRUE bottom line. They actually lied to me when pricing how much my surgery would cost (they are a business, but I'd expect more from medicine) They told me, $60-couple $100.. My bill is past 2K and still increasing!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Value

Worse hospital I ever experience . My mother died alone in this horrible place . The staff in the kidney floor are horrible . If you make complain on the staff for lack care for the patient the staff retialates and calls security and kicks you out. They lied on paper work that my father left on his on will when they called security on him .When he requested to speak to floor doctor for. Y mother .Rn manager Bruce knickerbockers called security on my father and my mother died next morning alone. You piece of s...t! Nurse Devonshire ignored my mother calls when she need juice bc her sugar level went low middle of night and delay covering her foot to retaliate on my family. My mother died of foot infection from hospital ! Do not come here these people are criminals! The pain and suffering you caused to my love one .

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Value

I had my appendix out here. I stayed in a semi-private room and it cost like $5 for phone and $5 for cable TV. The nurses were great and very responsive. The doctor's were excellent and extremely nice. I was informed about every thing they were going to do, and how it would proceed. There were no complications and my records were sent to my GP for follow up. I had a roommate for the time I staid there, but there was a curtain to pull and with the TVs both on, it wasn't much of a bother. Definitely and excellent hospital with excellent staff.

Submitted November 27, 2012

Value

I was hospitalized here three times and have been in the ER several times. This is the hospital that several of my doctors choose to practice in, but it wouldn't be my choice if they didn't. The nurses in the neuro ward lie to the doctors and the families of the incoherent patients--I've witnessed it on four occasions. Any simple request, such as more water, is treated like it is a big deal. I've waited as long as one hour for a room call, because the nurses were in a meeting. Patients are devalued. My roommate's diaper was changed with the door open and without the curtain being pulled until I complained about it. Vomit was poured into the sink by a nurse and not cleaned until I spoke up two hours later. Dirty adult diapers are thrown in the patient bathroom's uncovered garbage. The ER can be very good or very bad, depending on who you get assigned to you. The staff participates in character assassinations about the patients. The iv team is excellent, however.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011

Doctors at Vassar Brothers Hospital

Dr. Robert C. Parajon

Dr. Robert C. Parajon

Latest Rating

Several years ago I needed hammer toe surgery on two toes. Many years prior to this I had the same surgery by another dr. on two other toes. After the surgery the ... Read more

Dr. Adele El Kareh

Dr. Adele El Kareh

Latest Rating

Best doctor I have ever met, would recommend her without a doubt. She's loving and cares a lot about her patients.

Dr. Gabrielle J. Wolfsberger

Dr. Gabrielle J. Wolfsberger

Latest Rating

I had my first visit with Dr. Wolfsberger in May 2015 for an annual physical, which seemed fine. However, a month later I received a bill for the appointment, which ... Read more

Dr. Gregory W. Taylor

Dr. Gregory W. Taylor

Latest Rating

Was at Midstate in Meriden, Ct and left W/O notice. Great MD and very understanding till his MIA. The follow up with associate left me confused

Dr. Eric R. Brocks

Dr. Eric R. Brocks

Latest Rating

Amazing doctor, very knowledgeable, extremely caring.

Dr. Steven Ugras

Dr. Steven Ugras

Dr. Herschel Lessin

Dr. Herschel Lessin

Latest Rating

Great With My Kids. He is always smiling and will answer all of my questions.

Dr. Thomas M. Murray

Dr. Thomas M. Murray

Latest Rating

Dr. Murray is the best! He takes time to listen and answer my questions. I wish my other doctors were as good as Dr. Murray. He is professional, knowlegable and cari... Read more

Dr. Cesar T. Villaflor

Dr. Cesar T. Villaflor

Latest Rating

He was the best Doctor my children ever saw. He took time out for both of them put my daughter on breathing therapy at the office and explained everything. Was ver... Read more

Dr. Pradeep Sharma

Dr. Pradeep Sharma

Latest Rating

Does not churn patients, but will spend as much time with a patient as necessary. Knowledgeable, thorough, willing to answer questions.